Author Topic: Killing sleeping targets?  (Read 7420 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Killing sleeping targets?
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 12:58:48 PM »
Something that we have done with players who couldn't make it is to assume their characters are fighting other creatures, like an extra in a battle scene. The character gets 1/2 xp and no bonus xp for RP that the DM likes to give out. We originally had it as them getting nothing but people were falling too far behind in XP and their characters were useless after a few missed sessions (mostly because they weren't very useful at appropriate levels either).
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

karrella

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 01:08:58 PM »
I'm semi tempted to go to the method where everyone levels up every certain number of sessions. Anyone tried that?

I like the 50% exp for a no show too.

I think the assassin was targeted because he wasn't there that night. I was running it making it my fault as well.... or so I'm told. So that house rule has to be fixed whichever way I go with the experience.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 12:54:03 AM »
I'm semi tempted to go to the method where everyone levels up every certain number of sessions. Anyone tried that?

I like the 50% exp for a no show too.

I think the assassin was targeted because he wasn't there that night. I was running it making it my fault as well.... or so I'm told. So that house rule has to be fixed whichever way I go with the experience.
Well, I generally don't follow the XP table, if that is any help. I give levels according to where they are in the story progression. Sometimes a little bit sooner if the players did something spectacular that deserve a bit of extra bonus, but generally the bonus comes in the form of shiny new equipment.