Author Topic: Dead Earth: The Beginning  (Read 38391 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Dead Earth: The Beginning
« on: December 19, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

Somewhere between the streets of Fort Collins and the Colorado State University, far below in the depths of the underground a corporation hell bent on being the first to create ever lasting life worked tirelessly throughout the night. Great scientists from around the world, the most fantastic minds alive were finishing up on their latest hopeful project's to present to the CEO tomorrow morning.

"Finally", said a man with dark skin and a bushy black beard. He was dressed in a lab coat and wore protective gloves as he looked over his eye glasses at his work. Dr. Garvok used a dropper to drop what he called "free electrons" into a test tube. "Now I shall show the world that by curing the Free Radical Theory aging may be stopped altogether", he said as he lifted the tube into the air as if it were some glorious religious item.

"You really are a fool", a voice said from behind him. He spun to find a woman who was nearly as beautiful as she was brilliant. Luxuriant blonde curls fell around her shoulders. Her legs seemed to go on forever. It drove him mad to no ends that she was constantly looking over his shoulder and berating him with her icy, cold eyes. For god sake he just wanted to choke her with his dick.

"Really Ms. Duncan"? He sneered back, "Pray tell, enlighten me. Have you discovered the answer then? I guess not, or else the Parasol Corporation would have already paid you enough money that you would be sitting on your private island by now, sipping margarita's".

She only smiled coldly in return. "I know the answer lies elsewhere. In genetic manipulation I shall reverse the damage caused by DNA degradation. And I shall do it...tonight". The look he gave her indicated that he thought she was a mad woman. She turned and strode off to her work station and Dr. Garvok followed her curiously.

Dr. Duncan stopped at her work table where an old man wrestled against leather straps on the table. "What is this"? Dr. Garvok demanded. Duncan smiled again as she reached for a syringe, only the smile never touched her eyes.

"You know that the Parasol Corporation has given us these death row convicts to play with", she replied. "Only they are expensive to purchase you know, so don't waste a man on your pathetic theory". It filled her with pleasure to see him grind his teeth. She turned to the prisoner. "Now if this works you DNA will be manipulated. You'll be quite the lucky man! You will not age and mortal wounds should not be as fatal. But oh I can't wait to test that part", she said her eyes seeming to light up as she stared at something far away.

Dr. Garvok changed his mind. She was as insane as she was beautiful. Perhaps she needed to be locked up.

"And now", she said, pausing. "The moment of truth". She stabbed the thick syringe into the grizzled, old man's leg and pushed the plunger. The prisoner cried out and shot her a look filled with murder and hate. He began a long litany of curses directed at her, some Dr. Garvok had never heard in his life when suddenly the convict began gasping very hard. They both took a step back and looked at her each other as he began seizing violently, shaking the whole table.

"Hey good job", the voice off a fellow scientist yelled out in the back ground.

"Shut the fuck up Corgy", Duncan turned and yelled before looking back to the prisoner. "What's going on"? Dr. Duncan said in an exasperated tone. "I didn't foresee any such reaction". Dr. Garvok only wore a very smug, satisfied smile.

The prisoner suddenly went limp, his eyes slowly closed shut.

Dr. Garvok barked a laugh. "Ha! Not only did your method not prevent aging, it flat out killed the son of bitch". He burst out guffawing now.

"I don't understand", Dr. Duncan said as she approached the corpse. "My work was flawless...he can't be dead". She grabbed another syringe and stabbed the man to see if he was faking. He didn't even flinch. She leaned to listen and see if he had a pulse.

As she did the man's eyes flashed open, his pupils blood red. Suddenly his head shot up and he ripped into her neck with his bare teeth. Dr. Duncan's screams echoed in the underground chamber. Scientists came running from everywhere to pull the man off her. She was bleeding pretty bad through the hand she pressed to her neck. She felt weak and although she saw people's mouths opening and closing, she heard no noise from them.

