Author Topic: Replacement game for Athanos Players  (Read 11725 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: Replacement game for Athanos Players
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »
Lesser Aasimar? Is it selectable?

Also, the mantled wilder ACF from Mind's Eye?

Standard or fractional BAB/saves?

Probably the last questions, I swear.  :p
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:55:57 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
I've added my Scribed Scrolls to the Statistics Block Section and have added more info in the description and personality bits.

And I propose the name Arcanis Taladas or Taladas Arcanis for the campaign name :)
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011, 03:34:13 PM »
Lesser Aasimar? Is it selectable?

Also, the mantled wilder ACF from Mind's Eye?

Standard or fractional BAB/saves?

Probably the last questions, I swear.  :p
Mantled is fine, just keep in mind you are burning some of your powers known unless you were planning on picking up all of the level 1 powers from that mantle.

Lets do standard bab & saves for simplicity.

I've added my Scribed Scrolls to the Statistics Block Section and have added more info in the description and personality bits.

And I propose the name Arcanis Taladas or Taladas Arcanis for the campaign name :)
I was actually considering The Reign of Tiers as the campaign name since it is all about the tier 2+ taking on the tier 1s.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »
That's a brilliant name. :)
It's going to be a great game.
And it makes sense to, it's logical.

Brilliant...game....logical....

That reminds me of something... but I can't put my finger on it.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
That really is a good name.
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »
Glad to see it is liked. I hope to keep it up and make the game interesting and entertaining throughout.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »
Forum is up.

I won't be starting until everyone is ready, including myself. So I would tentatively say Monday is the expected start time, it depends on the Dr. appointment tomorrow and how bad my weekend gets.

Mandoor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2011, 10:18:05 PM »
Primevil is fine. I think it should be interesting to see you de-evolve. While I'd rather not have Warforged in the game, from a point of having to explain their existance, rule of cool states the decepticon must be allowed (but its your job to explain at least your guy if not all warforged)  :smirk

For Nemesis how about a compromise? Make it as a paladin's detect evil except for your favored enemy, remove the exalted tag so it doesn't require being a paragon of good, have it penetrate obstructions as the detect evil describes.

arcanis,

At will abilitys I belive takes a standard action.

Since the Nemesis feat was suppost to be up all the time. Can I make it a swift action to activate it, so I can still move and shoot arrows? After thinking about it, a standard action is ok it keeps my players from abusing the power but its upto you.

Will it stay up like Detect Evil, Duration: concentration, up to 10 minutes/ level so when I activate?  I plan to activate it only when I think could be a arcanist creature in range of me not to a continuous sweep. Will the Area of Effect be like Cone-shaped emanation like Detect Evil or 360?

Since Exalted tag is removed, I believe the +1d6 damage to Evil Favorite Enemys will be removed too. Is that correct?

I believe this will work better then the reg Nemesis feat.  I'm going to change it this way in my game too so I wont have to continuously search to see if there is a arcanist creatures within 60 feet of whoever takes this feat only when they active it.  Plus, I'm going to have a house rule that states they can not continualy re-activate the power.  They have to tell me everytime.

I think you answered most of your own questions but here are my answers:
Standard action to activate. Duration is Conc. up to 10 min/lvl. Con shaped emanation. You must tell me when you are activating it. Also since it is nerfed pretty hard compared to what it was I was going to allow the +1d6 to apply to your favored enemy selected for this all the time. It is only slightly better than getting a Psychokinetic weapon, and only vs you favored enemy so it won't be that huge of an issue.

Can we re-visit the standard action to activate the nemus ability?  After thinking about it, that deffects the ability to detect and shoot the arcanist.  Can we make it a swift action so I can use it move and shoot?  I promose I will not keep it up all the time.  I will only use it if I think there is a arcanist in the area.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:24:01 PM by Mandoor »