Author Topic: Shapeshift Druid Barbarian  (Read 8382 times)

Cephid Arcanis

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Shapeshift Druid Barbarian
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 12:26:05 AM »
Not sure I trust those numbers, but more importantly where's the part where he doesn't become a liability every time he stubs his toe?
He's only an FB 1, so he's only a liability the first time he stubs his toe each day.
No, he's got extra rage, so 3 times a day.

I'd say just go with the flow for a bit of fun. If it's an issue killing all your allies in 2 rounds, then take warblade 1: Moment of perfect mind, and iron heart surge.
Not sure I trust those numbers
Which bit? it's all good I think.

Looks like a fun character don't you reacon?

hahaha, I just realised that with 1 more point of strength, this guy can lift a Tarrasque over his head!!!  :lmao :lmao
"It is the mark of a practiced mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it"

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 12:41:32 AM »
The one that really jumps out at me is you seem to be assuming that you can turn into a bear twice simultaneously (maybe, you can rage and frenzy simultaneously, not so sure about double transformation) and that two untyped Str bonuses from the same source (turning into a bear) will stack even if you can.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Cephid Arcanis

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:40 AM »
The one that really jumps out at me is you seem to be assuming that you can turn into a bear twice simultaneously (maybe, you can rage and frenzy simultaneously, not so sure about double transformation) and that two untyped Str bonuses from the same source (turning into a bear) will stack even if you can.

You can rage and frenzy simultaneously. Yeah, I know there is a bit of a question mark there. Bear warrior says it replaces the stat bonuses of rage and frenzy. (not that I ever go by Rules as writen if it sounds dodge)

If so, if you have to double shape shift to get the +16 twice, then don't and that drops his strength to 51.
(still more than a Tarrasque at level 12)
"It is the mark of a practiced mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it"

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 04:37:50 AM »
One- Extra Rage can be applied to EITHER Barbarian Rage OR FB's Frenzy, not both.  From the looks of it, it was taken long before the first FB level, therefore it must have been applied to the Barbarian's Rage.

Two- You can't IHS Frenzy.  Frenzy demands that you attack your enemy (or ally, as the case may be) to the best of your ability, and using your standard action (IHS) to end a +6 (or +10) untyped Strength buff is basically the exact opposite of that.

Cephid Arcanis

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 04:49:59 AM »
Two- You can't IHS Frenzy.  Frenzy demands that you attack your enemy (or ally, as the case may be) to the best of your ability, and using your standard action (IHS) to end a +6 (or +10) untyped Strength buff is basically the exact opposite of that.
That's probably a good call actually. Then it will have to be Monent of perfect mind to make a solid will save. Should be easy enough.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 02:43:19 PM »
MoPM cannot be used while raging or frenzying as both of those abilities specifically indicate you cannot use the Concentration skill while under their effects.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »
MoPM cannot be used while raging or frenzying as both of those abilities specifically indicate you cannot use the Concentration skill while under their effects.
You can still use it to prevent entering a frenzy, and combined with a +18 Will save modifier you'll be pretty safe.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »
True, but I thought he was saying you could use it to end your frenzy before you kill your buddies.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Cephid Arcanis

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 01:33:59 AM »
True, but I thought he was saying you could use it to end your frenzy before you kill your buddies.
Actually I was, but I see the catch. Anyway, find a way if it is an issue and go to town with your epic strength.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 02:12:34 AM »
The way is to get a +18 Will save mod before entering FB.  Something along the lines of...

Barbarian 4/Cloistered Cleric 1/Ordained Champion 2/FB 1

Should do it, given a base 18 Con, +3 resistance bonus (cheap item or readily available spell), and the Steadfast Determination feat.  Have to be either Neutral Good or Neutral Evil, though.  Using Swordsage instead of Ordained Champion will free up a lot of alignment options, but you'll be strapped for feats.