Author Topic: Sephiroth  (Read 12343 times)

SylvanPrincess

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Sephiroth
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
how would you make sephiroth? i want to be something like him, but not evil, probably neutral. psionics involved? warmind?

Jopustopin

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Sephiroth
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:53:10 PM »
To toss some ideas out.  There is a winged template from savage species and I believe the weapon that best fits is an elven courtblade.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »
Wow, it's been so long since I saw a Make Me A Clone Of A FFVII Character thread, I didn't throw up in my mouth at all.  Getting their novelty back a little since leaving gleemax, I guess.

OP: Try putting in a little more effort if you want a build.  Generally the more you put in the more you get out, up to the limit beyond which your post is so long nobody can be bothered to spend hours reading it.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 03:04:14 PM »
Well, naturally Form of Doom is the first thing that comes to mind. Some sort of a pseudonatural celestial would make sense, too.

Mechanically, he's a Gish. A Psi-gish, perhaps, but regardless.... or just plain divine?

It seems he uses Simulacrum or Astral Projection a lot, after the whole start of darkness event. Maybe he goes all Tainted?

Mm... Crusader or Warblade / Sorcerer / Abjurant Champion / Alienist / Tainted Scholar? Probably level 34, since a level 36 party can whup him pretty easily...

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 05:33:52 PM »
Well, naturally Form of Doom is the first thing that comes to mind. Some sort of a pseudonatural celestial would make sense, too.

Mechanically, he's a Gish. A Psi-gish, perhaps, but regardless.... or just plain divine?

It seems he uses Simulacrum or Astral Projection a lot, after the whole start of darkness event. Maybe he goes all Tainted?

Mm... Crusader or Warblade / Sorcerer / Abjurant Champion / Alienist / Tainted Scholar? Probably level 34, since a level 36 party can whup him pretty easily...

A little Derailing here but since when did anyone ever beat a FF game below level 99 by choice?  nothing like counter attack-quad casting-Knights of the round summons all maxed so when/if Sephiroth attacked you he got totally decimated but....

Sephiroth is definately a gish.  and i like to use the Javar from Planar handbook  for his weapon of choice.  im thinking a focused transmuter with the shape change reserve feat.  maybe with giant size on his list (last battle if i remember correctly).  Maybe a Fire Elf for race

hope this helps

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »
Sephiroth's a straight wizard 60

A 60th level wizard can instagib as many level 3 clouds as he wants. Heck he can instagib as many 40th level clouds as he wants.

He has mastered every elemental spell and invented new ones.
He has researched Apocalypse from the sky, except made more powerful because he has 12 wizards of probably about 7th level contributing 4th level spells to his ritual.
He has summoned some sort of mind flayer vampire as his cohort.
Really he doesn't even fight that much. He just sort of stabs people in an offhand manner every so often.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »
Sephiroth's a straight wizard 60

A 60th level wizard can instagib as many level 3 clouds as he wants. Heck he can instagib as many 40th level clouds as he wants.

He has mastered every elemental spell and invented new ones.
He has researched Apocalypse from the sky, except made more powerful because he has 12 wizards of probably about 7th level contributing 4th level spells to his ritual.
He has summoned some sort of mind flayer vampire as his cohort.
Really he doesn't even fight that much. He just sort of stabs people in an offhand manner every so often.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 06:18:28 PM »

A little Derailing here but since when did anyone ever beat a FF game below level 99 by choice?  nothing like counter attack-quad casting-Knights of the round summons all maxed so when/if Sephiroth attacked you he got totally decimated but....

the only FF game i got to level 99 in was FF3/FF6. i never have been the type to grind endlessly and get every single item etc..

sry no build post  :P
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
That's a proof he's not 60th level. A 40th level Cloud should beat Sephiroth, not trivially, but moderately easily.
Cloud probably had more Martial Adept levels by comparison to Sephy, who's more casty, in the end, really.
I think I'd want some Incarnum in the mix, as there's an easy association with Mako, glowing eyes and all... Besides, Totemists become rather FF7ish hybrid monsters eventually :D