Then she collapsed. She never remembered waking up.

Dr. Garvok ran as fast as he could to the main elevator shaft. Behind him crazed, bloodied men in lab suits ran after him. First the prisoner had bit Dr. Duncan. Then Dr. Duncan had shot to her feet and bit two people before they had restrained her. Some minutes later those men had had seizures as well, then awoke as she did. At this point they deduced they were transmitting some kind of virus. Of what horrible nature he couldn't be sure. But whatever Dr. Duncan had done was most terrifying. For all he knew the crazy bitch made it that way on purpose. The remaining scientists had scattered but several of them had been chased down.

The good Dr. slammed his fist repeatedly on the up button on the elevator and as soon as the doors were wide enough he squeezed through, now punching the close door button. A bloody stained lab coat arm shot through the small opening and groped for Dr. Garvok. He screamed and tried to push it away. It was holding the door open he realized. Soon it would auto open. With a desperate kick that nearly knocked himself over he kicked the arm back out the shaft and the elevator doors closed. He fell back against the wall, gasping for breathe, relieved he had made it away. But into what? He looked down at his arm...his blood stained arm where he had been bitten. Was he going to turn as the others who had been bitten? Would he go mad and blood crazed?

The elevator doors opened to the central office, one of the higher levels where he was trying to find help. A man stood there, froth coming from his mouth, blood on his lab coat. He ran out the door towards the source of noise. He was no longer Dr. Garvok.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:09:44 AM by ragincajun2288 »
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Dead Earth: The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »

It's Tuesday, January the fourth. 4 PM in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Hudson stepped out the restroom and walked into the main section of his store. As usual he paused to appreciate his collection of guns. Everything from handguns to rifles, shotguns and even a couple carbines. Today Lee was behind the counter. Lee was a good man and Hudson knew he could trust him to lock up the store well.

"Lee I think I'm going home a little early today", Hudson said running his hand through his short, sun kissed brown hair.

"Whatever you say boss", Lee replied, "It's only two more hours. I'll lock up good".

"I know you will", Hudson said. "I'm going to check the back". Lee simply nodded. Hudson walked to the back room and entered. The small storage area held mostly junk but it was the small door in the back corner that he walked straight to. He tested the door's three locks. They were all locked tight. Good. He hadn't opened the door in a while. It wasn't very often you got a "special" customer.

Hudson came out into the main part of the store and waved goodbye to Lee, who raised a hand in return as he continued to watch TV. Hudson walked out the door. Behind him he could hear the news channel on the small TV they kept behind the counter. Lee always watched the news when he worked. As usual it sounded like the media was hyping up another disaster.

Hudson walked to the side walk and stood by the bus stop. He lived nearby in Old Town West so it was much cheaper to ride the bus. A lady standing next to him turned to him and immediately winced as she saw the scar, the old wound he had received from a mishap in his military days. Hudson ignored her, he was used to it by now. In the distance sirens began wailing like mad. Hudson ignored that too as he got on the bus. That was a normal sound in Fort Collins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily stalked out the FCPD Central Headquarters fuming. In protective custody her ass! She took down the mother fucker once, by God she could do it again. Her memory recalled the words her former Director spoke to her only several minutes ago.

"It's different now", Director Ragean said. "He's different. Your incident with him has done to things to his mind".

Lily sighed heavily. He was talking about the man named Gerald. A serial killer Lily had tracked for months and had several run in's with. Their final confrontation had ended with Gerald falling into a fire. The man now completely covered himself with bandages and called himself Doleo, which she discovered was Latin for pain. Doleo apparently spent much time talking to himself about how he would fill her with as much pain as she filled him and then more.

Doleo had also just escaped from the Federal Bureau of Prisons in Denver.

Lily raised a brow. "You didn't call me here to just tell me Gerald escaped".

"I want people around you", Director Ragean said. "To protect you. I owe your father that much".

