Author Topic: Dead Earth: The Beginning  (Read 38273 times)

shallowesoul

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • *maniacal laugh*
Re: Dead Earth: The Beginning
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2011, 04:13:41 AM »
Hudson hastily secures a clip of ammunition on the AK-47 and grabs 2 extra clips; after sliding the strap of the AK-47 on his shoulder. he then shuts and locks the safe to secure the other weapons inside. while getting prepared Hudson grabs a small pack that he had behind the counter puts the ammunition in it and slings it onto his back. "whats going on you see something out there Lily?" Hudson asked as he walked up to the others.

[spoiler]spot see (if anythings outside):1d20+4=11[/spoiler]
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »
"Yeah, something bad to break to you... There was a man outside messing under the fire truck... and I think it's one that I had locked up. But the P.D. told me he escaped yesterday." She looks from Chuck to Hudson and says, "I don't know how he got here or how he knew I'm here, but he's crazed. Killed fifteen women and children, each. Drew symbols in their blood. A real sick fuck. He can't be wandering these already-wretched streets. What do you think is our best plan of action here?"

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2011, 10:48:41 PM »
"i say we just kill the bastard." Hudson clenches his newfound artillery and looks Lily in the eye's seriously. "and i dont think it should be a quick shot to the head...he should have to suffer for the people he has killed. also i find it disturbing that he wasn't just put down to begin with; what could he possibly learn from being put in prison for what he has done?" Hudson looks out into the darkness eyes shifting, looking for shadows of movement.

[spoiler]spot-1d20+4=8[/spoiler]
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2011, 01:46:27 AM »
"I like your plan, Hudson. He does deserve to be punished, but it'd probably be better to get it over with. We have bigger things to worry about. This guy isn't worth the trouble. I only wish I had something a little more heavy-duty to end him with. That AK's a bit more than your store should be carrying, isn't it Hudson?" She looks at him with knowing, but not judgmental, eyes.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
Hudson see's nothing as he looks out the window. Could Lily be hallucinating from anxiety? She seems like a pretty solid person. He turned to her to see the small, wry smile after her comment.
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
"it may be a bit more than what i should have but hey, i dont think that really matters at the moment. besides i thought you would be a bit happy to see something with more kick to it than just a standard pistol." Hudson speaks jokingly trying to make it look as tho its a good thing he has his extra artillery. " and i'm sorry, but the only thing left back there isn't really your type of weaponry. unless of course you've been trained with automatic weapons to be more efficient."

Gnomeo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2011, 11:31:13 PM »
Chuck walks over to the window and cautiously peers out, looking around the fire truck for signs of infected and this criminal Lily described.

[spoiler]Actions
Move to the window
Check for trouble: Spot (1d20+5=24)

Status
HP: 16 (bitten)
AC: 15
Action Points: 8[/spoiler]
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
As Hudson defends himself from Lily's wry comment Chuck moves over to the window to take a look outside himself. His arm burns where he was bitten and he feels a bit feverish himself. He tries to shrug off the pain but it is difficult as the pain is accompanied by fatigue. Long day and hardly any sleep, surely the sun would be rising in some odd hours.

Outside he sees several infected shambling about. He knows by now that unsteady gait is bullshit, one too loud sound and they would become alert and deft in their steps. Chuck doesn't see anyone else. Maybe Lily is just really tired too. "I don't see anything". Chuck says pulling away from the window.

Suddenly Lee jumps to his feet and approaches the party. He pulls ear phones off of his head. "Boss, I just heard on my hand held that there is an evacuation point. We can leave the quarantine if we pass through it. It's on 1-25, below Cheyenne in Wyoming, where ever that is". He shoots a glare at the other party members. "We could probably move quicker if it were just you and me boss".

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2011, 12:01:41 AM »
Lily moves quickly back to the window to look outside again. "How can you not see him? He was right there..." She trails off. "Well... he was... I'm sorry. I guess it has been a long night. I only found out he escaped right before I got on the bus." Lily looks around the room, obviously embarrassed.
After hearing Lee's announcement, Lily looks to Hudson. "Well, are you going? It's not that far by car, but we only have the firetruck right now and I don't know if it's a good idea that we separate."

