Author Topic: [pathfinder]Win at Combat Maneuvers.  (Read 5949 times)

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
[pathfinder]Win at Combat Maneuvers.
« on: January 04, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »
Kudos to Sunic_Flames.
1. Has this been mentioned?
2. Is there a flaw?

Build: Barbarian (any) with Roused Anger and Strength Surge. Feat: Endurance. Horizon Walker 3 from 7 to 9, for fatigue and exhaustion immunity.
Free action, enter rage.
use Strength Surge to gain your barbarian level as a bonus to combat maneuver checks.
free action end rage.
next round, repeat if desired.
Soo... at level 9, you'll have a minimum of +17 CMB, presuming a barbarian with Strength 10 and no additional bonuses. With both feats and a starting STR of 16, that'd be +24, and increase by at least +2 each level henceforth.

The same strategy allows the multi-use of any barbarian rage power, which pretty much is a patch fix on the rage power system itself.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Re: [pathfinder]Win at Combat Maneuvers.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »
Rage recharge should tickle my recharge fancy.
I don't know pathfinder though.
(bump)

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:46:56 PM »
I think that should work. You'd have to want to play a Barbarian in a Pathfinder game though. You might even be able to out grapple a Druid.

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 03:06:50 AM »
For the reference, once per rage -> once per round stuff:
- reroll will save,
- autoconfirm a critical hit
- ignore rage (pointless really)
- immediate action double move to prevent an enemy from leaving threat range.
- gain 1 +1 per 4 levels to damage roll 
- add level to str check or cmb or cmd.
- gain 1 + 1 per 4 levels to attack roll
- make an AoO against any opponent moving IN to any square you threaten

Most are sort of meh, except strenght surge and the AoO one. Rerolls are always nice.

APG gives us:
- d6 elemental damage for a round. T_T
- Halve elemental damage taken. Lame, but prereq for...
- gain temporary HP equal to 1/3rd of damage, coming from a single energy type. maxed scorching ray = buff? Cool....
- as above but instead gain a single-use breath weapon.
- make a fort save equal to damage, to halve that damage and take it as non-lethal
- turn all your adjacent squares + your current one to difficult terrain by dealing more damage than the floor's hardness, forcing a DC 15 reflex vs. prone.
- trip instead of a melee attack, the target also taking damage equal to STR modifier.
- attack vs. object, or sunder? ignore hardness. Lame...

So, in total, few easily abusable ones and several which probably should have been at-will, or at least, once per round, to begin with.

Hm, Rage Prophet levels stack with Barbarian, for Rage powers... I wonder if there are Oracle spells which make you immune to fatigue... *edit* restoration line, of course...
Hm. I think I get it why a player was so excited about the Rage Prophet a while back.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:21:39 AM »
The APG Mount one is the best one for maximum amusement.
Grant all your rage powers to your mount right? If your mount is a barbarian, wouldn't that give your mount the power to grant all HIS rage powers(and by extension yours, since you just granted your ride all your powers).
Now...how many riders do you think you can stack on, and is it more than the number of rage powers you can transfer?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
hmm ... Lock builds weren't anything I could contribute to, but ...

- immediate action double move to prevent an enemy from leaving threat range.
- make an AoO against any opponent moving IN to any square you threaten
- turn all your adjacent squares + your current one to difficult terrain by dealing more damage than the floor's hardness, forcing a DC 15 reflex vs. prone.

feels very Lock-y to me.