Lily shook her head to erase the thoughts of the aftermath. They had argued hard over bodyguards for her. In the end she had simply stormed out. She was scared no doubt, but she wouldn't let fear over come her. She would see this to the end, and put an end to "Doleo" once and for all.

The bus came to a stop and she stepped aboard to go back to her apartment. She took a seat near the back where the only other passenger was a man with piercing green eyes and scars on his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My baby! Oh my Sarah, my baby"! An anguish filled voice screamed. A woman of thirty. She would have been pretty if terror wasn't filling her face at the moment. "She's still in our rooms! Oh God no no", the woman cried piteously.

"I'm going back in", Chuck yelled to his partner as he heaved the woman into Dave's hands.

"You can't do that! It's Hell in there Chuck"! His partner Dave yelled back as he caught the woman and held her.

Nevertheless Chuck turned and ran back into the burning house, Dave's cries fading behind him. Today had been incredible. 5 fires in under 6 hours, the busiest the fire station had ever been, ever. And Chuck had been there for half of them, luckily he was in great shape.This one, an apartment building, by far was the worst. What was going on today? It seemed like the entire city was alive with sirens and screams.

Chuck ran through flames in his heat resistance suit and up a flight of stairs. As he rounded the corner he ran into some nearby rooms, fire blazing all around him. "Sarah"! He yelled. "Sarah where are you"! Suddenly part of the roof began collapsing onto him. He fell to the ground nearby as wooden planks struck his head and shoulders. The place was coming down. Wood flew in all directions as Chuck lunged to his feet with a roar. "SARAH"! He couldn't leave her behind. He didn't leave his brother those many years ago, and he would never leave anyone if he could help it.

Suddenly he heard the sound of crying from one of the rooms. "Help me", a strangled voice barely made out. Chuck ran towards the door and opened it. Normally a handle would have roasted his hand but thanks to his suit he was okay. He opened the door to see the little girl Sarah lying on the ground. At the sight of his suit she kicked away from him. "It's okay, I'm a fireman", Chuck said and scooped her up.

Outside Dave watched the building collapse as the mother cried in the father's arms. "Chuck", Dave whispered. Suddenly a figure appeared in the flames. Dave's eyes widened.

Chuck burst through the flames, huddling over and bundling something in his arms. He reached the mother and opened his arms to reveal the small girl. "Sarah", the mother cried out. Chuck took off his helmet and smiled at Dave as Dave smiled back.

"Good job hero", Dave said as the mother took the child and held her close, tears streaming down her face as she looked at Chuck.

"Thank you so much", she cried.

"My pleasure ma'am", Chuck said.

Suddenly Harold, one of the other firefighters was amongst them. "We gotta move guys", he said, his face serious as a heart attack, "A bus just crashed two blocks down, the engine is on fire and EMT's are tied up on the road right now. For some reason the city is pandemonium. I think it's a riot or something".

Dave and Chuck nodded and shot off into the fire engine's cab.

Lily's eyes fluttered. "Get up", a voice yelled, sounding as if it were so far away. What had happened? The last thing she remembered was being on the bus. Someone on the bus had kept coughing ahead of her very violently. Very violently. In fact he, it was a man she saw began retching into the middle of the aisle. The young girl across from him was severely grossed out by this. The soldier next to her, at least she profiled him so, he seemed to have been a soldier at one time by his bearing only looked out the window as if he didn't hear...or care. Then the retcher had begun seizing very hard. Luckily there was a hospital nearby so the bus driver had begun driving that way.

Except they had never made it there. The seizing fellow suddenly stood up. Then much to her horror the man began attacking the girl on the other side of him. Lily swore he was biting her. She drew her side arm but the man next to her stood up before her.

Hudson shot to his feet and reached for his side arm. Only...it wasn't there. Old habits die hard. "Shit", he cursed. The girl next to him was standing as well. He turned to see her holding a revolver. A Colt 357 if his memory served him correctly.

"Stop or I'll shoot", the woman cried out. However the obviously mentally deranged man kept mauling the young lady. "I said stop"! The gun toting girl yelled as she fired out. The bullet took the man in the neck and he flew in between the aisles. The bus swerved drastically as the bus driver was no doubt shitting himself at this point. Hudson turned to the girl, who was breathing hard but otherwise seemed composed. Maybe it wasn't her first time shooting at people. Hudson turned back to see the girl now seizing in her chair. "Damn it", he roared to the bus driver who had been about to stop, "Keep going we need medical help"! The bus driver picked up speed again.

And then the man who had been shot in the neck stood up.

"Impossible", Lily whispered as the man turned to look her in the eyes. His eyes were blood red and the blood pouring down his neck seemed to be beyond him. He had to be on drugs. And insane. What kind of man savagely bit people? Lily lifted her gun. "Don't move or I'll fire again".

Suddenly the girl who was bitten stood up. She began attacking people too. Was this some kind of human rabies? At some point someone jumped onto the bus driver and the bus swerved and flipped. That's when things got black.

Lily's eyes fluttered again. The world was blurry but it was coming into focus now. "Get up", a voice yelled. She opened her eyes fully to see the man who had been sitting next to her. He reached down and grabbed her by the arm and practically jerked her off the ground. "We gotta move now"! He screamed. Lily looked around confusedly as the sound of sirens and screaming now filled her ears. She still felt light headed.

Chuck jumped out the cab of the fire truck in his heat suit, leaving his helmet inside, and began sprinting towards the wreckage of the bus. Beside him on the side walk, running the opposite way was a man in a suit. Someone else was running behind him the same way...or at least Chuck thought he was running with him and not after him. Chuck was too busy to notice the blood dripping down the second man's chin and throat however. Chuck reached the bus wreckage to see a man helping a woman to her feet. "Are you okay"? Chuck yelled.

The man nodded as he held the girl up under her shoulder and began limping towards a building. A bar. He was headed to the bar? "Where are you going? You need medical attention"! Chuck yelled as he followed after him.

Hudson sighed heavily as he dragged the girl with him. And now this firefighter following him was obviously blind. "Shut the fuck up and follow me"! Hudson yelled as he pushed open the door into the bar. Chuck followed him inside, also confused now as Hudson began barring the door with chairs and tables.

"Now just what the hell are you doing"? Chuck asked. Dave was probably wondering what the hell he was doing.

Hudson didn't even turn around. "Pull down the blinds. But first take a look outside".

Chuck walked over to the window, curious now and looked out. What he saw was pure insanity. People were getting out of the wreckage of the bus, injured to the point to where they should obviously be dead. Chuck saw one man shambling around, his guts hanging and dragging on the asphalt. One girl walked near him as if in some type of daze. Half of her ribs were exposed. Another man was missing his lower jaw but that did not stop him from trying to eat another woman alive who began screaming as she awoke to being attacked. As soon as she screamed other people in the area suddenly jerked their heads and ran towards the source of the noise to pounce upon her.

Chuck also saw nearby the bar his partner Dave. Dave was lying on the ground surrounded by men kneeling over him. Behind them the fire truck stood. Chuck's axe hanging on the side. Behind him, above the bar Chuck could faintly hear a TV, a news station murmuring about a crisis in Fort Collins.

"What is happening"? Chuck said, pulling down the blind.

Lily looked around and noticed that she was being blocked inside of the bar with two strange men. She instinctively reached for her gun but it wasn't in the holster. She stood up and as she did the others turned to her. Both of them looked very pale.

