Author Topic: What are the best tricks of a character who doesn't use magic?  (Read 8670 times)

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
Re: What are the best tricks of a character who doesn't use magic?
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 03:35:55 AM »
Well, not really.  You'd be pretty darn strong (you'd have tons of maneuvers, pounce, flurry, enough feats to support pretty much anything, plenty of skill points to go around).  But I don't think you'd be a whole lot stronger in any individual area than a normal character... you'd get stuff faster (due to getting so many feats) but after a while the difference wouldn't be huge.  It might be fun to try,though.

JaronK

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 04:24:22 AM »
Well, not really.  You'd be pretty darn strong (you'd have tons of maneuvers, pounce, flurry, enough feats to support pretty much anything, plenty of skill points to go around).  But I don't think you'd be a whole lot stronger in any individual area than a normal character... you'd get stuff faster (due to getting so many feats) but after a while the difference wouldn't be huge.  It might be fun to try,though.

JaronK

What tier do you think it would be, with problem solving capability? I'd think that something like this would be relatively high, what with hide in plain sight, the overtly nonmagical manuevers, massive skill points and ways to add skill bonuses, ways of one shotting stuff, high mobility. Tier 2, maybe? Could it get to Tier 1?
BG's other resident furry!

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2010, 04:30:54 AM »
Tier 3.  You don't have any of the Tier 2 defining "whee I just threw the game off the rails" abilities (except perhaps diplomacy, but tons of classes have that, and ability to do combat damage.  A CW Samurai has Diplomacy and ability to do combat damage, given appropriate items and optimization...).  So, tons of versatility... within constraints.  That feels like high T3 to me. 

JaronK
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 04:33:22 AM by JaronK »

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »
What are the best tricks of a character who doesn't use magic?

You can scope out what enemies the DM is using and their tactics before dying and bringing in your REAL character.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.