Author Topic: Campaignment of Scarlet Devil  (Read 43448 times)

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Re: Campaignment of Scarlet Devil
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2011, 10:56:03 PM »
Marisa struggles to keep hold of her broom as she's violently pushed back from the epic parry. This fairy was suprisingly strong despite her small size! Thanks the gods Marisa had placed so much wards on her broom, otherwise it would've surely shattered with this impact.

As she watches Cirno struggle to fire one last massive spellcard, Marisa can't stop herself from grinning with satisfaction. This is how a proper duelist should be, giving it her all! The hail was too massive for Marisa to dodge in her current state, still catching breath from that high speed charge, but she couldn't afford to fall now. With honed instincts, she quickly pulls out her mini-hakkero and places a spellcard on its back in the fraction of second before the ice danmaku reaches her.

There's no such thing as enuff danmaku! [Magic Sign]-Stardust Reverie!

The mini-hakkero releases multiple circular barrages of star-shaped brightly-colored danmaku just in time, clearing off the ice danmaku headed towards Marisa and filling the battefield with a true fireworks show!

When the spellcard ends, Marisa dismisses her wings and mounts the broom, flying towards the fainted fairy.

You've fought well ice fairy, but for the victor, the spoils! Your friends told me that there was something strange going around the lake, and I want to know what and where it is so I can go check if there's valuable things to steal solve it!

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »
"The dragon came from the mansion on the island in the middle of this lake. Now leave me alone. You won by luck, next time you will not be so lucky." Cirno crosses her arms and pouts, flying away.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
Hmm, I wonder how strong that fairy would be if it was actually winter... Well that'll have to wait for another time ze. You heard the fairy Reimu, the culprit's on the center of this place! Let's go!

Just stoping some time to look for and retrieve the umbrella, Marisa mounts again on her broom and starts flying towards the interior of the lake.

Brrr, I'm too lightly dressed for this kind of weather. I should find some place that serves tea soon ze!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2011, 07:03:31 AM »

"Took you long enough. I was just about getting ready to eave you behind." Leaving the cards behind with the fairies, Reimu has already gotten a small headstart on Marisa while she was talking to Cirno after the match. "I told you there's no dragons down on the ground... Anyway, you really are sloppy. Using three cards just to fight a fairy."
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2011, 08:57:02 AM »
Odd, Marisa can't seem to find the umbrella anywhere. Maybe one of the fairies took it.

At any rate, there's still a wall of that red mist around the middle of the lake; there don't appear to be any gaps.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:01:23 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2011, 01:38:35 PM »
Marisa quickly catches up with the shrine maiden.

Well, what's the point of having spellcards if you don't use them Reimu? This was my first good duel in two years ze! Totally worth it! Even if I lost my new umbrella during it.

Then whe she notices there don't seem to be any gaps to pass trough, she decides to create one!

I'm breaking trough! Illusion laser!

Marisa lets out a basic magic beam at the mist wall in an atempt to create an opening.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »

"Mm. I guess we're on to something. At least, someone wants to stay in there." Remembering that the mist seemed to be caustic to the black Youkai girl, Reimu can think of better things to do than touch the wall, though. "Marisa, do the ho-" She doesn't get to finish the sentence, however, as Marisa has acted on her own accord. "Well, I guess you'll use your lasers even if you're told not to."
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2011, 07:31:21 PM »
A small hole opens in the wall briefly, before closing again.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
Marisa gets through, but it burns!
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2011, 04:48:28 AM »

"Because even you don't expect you to charge right through a cloud of acid mist? Geez..." Pulling six square charms out of her sleeves, Reimu throws each of them in a different direction and conjures a cube-shaped barrier of light blue force around her. "So about how thick is that wall, anyway?" Then, she proceeds to move through the cloud herself.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:53:13 AM by Agita »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
As soon as Reimu enters the cloud she can feel it eating at her barrier, but it's at a manageable level. It's not long before she has joined Marisa on the other side...

Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea

...finding the coast of an island pressed up against it. Green grass grows here, with paths leading in various directions, though a haze of the mundane sort prevents you from seeing where they end. Sheets of light fall from gaps in the mist above to fall precisely on flowerbeds along the path.

A flash of red catches your eyes - something is moving nearby.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »

Dismissing the barrier after making it through safely, Reimu carefully lands on her feet on the island's shore. Though she says nothing, her posture seems to say "check it out, the mist didn't even touch me". Looking around, she does have to admire the beauty of the garden. "Hmm... what nice flowers. More importantly, looks like we found either the culprit or the only one who shielded themselves from the mist. I guess we know the next one to ask, then... Mm?" The brief glimpse of red among the mist catches Reimu's attention as she muses, and she starts moving towards it.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »

Was kinda expecting a castle or some cavern in a mountain ze...

Says Marisa as she applies some mushroom-based medicine on her burns, from a flask retrieved from her hat. Thankfully her clothing was mostly black, so the damage there didn't stand out so much.

Then she notices something moving on her field of vision, and hastily puts away her mushroom medicine flask back in the hat. Seeing how Reimu seems to have caught the glimpse as well, Marisa hurries after her shouting:

Don't let it get away!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2011, 09:45:37 PM »
A redheaded woman in Chinese clothing hums cheerfully as she sprinkles the flowers with a small watering can.

She flinches as Marisa cries out, then turns.
"Miss Sa... Ah, intruders!"

She immediately fires a burst of danmaku from her palm.

Back at the lake

At the edge of the lake, near where Marisa and Cirno fought shortly before, a pile of mud (or is it manure? Probably mud) shifts and moans. A curious fairy approaches, before running away with a shout.
"M-m-mud monster!"
By the time a group comes to investigate, however, it is gone.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:30:01 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2011, 11:09:07 AM »

"Wha- Hey!" Though she's caught off-guard, a quick leap to the left manages to avoid most of the projectiles, and a hastily activated minor barrier deflects the rest. "Hey! What kind of way is that to treat guests? Anyway, you there! What do you know about this mist stuff?" Waving her gohei angrily at the red-haired woman, Reimu flies over the flowerbeds towards her.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »
She's clearly performing some secret evil ritual with those flowers to fuel the mists ze! We have to stop her now!

Marisa spins in mid air releasing a volley of multi-colored lasers from behind Reimu, aimed at the chinese woman. Taking care to don't hit the shrine maiden of course.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »
Evidently mistaking the gardener for someone with the opposite colour scheme, Marisa FIRES HER LAZORS. In response, the woman hurls her watering can in their path.

The first attack strikes the can and there is a loud roar as it explodes into an enormous torrent of water that blasts out in all directions. While the two are caught off-guard, more danmaku breaks through the still-falling white curtains.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2011, 06:12:19 PM »

"Hey!" Beleaguered by danmaku from the front and behind and with the ground below her, Reimu takes the only remaining way out - up. Pushing off the ground, the red-white miko launches herself in the air to avoid fire both friendly and unfriendly as she sets up a spell border. "So that's how you're gonna be?" Maneuvering herself into position, she produces scores of amulets from her wrist to form a barrier around her and shoots the remainder towards the curtains of water. Visual concealment? Pah, she has homing attacks.