[spoiler]And this lady and gentlemen is where I leave you to begin exploring your new fun filled world. First describe your character to the other characters and then do as your character would do. Your decisions will decide your course now. And in time you'll discover the goal of the game. [/spoiler]

< For Hudson's eyes only> [spoiler]You have Lily's gun in your possession[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:45:58 PM by ragincajun2288 »

shallowesoul

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »
Hudson is of average height with short light brown hair, with a piercing in each ear, and a scar down the side of his face. he is wearing a simple outfit with a leather jacket over a plain white tee-shirt.

Hudson looks at the people he is with and says"My name is Sean Hudson. But you can just call me Hudson." after a few moments of silence Hudson speaks again "Either of you know whats going on out there, or maybe what would cause this to happen."

after speaking, Hudson takes some time to search around the bar for thing that may be of use.
P.S thats a take 20.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:18:10 PM by shallowesoul »
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »
A slender woman of average height, with porcelain skin and hair the color of mahogany, looks at the two men with apprehensive greenish hazel eyes. She speaks to the man who drug her from the bus carnage:
"What is going on here?"
She listens to the news report from the television as she cautiously moves toward the window to look out. Her faces contorts with fear and disgust as she views the terror outside.
"The man on the bus... and the girl... whatever was wrong with them is spreading rapidly! It seems as though they feel no pain and focus only on more blood and gore..."
She turns from the window looking distressed and focuses on the two men.
"Looks like we should stay inside for now... My name is Lily O'Keefe. Who are you two? And have you seen my gun?"
[spoiler]Sense motive for Hudson: 1d20+10=25[/spoiler]

Gnomeo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 03:41:30 PM »
The firefighter hasn't moved from his position at the window.  He stares at the blinds, no past the blinds, as if looking right through them to the carnage outside.  The muted light reflects oddly off the large burn scar on the right side of his face, an odd contrast to the ugliness happening outside.  Without turning away, he says:

"Chuck.  Chuck Finley.  I don't know what the hell is going on, but hiding from it solves nothing.  There are people out there who need help."

He finally pulls himself away from the window, and turns his attention to Lily.

"How are your injuries, may I take a look?"

Chuck then follows the sound of the TV to the source.  He glares intently on the news broadcast, trying to make sense of the situation.  He reaches over to his shoulder and grips the walkie-talkie, turning the volume up, and says into the mic:

"Finley to HQ.  Over."

Skill uses:
[spoiler]Knowledge: Earth & Life Sciences to find a reason someone with intestines spilling out is walking around
1d20+10=25

Treat Injury on Lily's wounds to see how severe they are
1d20+12=19[/spoiler]
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:54:30 PM »

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:26:40 PM »
Hudson grabs the cleaver an sets it on the counter he then answers lily "I have your sidearm right here. I grabbed it after helping you stand up and walk away from the wreckage. Figured i would have better use of it until you were feeling better."
Hudson then grabs the cleaver and moves to a table, setting the cleaver and gun on the table. He then pulls a chair out to sit down.
as he sits Hudson says "I have a gun shop just a little ways from here. When this clears up a little bit we should head over there. So we can actually relax, and not worry about one of them biting us."
let the past be left unchanged, for it is a lesson of what our future is bound to be.

Gnomeo

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:22:00 AM »
Chuck winces and reaches back to restore the walkie-talkie volume to normal levels.  He has a tendency to crank it too far when distracted.  Watching the anchorman acting flippant about the rumored attacks after watching...what happened to Dave...angered Chuck.  When he was content with the volume setting, he replies:

"FUBAR.  Responded code 3 to a motor vehicle accident near Fort Collins.  Citizens attacked us on sight.  Rumors of a riot aren't doing this justice.  Dave is dead.  Bastards ATE him.  Like cannibals.  Condition appears to be contagious; delivered by bite like rabies.  Repeat: Contagious.  Warn others of the danger from bites.  I'm currently bunkered in a commercial structure with two civilians.  Over."

