Author Topic: Good healbots?  (Read 9496 times)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Good healbots?
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010, 09:14:43 PM »
I'd prefer using Sacred Healing with that.  Fast Healing to an area for each turn attempt.  A smaller amount, yes, but you end up doing more healing per turning attempt that way.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »
A decent healer is a Shadow Dragonwrought Kobold Rogue with maxed UMD and Dragonfire Strike/Craven.

With flaws, you can deal 2d6+1 Negative Energy damage with an attack. Have your allies take Tomb-Tainted Soul.

Later on, UMD scrolls and Wands and other stuff to nab condition-removal.

And the best part about healing SA? It is now a Supernatural ability. Meaning that you can Empower your SA. Of course, that requires 9 HD, but think about it; even relatively unoptomised, you should have about 6d6+9 negative energy damage with a SA, and then you get the ability to Empower that 3/day...

Surprisingly decent.

How is an ability that does just over 9d6 at level 9 decent? A piss-poor Fireball is as good, or if you want something harder to avoid, an Orb of Fire does as much and can Daze. Damage isn't the way to win the game, but if you're going to try, at least be good at it.

Well, you aren't using it to kill people... Did you not notice that this is doing
Negative Energy Damage
and the people you're stabbing have
Tomb-Tainted Soul
and thus heal from Negative Energy?

Unfortunately, I just double checked the feat, and this isn't legal; only the standard energy types are allowed, which saddens me.

Quick, find me a party of Lesser Mechanatrixes!
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2010, 11:18:41 PM »
If you splash Dragon Shaman with your Crusader you'll get marginally better continuous, passive healing ability.  With the Crusader's strikes and such you'll have something else to occupy your time while you're also shoring up the HP totals of your party members.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Gnomeo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2010, 02:35:32 AM »
I'd prefer using Sacred Healing with that.  Fast Healing to an area for each turn attempt.  A smaller amount, yes, but you end up doing more healing per turning attempt that way.

I agree that Sacred Healing is more efficient and useful in the long run since being able to provide multiple allies fast healing at range with a single action is much better than a single target at touch range.  The required ranks in Heal mean you can't get it until 5th level though; where Healing Devotion is available at 1st level.

If your DM doesn't allow you to use Binder abilities to qualify for feat prerequisites you will have to take a level of a class that provides turn undead. 

Healing Devotion also has the clause that automatically activates it in the event that you find yourself in negative hit points.

Food for thought for anyone considering these.  I've found Healing Devotion to be quite useful at early levels on my Binder, though we haven't yet reached the point where he would qualify for Sacred Healing.
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010, 03:49:22 AM »
Healing Devotion is good only up until the point you can get Sacred Healing.  Afterwards, it's only good if your DM doesn't let you use turn undead from Binds to qualify for feats, and yet still lets you burn them for Domain/Sacred feats.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2010, 05:34:55 PM »
I'm finding that my 10th level Binder using Zceyrll is a very good healer, Effective Binder Level 12. He can use Summon monster as a sorcerer of his EBL, so once every 5 rounds I can summon a Brellani that has two Cure Serious Wounds. Unlimited Cure Moderates are available at Summon monster 5 if you can use summons from the BoEDs. At 16th level I'm going to be able to summon an Avoral which gets Heal, Lay on Hands, and 3 Cure Criticals once every 5 rounds. At Summon Monster VII I'll be getting free Raise Dead's from the Monadevic Deva from Fiend Folio as well. Out of combat healing is basically free as long as we have enough time.

He was able to use the summoning healing to tank a fight with an Adult Blue, Young Adult White, and a young green by using a combo of his high AC (30), Shield Self from Dhalver-Nar (take half damage and the target you apply this to takes the other) and then having the Brellani's healing him every other round while our ranger and sorcerer ate away at their hp.

Avoral?.
An Avoral have no healing capabilities.
Have you accidentally read the Leonal instead?
Since it's right after the Avoral in the MM, that would explain it. Leonal aren't on any SM list afaik, at least in the book.

Actually, it's on the SMIX in the SRD. Good to know.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
I did mean the Leonal, at Summon monster IX. The Avoral gets Lay on Hands for 66hp which isn't bad either for SM VII, but it's no heal. The Deva I got wrong too, its the Movanic Deva for Summon monster VII. Which I'm finding to be ridiculous with Prayer, Cure Serious Wounds, Protection from Arrows, as well as a double strength protection from evil + lesser globe of invulnerability with a 20ft radius.

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »
The ursinal guardinal (BoED) is available from SM IX as well, packing heal 3/day as an SLA (along with a bunch of other solid SLAs) and it casts as a 12th-level wizard.

Who wins? Da bears!
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 09:04:29 PM »
Would love to use that one myself, but BoED is banned in my current game, there's a couple of other summons from that book that get raise dead or reincarnate as spell like abilities too.