Author Topic: Everything gestalt (class)  (Read 15703 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Everything gestalt (class)
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:42:45 PM »
There was some talk about gestalting all the tier 5/6 classes into a single class and seeing what comes out. So I'm giving it a try, with a few modifications to fit them better together.

Classes used: Fighter, Monk, CA Ninja, Rokugan Ninja, Healer, Swashbuckler, Soulknife, Expert, OA Samurai, Paladin, Knight, CW Samurai

HD: d12
BAB: Good
Saves: All good
Class Skills (8+Int): All

1    AC Bonus, Aura, Bonus feats, Detect opposition, Fighting challenge +1, Flurry of blows, Healing hands, Mind blade, Smite 1/day, Spells, Sneak attack +1d6, Trapfinding
2    Divine grace, Evasion, Ghost step (invisible), Lay on hands, Mind blade +1, Shield block +1, Throw mind blade
3    Aura of courage, Bulwark of defense, Fast movement +10ft, Insightful strike, Poison use, Psychic strike +1d8, Still mind, Sneak attack +2d6, Uncanny dodge
4    Armor mastery (medium), Great leap, Ki strike (magic), Mind blade +2, Slow fall (any distance), Speed of darkness, Test of mettle, Turn or rebuke undead
5    Purity of body, Shape mind blade, Smite 2/day, Special mount, Sneak attack +3d6, Vigilant defender
6    Acrobatics +2, Fast movement +20ft, Improved uncanny dodge, Ki dodge, Mind blade +3, Shield ally, Staredown
7    Acrobatic charge, Effortless healing, Fighting challenge +2, Wholeness of body, Psychic strike +2d8, Speed climb, Sneak attack +4d6
8    Call to battle, Ghost strike, Improved flanking, Mind blade +4
9    Armor mastery (heavy), Bladewind, Fast movement +30ft, Improved evasion, Improved poison use, Sneak attack +5d6
10   Ghost step (ethereal), Ki strike (alignment), Mass staredown, Mind blade +5, Smite 3/day
11   Diamond body, Greater flurry, Lucky, Psychic strike +3d8, Shield block +2, Sneak attack +6d6
12   Abundant step, Acrobatics +4, Daunting challenge, Fast movement +40ft, Mind blade +6
13   Acrobatic skill mastery, Diamond soul, Fighting challenge +3, Knife to the soul, Sneak attack +7d6
14   Ghost mind, Improved shield ally, Improved staredown, Mind blade +7, Weakening critical
15   Fast movement +50ft, Psychic strike +4d8, Quivering palm, Smite 4/day, Sneak attack +8d6
16   Bond of loyalty, Ghost sight, Ki strike (adamantine), Mind blade +8
17   Impetuous endurance, Slippery mind, Timeless body, Tongue of sun and moon, Sneak attack +9d6
18   Acrobatics +6, Fast movement +60ft, Greater ki dodge, Mind blade +9
19   Empty body, Fighting challenge +4, Psychic strike +5d8, Wounding critical, Sneak attack +10d6
20   Frightful presence, Loyal beyond death, Mind blade +10, Perfect self, Shield block +3, Smite 5/day

Proficiencies: All armor, weapons and shields.

AC Bonus: As the monk/ninja class feature. A Warrior adds his Wisdom modifier to AC, +1 per five class levels.

Aura: The power of a warrior's aura (as detected by detect evil and similar spells) is equal to his Warrior level.

Bonus Feats: A Warrior gains a bonus feat from the fighter list at every class level. His effective fighter level is equal to his Warrior level. He must meet the prerequisites as normal.

Flurry of blows: As the monk class feature, except that a mind blade always counts as a monk weapon.

Mind Blade: As the soulknife class feature, except that it is magical rather than psionic and can be drawn as a free action. A Warrior chooses one form for his mind blade at 1st level, which can be any melee weapon. This weapon uses the monk's unarmed strike progression to determine its base damage. For every size the chosen weapon's normal damage is larger or smaller than 1d6, it deals damage as an unarmed strike of one size larger or smaller. At every even class level it gains a +1 enhancement bonus or equivalent enchantments.

Smite: As the samurai class feature (+Cha atk/dmg) with the paladin's uses per day, except that if he smites a creature of opposing alignment it takes additional damage equal to his class level.

Spells: A Warrior can cast spells as a healer, drawing from the healer and paladin lists. He uses Intelligence as his primary spellcasting stat.

Throw Mind Blade: As the soulknife class feature. If his mind blade is a ranged weapon, he instead takes only a -1 attack penalty for each range increment.

Shape Mind Blade: At 5th level a Warrior can summon two copies of his mind blade at once, or a single copy with an enhancement bonus 1 higher than normal.

Ki Abilities (Su): The following require expenditure of a spell slot of the listed level or higher in order to use (and do not otherwise have any restrictions on number of uses). If the ability allows a save, its DC is based on Wis and using a spell slot higher than required increases the save DC by +1 for each additional level.
1st: Fighting challenge, Ghost step
2nd: Ki dodge, Test of mettle
3rd: Call to battle, Ghost strike
4th: Abundant step, Daunting challenge
5th: Bond of loyalty, Quivering palm
6th: Empty body, Loyal beyond death

Perfect Self: As the monk ability, except that he gains DR 10/epic.

