Author Topic: Can someone run a campaign for me?  (Read 30296 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Can someone run a campaign for me?
« on: December 30, 2010, 04:22:06 AM »
I'm already running two, and I'd like to play a bit more, soooo...

Anyone interested in playing/DMing a silly game? I would definitely prefer to play, so yeah.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Can someone run a campaign for me?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 05:42:47 AM »
How silly a game are you thinking?

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 12:41:22 AM »
Let's put it this way...

I want to play a Catgirl Physicist. Yes, for the irony.

In other words, try to make it silly in the sense that it's full of references and stuff, not to the point where one has to be stoned for it to make sense.

That specific enough?

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »
well I am interested in playing if you can find a DM will be waiting for the character details

any way what type of cat girl are you thinking were or Anthropomorphic  and if you do anthro will it be a house cat type or you going something bigger ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:06:38 AM by Stormcrow »

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 01:15:53 AM »
I was thinking something crazy like an Afflicted were-cat Incarnate Construct Eldritch Eidolon of an Anthropomorphic Magebred Cat.

Yeah, she's had a wild life. And technically, the LA is only +1.

And the best part? All the above templates and stuff are completely legal to apply :).

(Eldritch Eidolon is from Towers of High Sorcery, a Dragonlance campaign setting book. I would do Dustform Creature instead, but that lowers my Dexterity by a bit, and Incarnate Construct does remove pretty much everything from Eldritch Eidolon except the mental stat adjustments.)

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 01:29:21 AM »
Eldritch Eidolon never heard of it what does it do ?

well if allowed i would (for my character)  The Feytouched in to Half-Fey Transition Class from Savage Progressions transitions class for +1 http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040319a

with I have yet to pick

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 03:21:05 AM »
Well, if I DMed, at least for my usual group :D I'd give 1 LA for free :P providing it's of the usual 'quality' as most LAs.

...soo, Elder Things made a guardian statue in the honor of their favored pet. After guarding an adventure site for a couple of eons a mage used Incarnate Construct on the thing and turned it into a living creature, after which, in a stroke of irony, it got afflicted with werecat lycanthropy (common housecat).

Oh, afflicted locanthropy is +2 LA, so not sure where you get +1... Couldn't find the actual description of incarnate construct, except that it's a 9th spell, meaning it costs about 5000GP which is a tad outside 1st level character. :D

being AFB (or PDFs as i ma be) can be so inconvenient...

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 03:43:48 AM »
im interested, out of practice but interested.

im thinking a Giant dwarf, possibly half fey bard.

i saw we pick who runs it.

i nominate gilgamesh.

[spoiler]that will teach you to go around the interweb registering on unseemly forums.  :lol[/spoiler]

although venn and sev are both fine by me  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:49:29 AM by altpersona »
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 01:37:57 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »
Well, if I DMed, at least for my usual group :D I'd give 1 LA for free :P providing it's of the usual 'quality' as most LAs.

...soo, Elder Things made a guardian statue in the honor of their favored pet. After guarding an adventure site for a couple of eons a mage used Incarnate Construct on the thing and turned it into a living creature, after which, in a stroke of irony, it got afflicted with werecat lycanthropy (common housecat).

Oh, afflicted locanthropy is +2 LA, so not sure where you get +1... Couldn't find the actual description of incarnate construct, except that it's a 9th spell, meaning it costs about 5000GP which is a tad outside 1st level character. :D

being AFB (or PDFs as i ma be) can be so inconvenient...

Incarnate Construct is a template out of Savage Species that is -2 LA. So people usually use it with LA 0 or 1 construct races to get free templates, or reduce large LA's to something more manageable.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 12:36:16 AM »
Well, probably not for the appearance; she's a physicist, damn it! (And by that, I mean Factotum)

Oh, and Eldritch Eidolon basically fuses a creature with a magical item, allowing them to use their effects; incarnate construct removes this, so it's unimportant.

And can anyone guess why she's a Physicist?

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 01:32:09 AM »
Schroedinger?

ie, physicists do it, in a box with a dead cat?
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 02:06:15 AM »
Close, but more related to RAW.

I remember seeing a poster about it at least once.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 04:23:30 AM »
o well  as for why a Physicist i do not know as for my character i do not know right now i am still trying to pick between warlock or a Psion .... ....

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »
Precisely  ;).

(An explanation: "Every time you bring physics into a RAW discussion, God kills a catgirl. Please, think of the catgirls.")

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]