Author Topic: Dead Earth: The Beginning  (Read 38265 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth: The Beginning
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »
[spoiler]Hudson you know that a flamethrower consists of a pressurized backpack containing fuel, connected to a tube with a nozzle. It shoots a 5-foot-wide, 30-foot-long line of flame that can deal fire damage to all creatures and objects in its path. A flamethrower can shoot 10 times before the fuel supply is depleted. You know that you can shoot the pack on his back but it's made of strong material and could be difficult to hit.[/spoiler]

Hudson fires both guns again. As before one misses but the other does not. The round slams in the rib cage of the biker and he goes down off the bike. Tigraine gives Hudson an appraising look.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

maggieloo72

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2011, 06:42:23 PM »
Lily's head jerks to look at Chuck, a look mixed with shock, disbelief, and--fear? "That's Doleo. I thought I'd shot him..." Her mind races, thinking of her wound and the fact that this man would be in complete ecstasy if he could kill her. "Let's get out there before he blows us up." She moves to get outside to R-7 behind the reinforcement. She shouts out, "I don't have time for this, Gerald!" He always hated being called that. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to provoke a man with a flamethrower, but, Hell, they'd been through a lot and he's not the kind to be diplomatic anyway. "You're going to pay for what you've done here!"

Only 9 HP!
AC: 19+2 cover
Action Points: 10
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:13:50 PM by maggieloo72 »

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
Doleo steps forward, cackling madly, and fires the flame thrower. A large jet spray of fire emerges from the tube and douses the barrier that Hudson and Tigraine were attempting to hide behind. Fire engulfs the area. Tigraine screams and huddles down, avoiding some of the flames but still taking damage and catching on fire. He curses loudly as his clothes burn.

[spoiler] Hudson you must make a reflex save like Tigraine to take only half damage. You get a +1 to your reflex save for the cover. Either way you are on fire and will take 1d6 fire damage each round on your turn unless you use a full round action or a move action with a fire extinguisher.

[/spoiler]

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »
[spoiler]reflex save-1d20+7=27
WHHAAT! do i have to take damage??[/spoiler]
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

Gnomeo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2011, 03:47:56 AM »
Chuck hustles out to join the fight in front of the police station.  He grits his teeth in frustration as he is unable to help the director or the cop who took a grenade earlier.  He stops dead in his tracks for a split second when he finally sees Doleo and his flamethrower.  He finds himself shocked that a large city like this can become something from a Mad Max movie almost overnight.  All it takes is a few monsters and a few more raving lunatics.

As he presses forward, Chuck sets his SCBA mask for use and switches on the oxygen.  The cool air always felt good on his face, even when his surroundings were scorching.  He readies himself for his next task.  Things are about to get hot.

Actions
[spoiler]Double Move to O9
Activate SCBA (I figure this is like drawing a weapon, he does it while moving)[/spoiler]
Status
[spoiler]HP: 22 (bitten)
AC: 15 + cover
Action Points: 7[/spoiler]
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2011, 12:49:42 AM »
Hudson yells and throws himself flat on his stomach behind the barrier. All around him he can feel the intense heat of fire nearly searing his flesh and the pain soaked cries of Tigraine next to him fill his ears. As the flames dissipate around him he realizes that he has escaped hell by a hair. Poor Tigraine next to him, however, rolls on the ground yelling as he tries to put the flames out on himself.[spoiler]Congrats on your Miraculous 20 for Reflex Save. You take no damage.[/spoiler]

Chuck and Lily both hustle as they attempt to join the battle. Lily makes it outside before Chuck and as soon as she appears Doleo screams in glee and begins to roar her name. His eyes burn with hatred and fix in on Lily as if nothing else exists, as if there is not a battle raging around him. "The girl is mine", he yells hoarsely and the bikers nod as they dash off to join the battle.

The biker to the north continues to fire at the cop below him. (T-5). Again he hits the cop, this time in the chest causing him to go down hard. The biker gives a might warcry as he turns his eyes to the other cop ahead.