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »
That's a proof he's not 60th level. A 40th level Cloud should beat Sephiroth, not trivially, but moderately easily.
Cloud probably had more Martial Adept levels by comparison to Sephy, who's more casty, in the end, really.
I think I'd want some Incarnum in the mix, as there's an easy association with Mako, glowing eyes and all... Besides, Totemists become rather FF7ish hybrid monsters eventually :D

you're right, my bad, he's only level 50.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »
Wow, it's been so long since I saw a Make Me A Clone Of A FFVII Character thread, I didn't throw up in my mouth at all.  Getting their novelty back a little since leaving gleemax, I guess.

OP: Try putting in a little more effort if you want a build.  Generally the more you put in the more you get out, up to the limit beyond which your post is so long nobody can be bothered to spend hours reading it.
Well I did.  The franchise has been whored out to a nigh-infinite degree, and no individual game has been whored out more than the one practically born of the Emo subculture.

Strongarm Bracers to wield a large bastard sword, EWP and a dip into Exotic Weapon Master to add double strength to damage, Ardent with Dominant Ideal and the Energy mantle, among others, heading into Slayer.

Soo... Human Ranger 1/Ardent 10/Exotic Weapon Master 1/Slayer 22 w/ the Pseudonatural Template (ELH).

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 07:23:22 PM »
You know, I was thinking about making a case for Sephiroth only being like a level 10 fighter since level 7 is super legendary human. But then I recalled Sep's destroy the galaxy attack that maybe depleted 50% of the party's HP.

Clearly he is epic, and also the heros that stopped him could take a universe breaking comet to the face and not only live, but protect the entire planet they are on at the same time.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »
Or a chained phantasmal killer.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 07:50:02 PM »
Which explains why he uses it a second time and theres still planets around.
Same for the third and fourth uses. I really think some where out there some guy did nothing but cast Cure 3 on the party for an hour just to commit intergalactic genocide before killing Sephiroth.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 07:56:01 PM »
Supernova is definitely an illusory effect. Not only is the solar system still there after he uses it, it can't actually kill anyone.

This might interest you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWcFUQ0THJ0
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:00:28 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 01:35:33 AM »
Would this be a bad place to ask for builds for Celes and Guu?

Celes would be some sort of gishy Spellthief, maybe something like Spellthief 20 with Arcane Disciple (War) and that luck feat that redirects spells? Or does someone have a better representation of Rune.

And I don't know how to begin to represent Guu, only that there was probably some Totemist in there.

Yeah, I liked FF 6 better than FF 7.  :D
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 01:53:36 AM »
Gau is a WS Ranger -> MoMF with a hat of disguise (or something similar that keeps him looking like Gau).

Celes might be representable by some manner of Bard/Spellthief/Sublime Chord/Eldrich Knight w/ Master Spellthief, although figuring out how to qualify for all that crap would be a headache.  The thing is, most of the Spellthief stuff really doesn't apply.  Absorb Spell is the only ability you want from the class.

SylvanPrincess

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 04:03:56 AM »
Wow, it's been so long since I saw a Make Me A Clone Of A FFVII Character thread, I didn't throw up in my mouth at all.  Getting their novelty back a little since leaving gleemax, I guess.

OP: Try putting in a little more effort if you want a build.  Generally the more you put in the more you get out, up to the limit beyond which your post is so long nobody can be bothered to spend hours reading it.

wow, thanks for the AWESOME input. i was rushing to work when i wrote this, so i apologize. the thread was meant as a discussion, not as a judge-my-build. sorry if this is in the wrong forum. thanks to everyone for their opinions, i just got home on new years, so i think ill respond tomorrow.... :)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 10:35:23 AM »
Celes would be some sort of gishy Spellthief, maybe something like Spellthief 20 with Arcane Disciple (War) and that luck feat that redirects spells? Or does someone have a better representation of Rune.
Spellfire Wielder?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 02:51:42 PM »
Spellfire Wielder?

Sounds like it would work...

Thanks!
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing