Author Topic: Baldur's Gate and other places [Private for Malark Greycastle]  (Read 15384 times)

Snizor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Baldur's Gate and other places [Private for Malark Greycastle]
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »
[spoiler]
Daelric acknowledged Cat with a slight nod before beginning his morning meditation to regain the spent magical energy from last night. 'How best to get the cat out of Ladydove,' Daelric pondered while meditating. By now, The city guard would be aware of Cat's escape and be on the lookout for him... Perhaps he could pass off Cat as a familiar. A grin crept across Daelric's face as he contemplated the idea of Cat disguised as a practically hairless Athkatlan Sphinx. 'No, Cat's oversized paws and head would be hard to disguise by mundane means and Daelric had to assume that the guards at the city entrance would have someone or something able to detect a more magical disguise...  Perhaps having Cat hide in his handy haversack, along with being disguised (just in case) would work? Of course, he could just cast an invisibility spell on Cat and tell him to find his own way out of town...'

Daelric finished his meditations in silence before turning to Cat.

"It's about time for us to leave", Daelric paused for a second before continuing, "As far as getting you out of the city unnoticed, I'm going to leave that up to you. I will provide you with an invisibility spell that will last about sixteen minutes, hopefully enough time for you to get out of the city unnoticed. Once out of the city, I will meet you here in an hour's time.", Daelric pulled out the area map and pointed to an area near the main road just out of sight of the town.

"If you do not show up in time, I will be forced to leave you behind. Is that understood?"
The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2009, 07:24:16 AM »
[spoiler]Cat wrinkled his feline forehead and peered at the map through his slitted pupils and tried to memorize some details.
Aye, understood. I imagine getting out of town should be possible, invisibly even more so. I'm a fast runner, too, so I'll easily get there on time.
He sounded confident enough.
Let's get going, then. he concluded, looking up from the map.
[/spoiler]
[ooc:][spoiler]
We can switch to the meeting point immediately unless you want to do something else. Were you going to get more mercenaries or not?[/spoiler]

Snizor

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2009, 05:42:41 PM »
OOC:
[spoiler]Decided against hiring more mercs.
[/spoiler]

Meeting place outside Ladydove:
[spoiler]
I should have picked a more hospitible meeting place, Daelric thought to himself as he struggled through the verdant, overgrown foliage of the meeting place, glancing about for any sign of Cat. Well... at least the chances of anyone accidentally stumbling upon him accociating with an escaped criminal would be minimal...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:57:44 PM by Snizor »
The Collected Works of Snizor:<br />Collection of Necromatic Oddities<br />Mechonomicon

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2009, 09:39:40 AM »
[ooc:][spoiler]Alright... :devil[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Cat was cursing, too, by the time he arrived. He had had little problems getting out of the city. In spite of being deformed, he was still just a cat, and as such, would have been largely inconspicuous even without the invisibility spell - at least to anyone not specifically looking for him. Also, he was GOOD at hiding. Invisibility did spoil him, though, and he just ran most of the way. He did find, however, that being locked up in an underground room for most of his life had not made him a good navigator. He had to backtrack twice before reaching the gate. Luckily, he was quick enough on his feet to make it there before his invisibility ran out. At the guard posts on the gate he paused, then slunk past them, cautiously. He made it into a clump of bushes before reappearing in plain view.
Then he followed the road, staying well out of sight within the brush or tall grass next to it, until he reached - as he thought - the spot Daelric had appointed. But there was no sign of him, and he found his tracking qualities once again sorely lacking. Only after criss-crossing the area for several minutes did he catch the familiar spike of mental activity on the fringe of his Mindsight.
He snuck closer, giving himself time to remove the signs of his agitation from his face. Then he appeared, prowling as nonchalantly as he could from the bushes.
There you are, he said in Daelric's head. Sorry choice of a meeting point, but....let's not start this venture on a poor note. Where are we headed, now?

[ooc][spoiler]
Skillz, skillzs, needz more skillz... duh.  :banghead
To sneak up on you:
Hide: 37
Move Silently: 24
Then
Bluff 15 to appear nonchalant...[/spoiler]

Snizor

« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2009, 04:37:54 PM »

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2009, 06:23:56 AM »
[ooc]
[spoiler]
Sense Motive: 7 :)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Cat was a bit miffed that Daelric wasn't surprised at his sudden appearance. He was further miffed at being reprimanded.
I DO remember the point on the map, I was asking about the next leg of the way, because I THOUGHT we might not be going the direct route. he said, irritably. That much was true, as well. What he did not say was that he had no idea how to get to the point on the map from here.
Whatever.... let's just go.

The meeting point was well in the desert, the vegetation would become thinner and thinner for a while yet, until it subsided totally, and only rough sandy rubble remained.[/spoiler]