Author Topic: Shaper help, My DM wants to nerf Psionic Minor Creation  (Read 6898 times)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Shaper help, My DM wants to nerf Psionic Minor Creation
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 03:13:23 PM »
got to play my shaper today for the first time (first time i havent been the DM in 6 years too) and wow did i underestimate Minor Psionic Creation and fabricate. Very versatile powers!  So i may just tell my DM i dont need to make poisons, we played 7 hours and i didnt make them once so meh
Versatility is the strength of the shaper.

Quite probably the most versatile-yet-focused class in the entire game, really.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

jeco

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 04:40:12 PM »
Ideas we had is put a gold cap based on Craft poisonmaking ranks or caster level. Or to limit it to a certain dosage amount when casting it based on caster level

Any feedback would be good if i can't work something out i might just change disciplines

Your DM could require an XP cost based on the poison's value. Psionic powers tend to use an XP cost to balance them out when necessary anyway. For example- 1XP for every 5gp of value. This would deter characters (especially lower level ones) from freely mass producing poison. He could also require particularly hefty DC skill checks for creating such poisons so that it will be nearly impossible for lower level characters to create the especially powerful poisons altogether.

Saeomon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • A real rules lawyer
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »
Ideas we had is put a gold cap based on Craft poisonmaking ranks or caster level. Or to limit it to a certain dosage amount when casting it based on caster level

Any feedback would be good if i can't work something out i might just change disciplines

Your DM could require an XP cost based on the poison's value. Psionic powers tend to use an XP cost to balance them out when necessary anyway. For example- 1XP for every 5gp of value. This would deter characters (especially lower level ones) from freely mass producing poison. He could also require particularly hefty DC skill checks for creating such poisons so that it will be nearly impossible for lower level characters to create the especially powerful poisons altogether.

Unless the DM also rules that Psionic Minor Creation creates permanent items, an XP cost would be disproportionate to the benefit gain.

stranglebat

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 07:40:24 AM »
unfortunately the dm is running without exp instead having us level up at plot points as a group so XP stuff is kinda hard to deal with, he has given me the ok to look into stealing peoples souls and what not to generate EXP tjp :)