Knowing the information would take time to sink in and a response would take a moment, Chuck releases the button on the walkie and places his hands on the bar; his eyes closed and head slightly bowed.  He finds himself unable to get Dave's attack out of his head.  Without moving or opening his eyes he says:

"I doubt the warning will do a damn thing, but I had to try.  The bus' engine is on fire, and I'd rather not be in a neighboring building if it goes off.  I have a medical bag and a set of irons in the engine.  They'll prove useful in case we have to hole up for a while.  I suggest we gather anything useful we can carry and follow Hudson to his shop."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:18:53 PM by Gnomeo »

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 10:52:28 PM »
Lily nodded in appreciation as Chuck examined her. "I'm sorry about your partner," she said with quiet sincerity, looking quickly away from Chuck's face.
Eying the cleaver, Lily takes the gun from the table and replaces it to her side holster.
"Thanks," she says to Hudson. "I can't believe this is happening... and that it's not being taken more serious than a damned riot!" She shakes her head as she begins walking the room. "I don't know if relocating is a great idea right away. It will be dark soon and it's not exactly a stable environment out there. On that note, we should probably search this place to see how secure it is."
She walks toward the back of the bar and listens at the door, one hand on the knob and the other against the wood.

[spoiler]Spot check (walking the room): 1d20+8=20
Listen check: 1d20+10=24[/spoiler]

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »
after a few moments of sitting Hudson stands, and walks to the window to look outside. He then walks to the bar and pours himself a shot of whiskey.
Hudson ask "either of you want a drink? seems we will be in here for the night at least...so we may as well relax a little bit." After asking Hudson then takes his shot and pours another.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:12:11 AM by shallowesoul »

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 01:08:55 AM »
After some silence Chuck's walkie talkie finally breaks back in. "Roger that Finley", the voice is different this time. Chuck recognizes it as Jack Rock, his boss's voice. "We'll look into your claims very seriously. We know you're not one to play jokes, especially in a time like this. In fact we'll contact EMS services and the police and warn them now. Thanks Chuck, this may save some lives. Out". The walkie talkie crackles back off in a burst of static.

As Hudson walks over to the window, peeking out the blinds he sees a mass of "infected" walking around the building as if in a daze. Luckily, and amazingly, none of them see him. In the distance he can hear sirens still but the constant sound of sirens seem indifferent to the...zombies? They ignore the sound and instead turn their heads whenever they seem to hear a new sound. He closes the blinds quickly to avoid detection and apparently decides whiskey is a good way to calm the jitters.

As Lily walks towards the door, looking around as she does, she sees a juke box in the far left upper corner and a dart board between several other windows on the left side of the bar that look into an alleyway. Across the alley way is another building. A fire escape extends up the side of the building beyond her range of sight. As she comes to the bottom right door and places her ear against it she can make out some sound on the other side, yet can not decipher what it may be.

[spoiler]Here is your current lay out. Look at the cute fire truck outside the bar! Lol and shut up about the bus I was feeling particularly irritated I couldn't get a picture I needed so just used MS Paint to make that abomination rectangle. Least you can sorta tell that's fire coming out the front. Now in the event of a battle the map will be updated with a 1,2,3, A, B, C grid so all you have to do is say my character moves to A3 and shoots fuck face in the face. *Rolls in spoiler to kill fuck face*. Pretty easy! Now Chuck is the red dot, like his text. Coincidentally I picked blue for Hudson, which happens to be his text. And Lily is green. Now she just needs to join in with the colored text and the party's in unison! :lmao [/spoiler]

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:52:08 PM by ragincajun2288 »

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »
Lily glances back toward the men and says, "I'm going to check this room out. There could be a back exit or something useful."
She turns the handle and stands back as she pushes it open so that the door swings all the way in. With her gun aimed at the doorway, she peers in, listening closely.
[spoiler]Spot check: 1d20+8=16  yuck.
Listen check:    1d20+10=29 that's better! [/spoiler]

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 11:41:23 PM »
As the door swings open it reveals the kitchen area of the bar. In the back is another doorway. The kitchen is a mess. It's as if someone threw everything out the cabinets, tipped over a bowl of soup, and had someone killed.

