Author Topic: Replacement game for Athanos Players  (Read 11761 times)

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
Re: Replacement game for Athanos Players
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 08:16:01 PM »
Magic Item Compendium ok?
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 08:19:17 PM »
Will Be reading up on the world and everything after dinner i should have things organized and a Character sheet up by the end of the night since we have no MNF left, but one question i have is will you be okay with early entry tricks for something like favored soul / sorcerer into mystic theurge?

just brainstorming a bit about things as i read over what was being attempted so far. and how are you ruling caster level increases for rainbow servant and its ilk that have charts differing from texts? just to get things in the air so we all know

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »
Sounds good. I will let you know when I activate my Nemesis ability. Let me know when I'm shooting my favorite enemy so I can my extra to hit bounes and +1d6 damage. I'm going to add that to my game too, I believe it will work better for game play abillity.
Favored enemy and Nemesis both add to damage, not hit.
Magic Item Compendium ok?
Should be just run the items by me so I can know what I'm dealing with. The amulet that summons a giant scorpion is a no for this low of a level though, that critter would solo encounters for the group.
Will Be reading up on the world and everything after dinner i should have things organized and a Character sheet up by the end of the night since we have no MNF left, but one question i have is will you be okay with early entry tricks for something like favored soul / sorcerer into mystic theurge?

just brainstorming a bit about things as i read over what was being attempted so far. and how are you ruling caster level increases for rainbow servant and its ilk that have charts differing from texts? just to get things in the air so we all know
Early entry depends on how cheesy. Text will trump table for Rainbow servant and its buddies.

I'll be out of town tomorrow for a trip to New Orleans. Also as a warning my daughter is having heart surgery some time this month, possibly next if they don't schedule it soon. While I'll be staying here working I'll likely be driving to N.O. every weekend until she is released from the hospital. So don't be too surprised if I disappear for a few days or don't post on the weekends. I should be posting during that time because I'll have internet and the hospital is very boring, but you never know.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Mandoor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
lol, I was just talking with Hallick about favorite enemy only applying to damage plus some skill checks and I was about ready to modify my last post.  Sorry to hear about your daughter.  I will keep her in my prayers that everything goes well with the surgery and for a speedy recovery.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »
lol, I was just talking with Hallick about favorite enemy only applying to damage plus some skill checks and I was about ready to modify my last post.  Sorry to hear about your daughter.  I will keep her in my prayers that everything goes well with the surgery and for a speedy recovery.
As me and the little woman have said over and over. It is what it is. She was born with heart defects and this is just the next step in fixing it.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2011, 08:50:27 PM »
Yeah, someone failed miserably at proof-reading the Amber Amulet of Vermin.
CR 2-4 creatures. And a Scorpion with a CR of 7. It should be the size smaller than that one, since that would be in line with the others.

Primarily, Healing Belt. Maybe something else, I'm working on a character now so I'm looking in it at the moment.

Get back to us when you can, real life always takes priority in cases such as these :)
[Spoiler]
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »
If and thats still up in the air as im not sure what i intend to do it would be most likely versital spell caster +Hieghten Spell (or Improved Sigil Krau if illumian) witch is legal tho not all DMs feel its how things were intended.

let me read up and think a bit.  I wish your Family well i hope the surgery goes as planned, as a father i understand how hard it must be at times to not be able to fix things yourself

Im Currently leaning towards  a Duskblade/Suel Arcanamach/Swiftblade  but i would like to know that we would get to level 8 so i can at least see a bit of Suel since everytime i try to play one the campaign ends before i get Suel 1
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:56:03 PM by raith0 »

Mandoor

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »

AA,

I believe the new Tivus is ready for you to look at.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2011, 12:35:55 AM »

AA,

I believe the new Tivus is ready for you to look at.
Remember the effect is blocked by the 3ft of dirt, 1 ft of stone, etc as listed for detect evil.
Im Currently leaning towards  a Duskblade/Suel Arcanamach/Swiftblade  but i would like to know that we would get to level 8 so i can at least see a bit of Suel since everytime i try to play one the campaign ends before i get Suel 1
The only promise I make is best effort, but I love Suel so I would try my best to make sure you get to play it.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2011, 12:47:09 AM »

Im Currently leaning towards  a Duskblade/Suel Arcanamach/Swiftblade  but i would like to know that we would get to level 8 so i can at least see a bit of Suel since everytime i try to play one the campaign ends before i get Suel 1
That will give us 2 gishes, as I'm planning on heading to JPM with my Dread Necro.  That's not a complaint, by the way, since I think your build plays much differently than mine will.  Just food for thought.

