Author Topic: Whoa, nevermind.  (Read 4196 times)

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
  • "I do not exist," we faithfully insist.
    • Facebook
Whoa, nevermind.
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »
umm.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:54:22 AM by MFLABIAS »
Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: I JUST bought DungeonScape (Crasher Sub/Warforged Jugg build)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »
If you pick up Toughness and Troll-Blooded at level 1 with your flaws you'll be nigh unkillable except for fire and acid, although the regeneration rate isn't really high since it stays at 1 hp/round.
Maybe there are some other ways to obtain fast healing or something similar?
Maybe you can find some options in the SurrealDex assuming 339 is up and running...

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:34:12 AM »
Maybe going into a ToB class after those levels?  Warblade synergizes well with fighter, while Swordsage gets you lots of control and movement options, and crusader is always solid.

Also, be sure to check out the 2 PrC's in Dungeonscape for your next characters - they are both quite cool =)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »
If you pick up Toughness and Troll-Blooded at level 1 with your flaws you'll be nigh unkillable except for fire and acid, although the regeneration rate isn't really high since it stays at 1 hp/round.
Maybe there are some other ways to obtain fast healing or something similar?
Maybe you can find some options in the SurrealDex assuming 339 is up and running...

There is, but it takes a 5 level dip and loses 2 points of BAB. Not to mention some very shity Psionic Power options. But hey, FH is FH.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »
If you can get into Warhulk, that's always fun.

JaronK

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:02:48 PM »
That's all in the future, thought, except for the troll-blooded thing. I don't even know what to do right now. (level 12) Are there any staple items for this?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 05:17:09 AM by MFLABIAS »
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

Rymosrac

• Curious George
  • You were expecting?
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »
I'm currently playing one of these. Difference is that I've avoided grabbing the (utterly awesome) one level dip into barbarian for pounce + whirling frenzy since this game is really just a level 2 on the optimization scale. I've instead substituted a houseruled template giving powerful build, +2 STR, +2 CON for +1 LA - which then opens doors into the knockback feat.

I'm going to second warblade for filling out the later levels. ToB does wonders for melee fighter versatility.
Shh. My common sense is tingling. . .

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »
Mmh, speaking of ToB, Crusader might help somewhat with in-combat healing, and it's a great class regardless :)

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
    • Facebook
I edited the original post. Some things have changed, some things haven't. Sorry to rez a dead thread, but I really want help on this. I have 88,000g to spend and two more feats to use. I looked at Life Drinker (DMG) and thought it was funny. I don't believe that fast healing or regeneration work with Warforged, which was what some of these posts were suggesting. I do, however, think that it will work NOW that I'm an Incarnate Construct and the Warforged Special Qualities were removed, and the Warforged Juggernaut Healing Immunity works differently. But I don't think it's very good, at least not if I can use the Craft skill to heal myself every round outside of combat.

Also, on page 270 of the Eberron Campaign Setting, what does it mean by "status effect" on the table of Docent Powers?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:07:56 AM by MFLABIAS »
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
You've taken the power attack feat twice, and there's no Lion Totem Barbarian.

Also, Mineral Warrior and Half-Minotaur are inherited templates, and thus must be applied before the acquired template that is Incarnate Construct.

That means your base creature will not work.

If it was house-ruled in, however, the large size boost from Half-Minotaur would let you get into Warhulk for awesomeness.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
You've taken the power attack feat twice, and there's no Lion Totem Barbarian.
There is: Complete Champion p46: "Lion Totem: Regal and intimidating, the powerful lion is a symbol of nobility among the races of the wild. By selecting him as your spiritual totem, you gain the pounce ability
(MM 313)."

Also, Mineral Warrior and Half-Minotaur are inherited templates, and thus must be applied before the acquired template that is Incarnate Construct.
Are you sure? can't these templates be inhereted after the acquired template? never seen this reasoning before...
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
There is: Complete Champion p46: "Lion Totem: Regal and intimidating, the powerful lion is a symbol of nobility among the races of the wild. By selecting him as your spiritual totem, you gain the pounce ability
(MM 313)."
He meant that it wasn't in the build, not that it didn't exist.

Are you sure? can't these templates be inhereted after the acquired template? never seen this reasoning before...
Yes he is sure. No they can't. Inherited templates must be placed on a creature before acquired templates. It's one of the rules involved with stacking templates.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
    • Facebook
If it was house-ruled in, however, the large size boost from Half-Minotaur would let you get into Warhulk for awesomeness.

I'm not really that into boosting STR. Honestly, if I actually play this, I will have slightly lower stength, because I don't want to over-do it to the point where my party notices that it takes all of them attacking/casting to do the same amount of damage I deal in a round.

Yes he is sure. No they can't. Inherited templates must be placed on a creature before acquired templates. It's one of the rules involved with stacking templates.

Damn me and my stupid logic. I was thinking a Mineral Warrior Minotaur and an Incarnate Construct Warforged (that sprouted a penis after losing its, now his, contructivenessss) got together, their parts worked out, and they made this thing. So Incarnate Construct is an acquired template and stops with the creature that acquired it and CANNOT be passed on genetically? I was honestly just trying to get into using the Knockback feat while still being a Warforged because I like the Juggernaut class abilities. This was the first way I noticed that I could become large:
Warforged -> Incarnate Construct -> Half-Minotaur = Large Warforged
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 08:49:53 PM by MFLABIAS »
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
If you can talk your DM into it, my suggestion would be to allow the Maug (Fiend Folio) to qualify for Warforged Juggernaut. An Incarnate Maug would get some mean stat bonuses at the cost of 2 racial giant HD and a +1 LA (which can be bought off).
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
Half minotaur warforged?  How does that work?

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
    • Facebook
It doesn't unless you can make the warforged stop being a construct, which was what the Incarnate Construct template from Savage Species was doing for this build. But, I've traded high hopes for a cool PC in for expanded knowledge and now know that it doesn't work and why. Thanks, by the way, aftercrescent.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Warforged Charger (MM3) would get the Large Warforged bit down, although the cost may be too steep.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
    • Facebook
Oops.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:54:45 AM by MFLABIAS »
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Re: Whoa, nevermind.
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »
@ sinfire

I'd never given Sang a good look. Ouch. Pick only the powers on it's list. Lemme say ouch again.
A recharge setup + empathic transfer makes this whole class unnecessary.
So, playing it in a non recharge game ... I could see the powers selection being the equivalent of the 6 different Psion subclasses. Maybe deep down, that's what was intended. Down 2 feats and a full ML, but getting stuff in return, is OK.
Same thing, but with the restricted power selection, is like Metamind-y; and that's not good at all.

tangent - I clicked your link, and I got a screen style I'd never seen before. Are they ~archiving wizards.com stuff too ??

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Whoa, nevermind.
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 01:17:47 PM »
@ sinfire

I'd never given Sang a good look. Ouch. Pick only the powers on it's list. Lemme say ouch again.
A recharge setup + empathic transfer makes this whole class unnecessary.
So, playing it in a non recharge game ... I could see the powers selection being the equivalent of the 6 different Psion subclasses. Maybe deep down, that's what was intended. Down 2 feats and a full ML, but getting stuff in return, is OK.
Same thing, but with the restricted power selection, is like Metamind-y; and that's not good at all.

tangent - I clicked your link, and I got a screen style I'd never seen before. Are they ~archiving wizards.com stuff too ??

Which is why the class isn't good IMO, but if you really need the FH, it may be worth becoming the party's Psionic Healer for 5 levels. It doesn't stop EK, which is nice, but you are correct about the power restrictions being a nightmare.

[spoiler][/spoiler]