The large, muscled biker that was standing on one side of Doleo has sprinted at an alarming rate towards Tigraine and Hudson. As the poor Tigraine writhes in pain as he burns the biker comes to stand above him, his broad sword in hand. "I'll put you out your misery", the biker says with a gap toothed smile and slams the blade into Tigraine's back. Tigraine screams in pure pain as the blade is driven into his back then his eyes look over to Hudson. Although his flesh is burning and a sword is through his back his words are spoken clear and calmly. "The civilians...protect them", he says as he dies, his hand outstretched towards Hudson with his last words. The biker looks over to Hudson and points a finger at him. "Don't worry. You're next buddy".

The other biker Doleo employed as a body guard runs off towards the north to join his brethren in battle. He carries his large shot gun in hand.

The cops return fire as they watch their one of their fellows and their leader die. "What are we going to do"? One screams in fear. "Keep fighting". The other yells back as they see Lily join the fray. One of the cops fire at the biker who killed his fellow and he strikes the biker in the ribs. The biker grunts and sways on his bike, but miraculously stays on, although he looks as if he may fall off at any moment.

The cop to the bottom crouches low and begins running forward. He looks as if he plans to try and flank Doleo.

[spoiler]Return to the top of the Initiative Order.

[/spoiler]

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
Hudson scrambles to his feet and retreats from the brute standing in front of him.
Action
[spoiler]run to (U,13)[/spoiler]
Status
[spoiler]HP-20
AC-22+cover
AP-10[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:12:39 PM by shallowesoul »
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2011, 03:40:37 AM »
[spoiler]Lily your up. Followed by your arch nemesis and then Chuck, followed by the raiders and police. Smart move withdrawing from combat Hudson. It's better to live to fight another round sometimes.

[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »
Lily peeks around her barrier, leaning into S-8 to fire at Doleo. He's a bit far away, but she forces her nerves to calm and focus on the shot. In her mind, she recalls the Western movies she'd watched with her father and Director Reagan in which the new sheriff faces down the bad guys. You're not gettin' away this time.
[spoiler]Hit: (1d20+5=14)
Damage: 2d8+4=11[/spoiler]

Status
9 HP
AC: 19+2 cover
Action Points: 10

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2011, 11:49:40 PM »
Lily tries hard and fires at Doleo but the bullet misses, whizzing through the air above her enemy. Upon this the bandage wrapped man simply roars with a hideous laughter, one soaked with insanity, and begins trudging closer towards her with the heavy equipment. He had never been a strong man. Suddenly he begins jeering.

"Liiiiiillly...I'm coming for you! Ah ha ha ha ha"!!!! Doleo stops some thirty feet ahead of her but does not fire the flamethrower. Instead he pulls out a syringe and stabs it into his shoulder and pushes the plunger down with his thumb. "Ahhhhhhh", he moans in ecstasy. "Try and stop me now Lily"! He roars with another mad laugh to follow. From past experience Lily knows the man was a drug user and quite possibly just injected himself with PCP or something of the sort.

[spoiler] Sir Chuck, you are up.

[/spoiler]

Gnomeo

« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2011, 05:10:39 PM »
Chuck heads out to join his comrades, overriding his gut instinct to get the people inside the building to safety.  <In order to keep them safe,> he thought, <we need to put these crazy bastards down.  Starting with the laughing mummy over there.>  He moves out to the first barricade, knowing that standing behind it won't provide much protection, but figuring that it's better than nothing.  He adjusts his grip on the axe in his hands, preparing himself for his next move.

Actions
[spoiler]Move to T-9.
Ready an action to attack (with full Power Attack) the first lunatic that comes within reach.

Readied Attack (Power Attack -3/+3) (1d20+4=22, 1d8+9=12)[/spoiler]
Status
Action Points: 7[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2011, 02:00:28 AM »
As Chuck runs to the barricade with his axe the sword wielding biker's eyes light up. "This one's mine", he yells and practically sprints toward Chuck. As he reaches him however Chuck immediately lashes out with the axe...and with a ferocity. The axe strikes the biker across the chest, leaving a ragged gash that cut pretty deep. The biker stumbles back and begins to sway. Chuck is sure he's going down but somehow... miraculously the biker stays on his feet and with a shake of his head focuses himself. "You got to be shitting me", Chuck mutters. As a man with some medical experience he determines that any man should have went down from that blow.

The biker shakes his head and focuses on Chuck. "You fuck", he screams in pure rage. Perhaps it's rage that's keeping him on his feet. He swings his large sword at Chuck.

