Author Topic: Campaignment of Scarlet Devil  (Read 43447 times)

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Re: Campaignment of Scarlet Devil
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2011, 11:24:54 AM »
Sensing Cirno's rising agression, Marisa mounts on her broom again and starts readying for combat, while dramatically pointing to the skies.

I'm ordinary magician Marisa Kirisame, the hero that will pierce the misty heavens! So if it was you who caused this whole incident, I shall punish you with my power of love!

Also, mushrooms don't grow on the cold ze. Even if you didn't make the mist, you've clearly frozen the lake, and that's bad for my business ze.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »

"Fine, if that is what it takes to make you listen to the Strongest, so be it! Spell Border Activate!" yells Cirno as the air turns sharply colder for a moment as the chilly mists rise up and swirl around the large forest clearing. Dissipating quickly, what the mist left behind is a very thin but seemingly strong wall of glass-clear ice that rises some hundred feet up and humming with magical energy.

"As the host, I'll let you the guest start with the first spellcard!"

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:38:17 PM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »

"You're both idiots! There aren't any dragons down on the ground!" Turning away in exasperation, Reimu throws her arms up in the air. "Fine, fight it out if you want! Just make it quick, we're in a hurry."
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2011, 02:17:01 PM »
A fairy that knows about spellcard duels? You're a worthy target ze!-says Marisa while pulling a card that Reimu easily recognizes even at distance, and fiting it behind her Mini-Hakkero, aproaching both to her own chest while starting to whisper.

Concentrate my mind
Mutter the spell to Mini-Hakkero tenderly
Aim at someone I don't like
Now unleash my annihilation of love!

MASTER SPARK!

A massive colourfull beam of pure mushroom-and-love-fueled energy is shot towards the Ice Fairy, making the lake's surface and the duel barrier themselves shake with its power.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2011, 02:32:46 PM »

Watching from the sidelines, Reimu shakes her head. "Opening right away with her biggest spell... as expected from Marisa, no sense of strategy." Shrugging, she looks back at Marisa. "I just defeated a youkai without needing any cards. Are you saying you really need your most powerful spellcard to fight a fairy?"
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2011, 03:02:02 PM »
Over on the frozen lake, something cracks a few paces before Cirno's feet as the gigantic laser beam flashes towards her. At the right moment Cirno raises her arms in a manner resembling an attempt to block a punch and a huge slab of ice from the lake rises up at an oblique angle, allowing the beam to hit it at an angle and showers the area with ice shards as the slab gets thinner and smaller.

"Gwoah....argh..." grunts Cirno as she holds her hands up at the slab of ice in an effort to reinforce the cracks and missing bits with more ice. "Just...a little bit more..." Cirno strains after what seems like an eternity of being under the blast ray of powerful magic.

"AHHHH!!!" Cirno roars as she feels the magical assault begin to soften up. Drawing a small bit of extra energy, she shoves the now barely man-sized slab of ice forward and ducks down as it explodes, sending more showers across the frozen lake surface, even the hole where the huge slab originated from quickly froze over from the mist.

"You...you're good...my...turn. Ice Sign! Icicle Fall!" smiles Cirno as some smoke from the after effects of Marisa's attack singed her. Raising her hands outwards, shards of ice formed from the gathered water vapors and mist and begins to fire outwards and forwards. Each shard is as sharp as a flint rock dagger as it flies true outwards. A pretty dense danmaku of ice flies towards Marisa, some pieces hitting the icy spell barrier and drops onto the ground, others rebound with the right force and angle to come flying towards Marisa from the back.

Strangely enough, there is a large gaping hole in front of Cirno where no ice shards fly through.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:15:18 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
Marisa snickers at Reimu:

Silly girl... Master Spark was once my strongest card, but I haven't been idle for the last two years like certain shrine maidens. Its still a pretty good opener ze. As the starter of the duel, it was my duty to make it flashy!

While talking, Marisa carefully studies the new pattern incoming at her. The empty spot looked tempting... Too tempting. Clearly a trap. She wouldn't take the bait.

Instead, Marisa suddenly turns to the side and flies alongside the barrier at max speed, while releasing small volleys of magic missiles at the Ice Fairy, dodging her danmaku with Marisa's honed reflexes.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »
Beloved Tomboyish Daughter

{OOC: Pretend that came earlier... -_-}
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2011, 08:19:14 PM »

"Tsk..." Cirno clicks her tongue in annoyance as she tries to dodge Marisa's danmaku at the same time. Fortunately her smaller size and short bursts of agility make grazing possible, if at the cost of her not being able to continue attacking. In short moments, Cirno's first spellcard expires as some danmaku hits her right in the face.

As if a response to Marisa sticking near the spell borders, a single beam of freezing energy shoots form from Cirno's outstretched hands as the Ice Fairy drags the laser around to chase Marisa with its intense beams.

"Just because you don't come any closer does not mean I am not prepared!" yells Cirno as the single beam of energy suddenly splits into three, with the two rays by the sides opening further from the middle. While it looks smaller than the Master Spark, three is however better than one. And when Marisa grazes these beams, she'll find frost growing on and inside her clothes and the air around her semi-frozen like jello.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:34:43 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »
Lasers? She thinks she can take  me down with lasers? Marisa not only dodges the rays by flying between their open spaces, she spirals around them while closing in with Cirno to maximize grazing!