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2011, 02:36:57 AM »
Hudson looks at Lee as if disappointed in his decision to leave the others and says. "I think Lily is right if we have any chance of doing anything we would have to stay together." Hudson then paces around for a moment thinking. "Lee. if you dont trust my decisions i don't think that you should stay. i appreciate that you held my shop together in the midst of chaos. and in return you can stay as long as you like, and ill let you take some equipment with you so you can keep yourself alive out there. but... if you don't trust me you shouldn't be here."

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2011, 03:28:58 AM »
At Hudson's words Lee looks struck, as if hit by an actual fist. "Well", he begins..."I just thought it was smart. Two old vets sticking together. But if you'd rather protect these fools and slow us down well then I can move faster without you". He moves about the store grabbing various gear and getting more worked up as he does. "Yeah. Fuck you. I don't need you guys. I don't need anybody. I'm getting my daughter and I'm going north. Fuck this and fuck you". He knocks over an entire shelving worth of products, creating quite a large amount of noise it seems after all the whispering and quiet movements to hide their position. He grabs a rifle off the wall, stuffing ammo in his pockets as he goes. "I'm out of here", he says looking at Hudson. "Thanks for the gear. Maybe we'll meet on the road". He looks at the other party members and suddenly his eyes are on fire again. "If my daughter's... gone I'll be back. And I'll free you from the curse these people have put over you". He hefts the rifle in his hands as if that's the answer to all solutions. "Then it'd be just you and me boss. Just like always, you and me just running the store". He smiles broadly, a manic smile. "Just like old times", he mutters as he walks out the store by the front door.

Several seconds later several gunshots are heard nearby and then some whooping as if a cowboy was riding a bull. A minute later the gun shots are more faint and the whooping is gone...until everything fades to silence again.

The party all look at each other, eyes wide in amazement but tiredness tearing at the corners of them. It's been one hell of a 24 hours. Wounded, tired, and nearing hunger again they wonder how they will ever make it out of here alive and if things will ever be the same. Besides the infected... and that other creature, now they had to deal with the insanities of men. <Was Doleo really out there messing with the truck?>, Lily wonders herself, <or do I just need sleep and less stress?>.

Chuck feels at his forehead. It feels as if it's getting hotter. He thinks that soon he may have to fight off those dizzy feelings again. He's thinking maybe it's a good thing Lee has left because he's starting to feel quite weak.

Gnomeo

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2011, 03:53:53 PM »
Chuck pulls out the medical kit and starts to redress his bite wound.  This disease...or whatever it is...is moving quickly through his system.  He hopes he brought enough alcohol to treat it.  As he is working, with medical supplies spread out on the floor among the guns Lee knocked over, he says:

"Lee may be an asshole, but he's got a point.  Heading toward an evacuation point might be a good idea.  I hate the idea of traveling among those things, but staying put may be even worse with the ruckus he just created.  If heading to safety is what you want to do, I can help you get there; but I won't risk leaving quarantine in my...condition.  I'm doing my best to keep the infection under control, but there's no guarantee I won't end up like Bob."

Chuck works in silence for a few moments before continuing: "You may want to keep me off the watch when we rest.  In fact, do you have any restraints Hudson?  Handcuffs or something similar?"

[spoiler]Actions
Treat Injury check to treat disease (DC 15 +5 penalty for treating self = 20): Take 10 +12 skill = 22 (success)
Save vs. disease: Fortitude vs. disease (includes +7 from Treat Injury) (1d20+11=29)

Status

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2011, 11:34:11 PM »
Hudson, slightly startled by Lee's reaction to what he said walks over to the mess that he created. and tries to clean it up reorganizing the shelf so that he can easily find things again. Hudson looks to Chuck and tells him: "i should have some leather straps that we could use around the shop. but are you sure thats what you want to do?"

after a few moments of silence pass Hudson starts to feel his hunger and walks to the back of his shop to grab a MRE from his cupboard. while in the back he ask the others: "either of you hungry? i have some MRE's back here. they may not be the best thing you'l ever eat, but they'l fill you up pretty well."