For a second everything is in slow motion. The sword whizzes by Chuck's face so close he can feel the wind off of it. He can see the blade and every detail of it. Then the sword is gone and he steps back undecidedly, touching his face to make sure he was not hit after all.

[spoiler]Ha ha he barely made his fortitude save and then he missed your AC by 1. The Gods of Combat are smiling on you too.[/spoiler]

The very injured biker to the north, the surviving one who killed one of the cops suddenly revs up his bike's powerful engine and drives further away, closer to Doleo.

The biker with the huge boom stick runs full speed on foot and comes to a stop beside the north cop. Without delay he fires his huge shotgun, which is deafening. Amazingly the cop manages to move at the last second and only catches the majority of the scattershot in his leg. The cop cries out in pain as the biker grins menacingly. "Next shot you won't get so lucky", the biker roars.

The cop fights back, side stepping to the other side of the barrier and firing his pistol in return but the bullet misses...no...it grazed the biker's head! The biker puts a hand to the side of his head and pulls it away, revealing blood. There is hate in his eyes now, bad things in his eyes. He says nothing, instead focusing, but his silence says it all.

The southern cop runs up near the destroyed barrier and fires at Doleo. Hudson watches him with wide eyes. The man would have made a great soldier with his sort of bravery. However he misses, the bullet whizzing over head and Doleo turns his head to see the cop. Hudson wonders if the man will live to fire a second.

The cop inside hears the sounds of battle outside and groans as he feels another twang of pain fire up and down through his body. He begins to nod off...then pulls his head up. If they failed outside he would be the only one left to defend the citizens. He had to keep living...

[spoiler]After typing in that last ellipsis I hit the post button and the screen went to connection problem and after I tried reloading and it failed I was sure I lost my post just like last time. I cursed. I screamed. I went into a pure rage that put fear in people's hearts. Then after hitting this tasty ass weed and taking a shot I reloaded the screen...to see my post was here. I promptly played this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agSju22wtpQ&feature=fvst   and danced around the room screaming there is a God lol.

Back to the top of the Initiative Order. Whoo, what a battle... you guys might be leveling up afterwards...if you survive.

[/spoiler]

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2011, 09:31:11 PM »
Hudson looks at the large brute that Chuck slashed and fires both pistols at the man.
Actions
[spoiler]fire at (U,8)
attack(main)-1d20+7=21
attack(off)-1d20+7=26
damage(main)-2d6+5=15
damage(off)-2d6+5=11[/spoiler]
Status
[spoiler]HP-20
AC-22
AP-10[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2011, 04:06:17 AM »
[spoiler]Fantastic! Amazing rolls Nathan! And thanks to your Precise Shot feat...[/spoiler]

Hudson turns to the enemy Chuck has been fighting. Chuck looks to be handling things quite well. In fact Hudson is not too worried at all, he has put trust in the fireman, so far Chuck had shown the potential to handle himself. But instincts take over. You assist a comrade, that's the way things go in war. You watch his back, he watches yours. Hudson uses his training to full advantage and fires both pistols at once, concentrating with the precision of a war trained soldier. Both guns fire off, John Woo style, and both bullets find their target even over the barrier.

The biker who was so sure a minute ago could take Chuck in melee had changed his mind...now he had no conscious thoughts at all. Chuck had begun death and Hudson had finished it. Hudson's bullet's rip into the man. One bullet found it's place near in the mans chest, close to the heart, the other hit the man in the dead center of his forehead. The biker fell dead, the sword clanging against the asphalt and Chuck looked back to see Hudson, guns raised in the air. Hudson nodded once but the message was clear. Got your back.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2011, 04:32:07 PM »
Oh, great, Lily thinks. "The higher you get, the harder you'll fall, Gerald. Those drugs won't stop the bullets." Lily aims her Desert Eagle once more and fires with renewed vigor at her enemy.
[spoiler]To Hit: 1d20+7=15 ((Add action point)) +2= 17
Damage: 2d8+4=7 OH MY FUCK.
[/spoiler]

Status
HP: 9
AC: 19
AP: 9

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2011, 01:27:01 AM »
Lily's bullet slices through the air and through Doleo's shoulder. The man cries out in pain, a ragged sound, and his bandages fall away from his shoulder revealing burnt, scarred flesh.