Hmmmm, that's refreshing ze! Now three lasers is pretty good but...

Weapon Select: Piercing Type-Illusion Laser

...Four is even better!

Marisa fires back four rainbow lasers at mid range, togheter with a hail of basic danmaku.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
The tri-laser combined into a single thick stream as it shortens itself and turns into a huge ball of ice. Rolling the ice before her, Cirno rushes at breakneck speed towards Marisa, heedless of the danmaku and lasers grazing her through the rolling ball of ice as it explodes just before it reaches its target.

But the ball is not the point.

"Four is good, but if it does not take down the Strongest, it is useless!" a colder voice echoes from this little fairy's lips as it fires the tri-laser at point blank range grazing Marisa's sides and hitting her broomstick with a solid "Thunk!" turning into an iced broomstick, freeze-locking it.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2011, 10:37:02 PM »
Marisa quickly jumps off from her broomstick as it freezes before the ice can catch up to her, giving a sigh for the loss of her favorite way of flying, but aparently not worried she's still dozens of meters above the ground.

You know, there's more than one way for magic girls to fly ze. Let's see if I still can do it...

Two feathery wings suddenly sprout from Marisa's back, making her rise above Cirno, while Marisa conjures six orbs and puts them on an hexagram formation around herself.

Weapon Select: Spread Star

The orbs start chaotically spinning around Marisa, each one releasing danmaku on it's own, surrounding the Ice Fairy in an inescapable cloud of shots.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2011, 09:11:05 PM »

"Hail Sign! Hailstorm!" Cirno pulls out another spellcard as a blaze of danmaku flies forth from her hands, knocking as much danmaku from Marisa as she could, but taking in just as many shots herself.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:03:17 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
Hmm, let's see how do you deal with this- "Light Blast: "Shoot the Little Moon"!

Shouts Marisa, as she sends her magic orbs around to Cirno's back and below, from where they start shooting lasers aimed at her and the sky while grazing Marisa herself! She keeps shooting a small danmaku barrage from her hands to pin down the resourcefull fairy from multiple angles.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2011, 10:07:14 PM »

"Ow! That's it, take this! Freeze Sign! Perfect Freeze!"

A blast of chill radiates from Cirno as even Marisa's danmaku freeze in the air, along with Cirno's own danmaku. And for a moment everything seems to be standing still, all the danmaku in its intricate or chaotic pattern (depending on who is firing it of course) can be seen in its frozen state. But just as sudden, the frozen shots defrost and start firing in other directions!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »

"Geez..." Down below, Reimu appears to be playing Old Maid with some other fairies. Wherever she got the cards is a mystery. "Just hurry it up, you two~. It feels like we've been here for a month already."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2011, 05:27:46 PM »

I blame it on the fairy. Cleary she's frozen time ze!

Not willing to have more of her own danmaku frozen, Marisa stops shooting and lets herself drop to the ground while grazing the random danmaku storm, flaping her wings on the last moment to don't crash land. When she rises again you can see she's retrieved her broom from the ground, mounting it again and then rising again at top speed towards the ice fairy, the wings and broom combined for even faster flight, spiraling to dodge the danmaku!

Brute Broom-Punishment of the idiots and impulsives!

At the last moment, Marisa dismounts her broom and swings it directly at Cirno's head hoping to catch her by suprise with a pure melee attack instead of a magic one!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2011, 06:18:49 AM »

"Aah, geez! Just hurry it up already!" Reimu's patience is over. From her sleeve, she pulls a single card to end this farce. "Spell card!"

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2011, 06:11:36 PM »
Time slows down to Marisa as she hears those dreaded words.

So it comes down to this Reimu ze...

Marisa pulls out a spellcard she hoped she would never have to use. Her secret only non-failure atempt to replicate Reimu's natural cheating holy powers. But still unstable. Unknown. Untested.

If I must go down, I shall do so with a bang ze: [HOLY S***! SIGN]- APOCALYPSE MAIDEN...!

[spoiler]

Drop Dead Easy!

I... Regret... Nothing ze!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2011, 09:35:08 AM »

"Melee! JUST THE NAME OF THE GAME!"

Icicles and shards of sharp ice that had littered all over the arena begins to float up.

Just as the shards float around her, in the split seconds that Marisa speeds towards the ice fairy with her broom, a sword materializes from Cirno's hands.

"Take this!" roars Cirno as ice sword contacts with the broom, the clash erupting into a massive explosion that threatens to shake the spell battle border into pieces.

Flying backwards from the explosive impact, a parry of epic proportions. Cirno lifts her weak and trembling arm as all the ice shards start flying towards Marisa without much room to dodge them.

"Here I come Normal Magician, do you have enough danmaku? Snow Sign "Diamond Blizzard" grunts Cirno as she faints on the frozen lake, her shards relentlessly pounding away, reforming and firing itself again.

[spoiler]Sorry guys, job searching, interviews and stuff took all time away.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:56:17 AM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]