Author Topic: Re: Relationship Advice (Was: Some Tips for Single Gamers)  (Read 965 times)

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
Re: Relationship Advice (Was: Some Tips for Single Gamers)
« on: July 11, 2008, 02:24:14 AM »
Interesting fact: it is damn hard to get a political position if you have felonies on your record.  Seeing as I have a lust for power, I don't plan on going to prison in this country.  Plus, I get my laptop in two months.  Two and a half months from now the campaign should be up and running.

Oh, don't worry. If you don't go to prison, your opponent will get you for something else. If your record is squeaky clean, they'll manufacture something that'll hurt your image even though you can prove it's inaccurate.
I hate how slandering your opponent is such a useful weapon...

Sorry, AJ, I don't know no Shep. Unless you're talking Three Stooges (I dimly remember one named Shep...)

As to admitting nerdity...I guess it depends how much nerdity we're talking about. If you're a nerd first and have few or no non-nerdliffic hobbies, the target should get a saving throw fairly early on. I mean c'mon, if someone was into fantasy baseball and spent a significant portion of every day on it, would it be part of an honest relationship to hold back on that fact for more than a couple of dates? Heck, if it's that important to her life, I'd hope to hear about it, once, at some point on the first date. Don't go overboard, but bring it up and test the opponent's reaction.

Now, I'd like to point out that I'm not in a relationship now, so my advice is suspect.

I agree with Chemus.
Ya'll are freaking out because you're afraid that girls are going to know that you're hardcore gamers/nerds/geeks whatever you want to label yourselves. But frankly, you are what you are! If that's what makes you happy, then take some friggin pride in it. Be like Vin Diesel (OMG YES) and be badass about it.  Shrug it off like it's no big deal, but openly admit that you're a gamer. She'll find out eventually. You'll only prolong the time you get to spend with her under false pretenses otherwise... And the longer you two date, the more you'll get attached, and the more it'll hurt when/if she leaves you because you weren't the person she thought you were. 

Frankly, I think physical appearance is more important than knowing what to say to a girl.
Based off of statistics, people gauge whether or not they want to interact with someone based on their appearance. Working out a little helps you get all sexified, while showers help keep the stench of nasty unclean male off of you. Girls like nice smelling things. Stinky people who don't have time to shower CLEARLY don't have time to put into a relationship.

My advice is suspect for other reasons.  Those with pure minds should not check in the spoiler block.
[spoiler]My summer project was to drop the virginity before college.  So far it is progressing well.  Down about 30 bucks, hit the first three bases, and still haven't decided which to sleep with first.  I only started dating a month ago...  Good times.  It is like taking a summer class on women, but costs less money and is more fun.

In any case, I wasn't planning on taking risks.[/spoiler]
Edit:
I found this an amusing read.  Not sure it is safe for work (the name of the thread is How to Pimp).  No, I haven't used anything in there yet.  I may during college though.

That has nothing to do with getting a relationship. That has to do with getting ass. There is a difference. The former of which is more difficult to attain and maintain.  :P

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.