Author Topic: Dead Earth: The Beginning  (Read 38274 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth: The Beginning
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2011, 03:33:59 AM »
Unfortunately for the party you are all caught surprised as a sneaky creature emerges from the corner of the building nearby.

Suddenly Lily is struck from behind by a powerful force very violently, she momentarily moves forward from the impact almost running into Chuck before she is whiplashed back, slamming onto the ground and feeling herself being dragged through the dirt. From her view upside down she sees this:

Lily screams in horror and pain as she feels sharp spines in her ribs and arms. She realizes the creature has wrapped it's thorny tongue around her torso and is now dragging her towards it's large, sharp teeth filled mouth. The spines have done their maximum damage for 7 points. Unless Lily can untangle herself with an opposed grapple check or a friend can help her, she is unable to move, and is moving five feet every round towards the creature.

[spoiler]Sorry Lily. InvisibleCastle rolled high tonight. The surprise round is over, so everyone roll initiative now. The only person with their weapon currently drawn is Lily, and she can not use it for the moment.[/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

shallowesoul

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2011, 11:04:49 PM »
[spoiler]initiative-1d20+4=21[/spoiler]
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »
"Aaaah!" Lily screams, and says with pleading eyes, "Help me!"
[spoiler]Initiative: 1d20+7=11
[spoiler]Fuck.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Gnomeo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2011, 03:36:14 AM »
[spoiler]Initiative (1d20=3)[/spoiler]

Status
[spoiler]HP: 22 (bitten)
AC: 15
Action Points: 7[/spoiler]
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »
[spoiler]The initiative order is as follows:

21: Hudson

11: Lily

9: Creaper

3: Chuck

Good luck.
[/spoiler]

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »
Hudson quickly pulls out his dual pistols and shoots the beast with his main pistol.
[spoiler]attack-1d20+6=8(+1 for point blank)
damage(blah...)-2d6+5=14[/spoiler]
Status
[spoiler]AC:22
Health:20[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:13:20 PM by shallowesoul »
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2011, 07:39:21 PM »
Hudson draws too fast, not taking the time to steady his hand before aiming. The bullet flies madly wild, going over the head of the beast and hitting the building nearby it.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2011, 06:10:35 PM »
Lily shuts her eyes and jerks her head away from the sound of the bullet, too close for comfort. She writhes in the grip of the wretched creaper's tongue, trying her best to get away. Again, she looks back to Chuck and Hudson. "I need help to get out!"
[spoiler]Grapple check: ESCAPE THE TONGUE OF DEATH! (1d20+2=17)
[/spoiler]

Status
[spoiler]HP: 9 :(
AC: 16[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
...oh dear. Somehow, amazingly, Lily grabs at the tongue wrapped around her and desperately rips it off in an adrenaline surged attempt. She pries the tongue off and slips away. The spiked appendage immediately slithers back into the monster's mouth with disturbing speed.

Suddenly the Creaper up and jumps onto the building next to it. Sticking to the walls easily he rears it's head and bares it's teeth at the players, the clicking noise so loud it hurts the party's ears as it emerges from the monster's mouth.

Gnomeo

« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
Chuck readies his axe as he moves between the creature and Lily.  He prepares to strike in case it comes within reach.

Actions
[spoiler]Move action to ready his axe while moving to j-10 (as long as the movement won't provoke an attack of opportunity, otherwise 5' step to j-11).
Standard action to ready an attack to hit the creature if it gets close enough.

Readied Attack (1d20+7=16)
Readied Damage (1d8+6=9)
[/spoiler]
Status

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2011, 02:13:06 PM »
Hudson takes aim on the creature with both weapons and fires hoping that he can hit it this time.

[spoiler]attack(main)-1d20+6=17(+1 for point blank. maybe?)
attack(off)-1d20+2=9(+1 for point blank. maybe?)
damage(main)-2d6+4=14
damage(off)-2d6+4=14[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:12:35 PM by shallowesoul »

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2011, 06:45:39 AM »
[spoiler]For close combat maybe? Lol you were fucking high when you wrote that. You know that Close Combat Shot: At 1st level, a Gunslinger gains the ability to make a ranged attack with a Medium-size or smaller firearm while in a threatened area without provoking an attack of opportunity. But great damage roll on your main though, remember to tick off your ammo for each shot, in your total and in your clip.[/spoiler]

One of Hudson's bullets fly wild, but the other hits the monster hanging on the wall in what could be called it's collar, near the neck. The creature makes a new noise, a horrible screeching sound akin to the Infected's cries but louder and more hideous. It's obvious that Hudson has injured the creature to some degree yet the abomination still remains clinging to the wall, baring it's massive jaws at the party.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2011, 12:36:09 AM »
Weapon still drawn, Lily steps backward, closer to Chuck and the firetruck (H-12). She lifts the Desert Eagle, aims, and fires at the horrid creature. "Ah, stop that noise!"
[spoiler]Hit:    (1d20+7=22)
Damage:kill! (2d8+4=9) fuuuuck.[/spoiler]
Status
[spoiler]HP: 9
AC: 16[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »
Lily's bullet finds it's target near the creature's neck, opposite side of the area that Hudson struck. The creature screeches again and stumbles against the wall, still clinging and walking to it as a creature would walk on the ground amazingly. From this second wound black blood flows down it's chest. The eyeless gaze shoots over to the source of the gunshot.

The monstrosity screeches once more, a battle cry perhaps, at the party and from it's open maw the thorny tongue flies again. This time towards Chuck, or Lily, either way Chuck stands in the way and he stands ready. Although surprised by the sudden velocity of the monster's tongue Chuck swings his axe to defend himself. Everything was moving too fast for him to keep up with but when he looked he saw the monster no longer on the wall but lying on the ground, violently thrashing. It bleeds more black goo profusely from it's wounded tongue and and the wounds created by Hudson and Lily. After a minute or so, the creature lies still, as if dead. Half of the tongue lies near foot, twitching.

[spoiler]You are no longer bound by the order of initiative.[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:49 AM »
"Ugh, that thing is disgusting. Think we should chop off the tongue for good measure? I sure as hell didn't like the feel of that thing wrapped around me."
Lily scans the area again, hoping that no other creatures are nearby. She then examines the damage done to her torso and arms (and damn it it, this was a new jacket!) and asks Chuck, "Is there anymore alcohol I can pour over these wounds?"
[spoiler]Spot:1d20+8=27
Listen: 1d20+10=15[/spoiler]

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »
"alright I guess now would be a good time for me to disarm this bomb. so then we can get out of here before more of those things show up." Hudson continues his work hastily opening the box and attempts to disarm the device.
[spoiler]demolitions-1d20+10=29[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2011, 05:19:55 AM »
Lily looks around. As far as she can tell the coast is clear for the moment. She hears wild gunfire not far off to the east but hears nothing else threatening in the vicinity.

Hudson hastily disarms the bomb with relative ease. It appears the truck is now safe to drive.

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »
"alright I got the bomb disarmed. I think now would be a good time to get the hell out of here." Hudson does a quick scan under the hood of the truck to make sure there weren't any backup measures to make the bomb go off before he closes the hood.
[spoiler]search-1d20+3=8ugh...[/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2011, 02:22:47 AM »
Hudson takes a quick glance to see if there is anything else hazardous but doesn't see anything off-hand.

Gnomeo

« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2011, 03:21:58 AM »
"First things first: Make sure the dead things don't move again."  Chuck raises his axe over his head with both hands and attempts to take the creature's head off as if chopping lumber for the fire.

He then pulls out the medical kit and uses some of the alcohol to prevent infection.  "I don't know if that thing's tongue works like the bites we've seen so far, so I'll treat this as serious just to be on the safe side."

Actions
[spoiler]Attempt to behead the tongue beast (Power Attack for +3): Behead It (1d8+9=13)
If it can be crit: Coup de Gras makes it a crit (x2) so add: Coup de Gras (1d8+9=14) for a total damage of 27

Treat Injury check on Lily to treat disease: Take 10 for a check result of 22 (success vs. DC 15).  Gives Lily a +7 bonus on a Fort save vs. disease (if necessary)[/spoiler]
Status