He lumbers forward and points the flamethrower towards Lily. "Finally, after all the pain you've caused me...you die"! A spout of flame erupts from the nozzle and leaps towards her.

[spoiler]Reflex Saving throw Lily. The cover should add some bonus to it, check the table. Good luck girl. Chuck, you're up buddy.

[/spoiler]

Gnomeo

« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2011, 04:38:58 PM »
Seeing the blast from the flamethrower engulf Lily and continue to the station building, Chuck's eyes narrow.  <This maniac is just here to watch everything burn.  That.  Stops.  Now.>  His whole life Chuck has been keeping others safe from the flames that have scarred his face.  Now is no different.

Chuck steps out from the barricade and walks toward Doleo; calmly and with purpose.  The noises of the firefight are lost to him, as his focus has drowned out all but his singular intent.  As he approaches Doleo, Chuck lifts his axe over his head with both hands and brings it down with all the force he can muster...onto the flamethrower's fuel tank.

Actions
[spoiler]Move to W-8.
Sunder the flamethrower's fuel tank. In summary, 26 to hit, 34 damage, and ignore 2 points of hardness.
Full detail
[spoiler]Full Power Attack (-3/+3)
Since Chuck has the Sunder feat, the attack does not draw an attack of opportunity.
Sunder Attack: Sunder (1d20+8=26)  This includes the +4 to hit from the Sunder feat.
Sunder Damage: Sunder Damage (1d8+9=17) x2 thanks to the Sunder feat makes this 34.
Chuck has the Ignore Hardness talent, which allows him to ignore 2 points of hardness when damaging objects.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Status
Action Points: 7
Probably on fire, reduced by however much his turnout gear protects him from.[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2011, 01:20:37 AM »
[spoiler]Reflex: 1d20+6=21 I'm alive?![/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2011, 03:22:16 AM »
Lily watches the fire spout out from the flame thrower and suddenly she sees nothing. Then she sees herself as a child, playing with her toys. She sees herself older, learning to play chess with her father and solving random riddles and puzzles he would leave around the house for her, then she see herself graduating the police academy and even when she quit later on to work free lance....then the reel ends. Is that it?

No! Lily screams in her mind and jumps through the air to somersault away. She feels a searing pain as fire catches her side and burns through her clothing and into her side. She lifts her head as she lands to the ground and screams in pain...but she is alive. [spoiler]Lily takes six hit points worth of damage! She is now on fire and will take 1d6 of fire damage each round unless she or a comrade puts the fire out. Good luck Lily, if you survive you'll be stronger for the effort.[/spoiler]

Chuck's anger comes down full force with his axe. Doleo screeches as he realizes that someone had approached him. He had been too focused on Lily. Now he had to pay the price of that obsession. His fire tank explodes on his back, entirely engulfing him in flames. "Oh no", he sobs loudly, his hoarse voice soaked in anguish. "Not again! Please no...NOT AGAAAAAIIIN"! He screams as he falls to the ground and lays there burning.

Chuck shields his eyes as the fire tank explodes in front of him. [spoiler]According to the rules Gnomeo you get a reflex save. Your turn out gear is highly resistant to heat which makes you ignore fifty percent direct fire damage and makes you unable to catch on fire.[/spoiler]

The biker who was behind Doleo watches as the boss is engulfed in flames and dies. He looks around and sees the odds are not going in his favor, not to mention he is so injured he can barely hold on to the bike. "Fuck this", he mumbles. With a grunt he revs up the bike and spins around to drive away. "Not worth dying for", he says as he drives off, hoping his injuries don't cause him to crash and die anyways.

The other raider with the large shotgun is so focused on killing the cop in front of him he doesn't even see anything else. He lifts the shotgun and fires over the barrier. Scattershot rips off the entire top head of the cop and he falls dead, brain matter and blood pouring from his crown. The biker whoops and then looks around, suddenly noticing he is alone.

The last cop, seeing his only other fellow die, roars in anger and runs north to fire at the biker with his pistol. "God damn you mother fucking son's of bitches", he yells and fires. The bullet slashes across the biker's thigh and he roars but stays on his feet. The biker looks around frantically and cocks his shotgun for another round. "You'll never catch me alive! Never"!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Gnomeo

« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
[spoiler]Reflex save (1d20+1=9)
Plus an action point: Action Point (1d6=6)
Total = 15[/spoiler]