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2011, 03:09:21 AM »
Outside of the shop the first hints of the rising sun begin to appear on the horizon. The morning slowly approaches and with it the sounds of the city coming to life. Fresh gunfire rings the air and in the distance an emergency air raid siren can be faintly heard. A couple screams are heard and the roar of a powerful engine as a vehicle goes flying down the street nearby.

Chuck loses the old hastily made field dressing and checks the wound. His flesh around the bite is red, inflamed, and obviously infected but the EMT thinks that if the skin were black it would be a much worse sign. Perhaps daddy was right about whiskey. He pours more over the wound and cleans it, the bite was a pretty clean cut actually. He redresses it and wipes at the cold sweat at his forehead. Maybe he could make it through this. Maybe. Chuck turns tired, worn red eyes towards Hudson as the man speaks back to him. He almost feels as if Hudson's talking in slow motion. He shakes his head hard as it trying to regain his senses. Hudson probably notices.

At the mention of food the other party member's stomach's growl. The dinner they ate at the bar already seems like forever ago.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:35:16 PM by ragincajun2288 »

Gnomeo

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »
Chuck turns to Hudson.  Responding to the mutinous cries of his stomach, he says: "I don't know what an MRE is, but if it's edible I'll take two."  He takes his time while speaking; almost as if it's hard to concentrate.  The fever must be hard to ignore.

After receiving the food, he eats like a prison inmate: quickly and completely.  He probably didn't even taste it.  It's a stark change from the way he ate back at Bob's bar.  When  finished, he closes his eyes to focus and says: "I don't want to hurt anyone; and I need to rest.  Tie me down.  And if I start to turn into one of those things, don't hesitate."

[spoiler]
Status

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
"I'll have one, too, thanks." Lily eats ravenously, watching Chuck with concern. "Alright, we'll watch you while you sleep. Hudson, we can take shifts so we can all get a little rest. Should we try to head out afterward? Toward the evacuation route?"
Lily's mind flashes to Doleo again, fighting the feeling that he had messed with the truck. No, he wasn't really there... right? She shakes it off, deciding that she just needed some sleep.

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »
Hudson watches as the others eat their MRE's while eating his own he speaks: "we can use the leather belts from the holsters to restrain you if thats alright." when finished eating Hudson walks to the area with holsters, and takes the leather belts from a few of them; in order to restrain Chuck while he sleeps.

after helping Chuck settle in his restraints that he requested Hudson walks to Lily and ask: "so should i take that first watch? or would you like it? either way is fine with me, because there were a few things i would like to set up so keeping watch would be easier... and as for the evacuation point. i doubt we could make it that far with our current predicament. so it would be better to set up a safe spot in an area we are more familiar with. rather than traveling through areas we don't know well."

Gnomeo

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2011, 02:21:47 PM »
After Hudson helps with the restraints, Chuck falls asleep almost immediately.  The exhaustion of the events of the day and the infection on his shoulder has taken its toll.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »
"You can have the first watch. Four hours enough, you think?" Lily watches as Chuck was restrained and fell asleep. "Sleep well. May the rest help your condition."
She turns to Hudson and says with effort, "Ok, I've been thinking about this. I know I'm not trained to handle larger weapons yet, but what better time to learn? I think it would be helpful to have a little more fire power on our side. I'm a quick study and I can pay you for it if you like. Whatever worth money has now, I don't know. What do you say?"
[spoiler]Diplomacy check: give me a machine gun!!  :smirk (1d20+3=15)[/spoiler]

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2011, 12:54:35 AM »
Hudson gives off a silent chuckle at Lily's attempt to convince him for a better weapon. "i guess i can let you use the Uzi that i have back there. it isn't much more powerful than a pistol until your better trained with automatics, but i think it would be of use to you. just be careful with the kick. it may not seem like much but its more than what you would be used to."

Hudson walks to the back room opening the safe and grabbing the Uzi from its place as well as a box of ammo and two clips. after locking and checking the locks to be sure that the safe is closed properly, Hudson walks out with the items he just grabbed and hands them to Lily only saying: "just be careful with it you have no idea what i went through to get this."

Uzi stats[spoiler](9mm submachine gun). Damage:2d6+dex. Crit:20. Type: Ballistic. Range:40 ft. S or A. 20 box. Large. 8 lb.[/spoiler]