Author Topic: Your dream character!!! (aka the one your DM wasn't crazy enought to let you)  (Read 5311 times)

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
In the min/max boards I've seen alot of crazy awesome builds. Some of them I could see playing but others had no flavor at all. However everyone has a build they want to try. Maybe you want a arcane/divine gish, a crazy awesome bloodline or a uber stacked template build.

for me it has to be: Shecarn Deathvine (because I like that name) karisite(TOM/LA bought off)/ silver dragon major bloodline binder(10)/KotSS(5)/scion of D(5) with spellfire feats and possibly a homebrew feat which allowed me to absorb any spell caught of my spell resistance.

discuss.......
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Gestalt, Major Vampire Bloodline, Psionic Mind Flayer 15/Binder5//Wizard 1/Factotum 5/Anima Mage 3/Ur-Priest 1/Warweaver 1/Illithid Savant 3/Paragnostic Apostle 1/Mystic Theurge 5
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
I always thought it would be fun to play some sort of gestalt Paladin of Tyranny 3/Hexblade 4/Crusader X/Something Else X//Sorcerer/Incantrix mix.  Maybe throw in Dread Witch on one side and the dead caster level on the non-caster side for shiggles.

It wouldn't be the strongest thing I've seen, but I think it'd be a lot of fun.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

mthor

• Email
sigh..... yes for gestalt that would be a little weak. ( this is why I don't play gestalt )

mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
Binder 15/KotSS 5//Rogue 3/Fighter 2/Cloistered Cleric 1/Chameleon 10/Warblade 2/Swordsage 2.

Maybe swap a level from the Fighter or the Warblade for something else, not 100% sure yet.
Anyway, Binder gestalt.

Lot of Binder love so far in this thread. :D
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Some DMs frown on the binding class and its fluff... :(

Mine was more a power issue though.  :rollseyes
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Hmm. Probably a sharn. A sharn what, I don't know.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Hmm. Probably a sharn. A sharn what, I don't know.
Sharn skymage, duh.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
Oh, if we're talking about a character I wanted to play but my DM disallowed then this would be the one:

Rogue/Swashbuckler/Fighter/Invisible Blade/Master Thrower.

I could only have 4 classes in total, including PrC's.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

mthor

• Email
OMG....... it's doctor Who. best British tv show evar

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
that would have to be an E6 gestalt character....   three major bloodlines (depends on what "before" means) on one side (wouldn't have to take the last three levles b/c you don't reach level 12 ha ha)

The Ghost with the Most...
Ouija, the Psychotic

Kalashtar(cheese entry into Thrallherd)
side one: all bloodlines// Titan1, Fey1, Djinni1(using the typo "Djinni affinity +21"), Titan2, Fey2, Djinni2
side two: // Dread Necromancer1, Ghost1, Binder1, Cloistered Cleric1, Ardent1, Thrallherd1

12th level rebuking(stacking w/bloodlines but not breaking the "best progression" rule)
6th(8th with feat) EBL
three domain powers(and/or devotion feats)
ML6 and level appropriate Power Points(can get more powers/PP from thralls and/or future feats)
+ you're a freaking GHOST! with thralls that bring you a fresh WBL every day! only to be REBUKED!  :evillaugh

My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
An Awakened Potbellied Pig Frenzied Berserker.

I thought it would be damn funny...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
that would have to be an E6 gestalt character....   three major bloodlines (depends on what "before" means) on one side (wouldn't have to take the last three levles b/c you don't reach level 12 ha ha)

Ouija, the Psychotic

side one: all bloodlines// Titan1, Fey1, Djinni1(using the typo "Djinni affinity +21"), Titan2, Fey2, Djinni2
side two: // Dread Necromancer1, Ghost1, Binder1, Cloistered Cleric1, Ardent1, Thrallherd1

12th level rebuking(stacking w/bloodlines but not breaking the "best progression" rule)
6th(8th with feat) EBL
ML6 and level appropriate Power Points(can get more powers/PP from thralls and/or future feats)
+ you're a freaking GHOST! with thralls that bring you a fresh WBL every day! only to be REBUKED!  :evillaugh

If you're using typos, why not go vigilante to get 30 third level slots/day.  Obviously make swordsage your first class.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink

Ouija, the Psychotic

6th(8th with feat) EBL

If you're using typos, why not go vigilante to get 30 third level slots/day.  Obviously make swordsage your first class.
nice, didn't know about that one
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
The almighty psionic sandwitch. I got inspired when I just read that character idea. One day someone will allow me to play it. And I fully intend to do it.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Vynar

• Email
perhaps a gestalt druid/something fitting the profession of assassin. Does not have to be the most horrible thing ever but I guess it does have druid.........

For whatever idea I just like the idea of evil druids enjoying the brutal aspects of nature.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:30:46 PM by Vynar »

mthor

• Email
I always liked the idea of an assassin who was driud/MoMF like a dune skin walker

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email