Quote from: Alternate
Remove "Mind Blade" at 1st level.

Mind Blade: At 2nd level and higher a Warrior may treat any weapon he wields as a mind blade, but only one weapon at a time. This functions as the soulknife class feature, except that it is magical rather than psionic. The weapon uses the monk's unarmed strike progression to determine its base damage. For every size the weapon's normal damage is larger or smaller than 1d6, it deals damage as an unarmed strike of one size larger or smaller. At every even class level it gains a +1 enhancement bonus or equivalent enchantments. This ability replaces the weapon's normal enchantments while it is active.

Shape Mind Blade: At 5th level a Warrior may apply the benefits of Mind Blade to multiple weapons at a time, or increase the enhancement bonus granted to a single weapon by 1.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:41:12 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: Everything gestalt (class)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »
Looks close to tier 4, maybe 3 on a good day. I don't know, though.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »
Meh. It still doesn't have spells. :p
That said, now it's an even better idea to dip just two levels and never look back, if you were inclined to do that already.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:34:33 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 07:45:29 PM »
It has spells. From two spell lists.

Granted, they are sucky, but they are still spells.

Say, does this class qualify for Sword of the Arcane Order? Because if so, we just got a better wizard...

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 09:49:10 PM »
Added CAdv ninja.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:17:22 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 10:00:54 PM »
Meh. It still doesn't have spells. :p
That said, now it's an even better idea to dip just two levels and never look back, if you were inclined to do that already.
But just look at what lv3 gets you...

And once you have three levels, lv4 makes you bouncy and grants Turn Undead...

Say, does this class qualify for Sword of the Arcane Order? Because if so, we just got a better wizard...
It doesn't get a familiar though.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:09:44 PM by Prime32 »
My work

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »
Well, it's easily Tier 3. Rogue is Tier 3 almost exclusively because it gets Use Magic Device. Sure, this doesn't get Sneak Attack, but it does get full BAB, all good saves, and a slew of class features, including 9th level spellcasting, Turn Undead, and Swift Etherealness as a 1st level spell.

Now, how does it rate against other Tier 3s? Meh, I'm not so sure about that one. Seems like it has a lot of great stuff going on for it.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 05:14:46 AM »
...Rogue's not Tier 3.  UMD is too situational to be a sole factor in getting someone up that high.

As for what this is... well the fact that you get the Paladin list at healer speed is quite good, since Paladin spells tend to be better for their level (due to the fact that Paladins get their spell levels later).  Sudden Strike + Iajuitsu Focus would be nasty as a damage source, especially when combined with flurry and full BAB.  It's one hell of a dip class, too.  Crazy MAD, and probably poor AC as a result, which is an interesting weakness.

If Sword of the Arcane Order is allowed, this instantly shoots straight to Tier 1, since it's just a Wizard with a feat tax but a ton of other crazy abilities.  If not, I'd say T3 or so.

JaronK

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »
...Rogue's not Tier 3.  UMD is too situational to be a sole factor in getting someone up that high.

You're right, I don't know why I said that actually. But yeah, this is still very much Tier 3.

Crazy MAD, and probably poor AC as a result, which is an interesting weakness.

I don't consider it MAD, but more Multiple Attribute Compatible. It has SO MANY abilities keying off of many different ability scores that if you happen to have ANYthing high you're getting some substantial benefit. It also definitely seems to me that Charisma benefits this thing more than the other scores.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 08:34:40 AM »
This thing is gonna LOVE some of them rolled stats.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »
Added knight. Which adds more Cha dependence... hmm. What abilities would it make sense to shift to Int?

EDIT: Made the casting Int-based and set the knight abilities to Wis-based.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:40:40 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
I would actually play this...

Looks like more fun than a Gestalt of all the tier 1+2 classes...

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 02:04:56 PM »
What if Mind Blade instead became an enhancement to any weapon the Warrior wields? Shape Mind Blade lets him affect multiple weapons at once.
My work

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 02:11:04 PM »
Maybe I should use this as my partial Gestalt for Amechra's homebrew monsters game.  :devil
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
Maybe I should use this as my partial Gestalt for Amechra's homebrew monsters game.  :devil
Gestalted with domain adept w/ Devotions, eh?
My work

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 09:15:47 PM »
If you do, I may have to kill you.

Out of fairness to the other players, you understand, right?

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 09:17:51 PM »
If you do, I may have to kill you.

Out of fairness to the other players, you understand, right?
What? I'm just looking at better survivability.  :P

I really wouldn't do that to you. Since this gestalted with anything would be silly.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 10:01:38 PM »
I just noticed that this guy is a war god at 20th...

I mean seriously, just look at it!

Also, this+ that feat that let's you make a mind shield instead of a mind blade= fun

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 10:25:09 PM »
This looks intensely overly complicated.  I want to play it.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self