WIP Sheet.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:04:48 PM by InnaBinder »
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2011, 03:32:58 AM »
Work in progress, but here's the Binder I consider running.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=264841
A few magical items from the MiC:
Healing Belt
Everlasting Rations
Iron Ward Diamond, least
Crystal of Life Drinking, least
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2011, 04:35:31 AM »
Thought about playing two different characters, and PS the setting is balls-out awesome.

First off, doers the Spellfire wielder feat act as a 3.5 rod of negation, i.e. no action needed to absorb oncoming spells (which I'd like to say I always read to mean you couldn't be buffed), or is it a move/standard/whatever it was in 3.0?

Second, if that's out, how would a changeling wild-shaping ranger ex-convict, heading towards warshaper and master of many forms (or something like that) sound to you? If anyone's confused, think the character Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist, but slightly more DnD suited. It'd be my schtick to transform into creatures I learn about and use their bodies for combat.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:48:50 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »
Carl should be up in a couple hours, have to go run some time sensitive errands, but he's mostly done so far.

edit: Flay, jsyk, I'm doing shapeshift ranger into warshaper into primeval. If you don't mind two shapeshifters, I have no problem with it :P
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »
Carl should be up in a couple hours, have to go run some time sensitive errands, but he's mostly done so far.

edit: Flay, jsyk, I'm doing shapeshift ranger into warshaper into primeval. If you don't mind two shapeshifters, I have no problem with it :P
If spellfire wielder, and thus my namesake, is refused, I would love to play my callous, feral, heartless shifter off of whatever you play as. It'll give me something to taunt.  :smirk What kind of character is it? Because it's honestly easier to think of mine as a vindictive, intelligent monster than a normal pc, so assuming this has some roleplay, this could get fun.  :D

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 11:44:40 AM »

If spellfire wielder, and thus my namesake, is refused, I would love to play my callous, feral, heartless shifter off of whatever you play as. It'll give me something to taunt.  :smirk What kind of character is it? Because it's honestly easier to think of mine as a vindictive, intelligent monster than a normal pc, so assuming this has some roleplay, this could get fun.  :D
Former mage's bodyguard. Whatever caused the eruption shut him down (aka, into the negatives), and he was only recently found and repaired back to operating status by an itinerant tinker. Cold, slightly callous, and slowly regressing into ferality due to the length of time spent inactive. He may start ending up a little "off" as the game progresses.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2011, 12:36:53 PM »
 :bigeye So no beguiler this time?

Placeholder - T'tosc

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »
Nope. Will defense focused class against tier ones? I'm not that masochistic :)
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2011, 01:22:57 PM »
Nope. Will defense focused class against tier ones? I'm not that masochistic :)
Coward  :P

Arcanis, can I take the flaw Lover of Nature?  It nails and aspect of my character perfectly.  http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Love_of_Nature
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:15:05 PM by Hallack »
Placeholder - T'tosc

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2011, 02:16:24 PM »
So, Primeval requires the Endurance feat as a prereq. I'm a warforged, I would never have to make any of the checks that would apply to, if I'm not mistaken. There a possibility that could be worked to something different?

edit: Also, I am coming up short for gear ideas, since I don't use weapons and anything I wear is subsumed into my form when I shapeshift. Fun. Maybe I should look into VoP instead.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:49:28 PM by McPoyo »
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mandoor

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:43 PM »
O, yah, Flay.

You started out playing an swift hunter in the last game before I did so you have dibbs on it. If my char idea is the issue for you not building a swift hunter then I can change it, just let me know.