Oh wait...there was the frame of a small woman lying next to the stove. Her blood covered almost the entire floor. A wound was in her head, a large hole. From the back of the kitchen, through the door way Lily heard the sound of someone moving about in the other room.

[spoiler]Map has been updated.[/spoiler]

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 01:10:30 AM »
"Mother of God!" Lily whispers to herself. She looks back at Hudson and Chuck, waving her hand to get their attention, and motions for them to come over quietly.
She feels for a light switch on the wall and steps gingerly into the kitchen. Her mind is racing with this new development. What could have happened here? It looks like the girl was shot in the head, but we didn't hear a gunshot in the midst of the chaos outside. But the sound from the next room put those thoughts on hold. She quietly moves further toward the back doorway, carefully stepping around the pool of blood. Still gripping her gun, Lily tries to get a view of the next room.

[spoiler]Move Silently: 1d20+5-2=22
*Intuition* 1d20+7=8 ...  :o Fail.
Spot check: 1d20+8=21
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:26:28 AM by maggieloo72 »

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 03:46:49 AM »
seeing Lily's signal Hudson stands grabbing the cleaver that he found earlier. and quietly walks beside her avoiding the puddle of blood as well. he then walks towards the wall dividing the kitchen and whispers to lily "should we charge or wait it out?"

[spoiler]move silently-1d20+10=21[/spoiler]

Gnomeo

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »
Chuck betrays a smile as he hears Rock's reply.  He's a stubborn bastard, but he's always been fair.  Guess that's why they get along so well.

Noticing the commotion near the back room, Chuck turns the volume off on his walkie and grabs a chair for defense.  It's not much of a weapon, but it might keep one of the bastards at arm's length if necessary.  Moving around quietly in turnout gear isn't easy, but he makes the effort regardless.

Upon seeing the state of the kitchen, and the readiness of his two new companions, Chuck motions to the others to ready themselves and puts his hand to his mouth to show that he will call out.  It seems he's willing to be the bait and draw whoever is back there to him past the others.

[spoiler]Move Silent 1d20=11
This becomes a 9 after the Armor Check penalty.  :([/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:07:47 PM by Gnomeo »

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
Hudson stealthily approaches Lily. It's almost obvious he's been doing it a long time. However as Chuck clambers up next to him Hudson shoots him a look of disbelief at the amount of racket he makes.

Lily moves on away from the party to peek around the corner into the next room. She moves without making a sound, to the approval of Hudson. Normally she gets a tingling when she is in a situation like this. However this time, her sixth sense fails her and she feels absolutely nothing about the appending situation. She peeks around the corner to look into the next room she sees what appears to be an office area. A desk, computer, filing cabinets, a safe, a man pointing a gun at her.

Wait...what? She looks behind the desk more closely to see a man crouched behind it, a hand gun pointed straight at her head.

"I knew I heard something", he says, "Don't move or I'll blow your brains out. Come into the office, hands in the air".

maggieloo72

• I'm a newbie...
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »
Oh, shit. Lily takes a fast glance back at Hudson and Chuck as she puts her gun in its holster and raises her hands into the air.
"Ok, I mean no harm. I was only trying to hide out during the craziness outside. Please, don't shoot me."

shallowesoul

• *maniacal laugh*
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 11:34:26 PM »
Hudson conceals the cleaver in the back of his jeans in order to look unarmed he then walks out and intimidatingly asks "what the hell are you doing back here? and what happened to the person lying there?"

[spoiler]sleight of hands-1d20+12=18
intimidation-1d20+2=19[/spoiler]

Gnomeo

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
Chuck looks on in disgust as he sees Lily raise her hands.  The city is falling apart and the survivors are fighting each other as much as the afflicted. 

Typical.

He sets the chair down gently and waits to see what happens next.