Author Topic: Sephiroth  (Read 12335 times)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Sephiroth
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »
So lets forget statting Sephiroth whom is basically a level 9 warblade UMDing wands that look like stones that acquires both the Paragon & Abomination templates and stat up a sword using badass that Sephiroth bluffs others into thinking he is.
Bards have Bluff as a class-skill. :p
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »
And UMD, I think...

@SorO_Lost: I, at least, was trying to AVOID statting sephiroth... But, you make intriguing points. However, you won't quite get the correct effect that way, as if level 50 or so....

....Wait, how does a level 40 party beat a level 50 + templates sephiroth, even with an 1 to 5 ratio?

Also, wands don't quite work as an analogy, as materia gets STRONGER with use.

It's more like, slotless magic items of spell, which automatically get upgraded by WBL, while restricting wealth gained directly as money.

WBL isn't really money, after all - it's magic item access.

I had a point, but it got dull.

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2011, 03:43:03 PM »
a 9th level warblade with paragon IS epic.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »
I would have to disagree with Sephy being sup 17th level (level, not ECL).  Even when not Jenova enhanced, he still does stuff which even 20th level characters are having difficulties doing (like slicing massive buildings apart and fighting on the falling debris and moving far faster than any human has a right to).  He literally cuts through spells in Crisis Core.  On top of that, since Cloud was getting his ass handed to him even with the power of the freaking planet, I think Sephy is significantly higher than level 9.

Remember, at the end of Advent Children, Sephy only was seriously injured by Cloud's strongest ability and Cloud only got it off because Sephy was toying with him (so we can rule out Wizard as his class :p).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2011, 07:09:17 PM »
I would have to disagree with Sephy being sup 17th level (level, not ECL).  Even when not Jenova enhanced, he still does stuff which even 20th level characters are having difficulties doing (like slicing massive buildings apart and fighting on the falling debris and moving far faster than any human has a right to).  He literally cuts through spells in Crisis Core.  On top of that, since Cloud was getting his ass handed to him even with the power of the freaking planet, I think Sephy is significantly higher than level 9.

Remember, at the end of Advent Children, Sephy only was seriously injured by Cloud's strongest ability and Cloud only got it off because Sephy was toying with him (so we can rule out Wizard as his class :p).
The above is why I said he had levels of warblade. They can do that. Just give them a two-handed weapon, a couple of boosters, and Power Attack, and you've got a building slice-o-matic.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »

The above is why I said he had levels of warblade. They can do that. Just give them a two-handed weapon, a couple of boosters, and Power Attack, and you've got a building slice-o-matic.

Has to do it at a stupid range too though...

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2011, 07:47:20 PM »

Has to do it at a stupid range too though...

I'm sure there are spells that allow that. Remember, bard/warblade/sublime chord/swiftblade.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2011, 08:23:14 PM »
So the DM is using an over-the-top critical miss table.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2011, 02:35:57 AM »
Naw, that's lazy theory. He couldn't reach cloud so he sundered stuff blocking line of sight?

...Bloodstorm Blades can hit everything within 100ft. Especially immobile objects.