Author Topic: Sundry Discussions  (Read 42563 times)

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Sundry Discussions
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »
Krak would be hunting more than sitting around in town doing an odd job or so, i am sure he would at least be framiliar with the rangers.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »
As not only an arcanist, but also someone with trap and mechanical experience I imagine most everyone in a small village would know of me, if not directly know me.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2010, 11:35:38 AM »
alignment fixed, I totally missed the required good part (i probably read it as not evil).

I also fixed my sheet since it apparently didn't save properly when I added my sling and sai.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
I had helped Tivus with his character and we had forgotten to apply his Wis penalty for race.  It's fixed now.

Flay, knowing your character fairly well would be fine for Tosc thematically.  He also isn't much for sitting around town so often would be out 'communing' with the spirits and hunting for food to bring back to the village.  Added our friendship to my background and can write in for other friendships (or other states of fellowship/knowledge) as we all see fit.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:15:52 PM by Hallack »
Placeholder - T'tosc

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2010, 02:52:59 PM »
My thought process with Krak was that Arcos, with his ability to use Expansion and a reach weapon, would be among the few asked to deal with the Barbarian when he raged, so the two of them might have had some scuffles.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Mandoor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2010, 04:01:34 PM »
By the by, aren't we all supposed to be pretty young?

Anywho, so who knows who, or would like to work out how they know who? I suppose if you're a hunter, like Tivus, I would probably know you, as would I any particularly wilderness-based characters like Tosk or Krak Feng.

Not that I'm trying to force you to, but those are the most likely suspects. I've got all my info on my character sheet, for personality and history and such. If you know me, gimme a clue?

Sounds good for us to know each other since I'm planning to learn a little tracking and your planning to learn some scout action.   

Note for the sometime Frenzied Berserker, I'm glad I'm going to use my bow more then my sword and when you get High level which makes you faster then I am, I will hide in plain sight to get away from your Freanze.  :)

Mandoor

« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »
I had helped Tivus with his character and we had forgotten to apply his Wis penalty for race.  It's fixed now.

Flay, knowing your character fairly well would be fine for Tosc thematically.  He also isn't much for sitting around town so often would be out 'communing' with the spirits and hunting for food to bring back to the village.  Added our friendship to my background and can write in for other friendships (or other states of fellowship/knowledge) as we all see fit.

Thank you Hallack for fixing that for me one less thing that I need to do. I was going to correct it when I get off work or had a break.  :banghead

When you get old you start forgeting stuff, since, I'm the old man of the this group.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
This village is pretty small, so Claude will have heard of anyone else who grew up in it. He is not as well-trained when it comes to a fight. This lack of training may cause the other more fighter-y members to look down on him. Those nearest his age would start with the most hostility because despite his lack of combat prowess, the village elder, Hornan Atwyl, has taken an interest in his magical abilities.

Hopefully, Claude will survive long enough to prove himself to be useful in-game. You all should have a good idea of how he can help out-of-character though.

----

Oh yeah, big thing, I forgot. For the cleric, you may want to get the 2nd lvl spell, Substitute Domain from Complete Champion. You'd have to pick a deity, but it lets you swap some of your spells known, which can be nice.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:21:26 PM by Epimetheus »

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2010, 07:08:02 PM »
Yeah, Tosc is not much of a fighter either.  Many, particularly those that do not know him well may take him as being a bit peculiar and crazy.

He tries to be friendly to everyone as part of his way of carving out a place amongst the peoples of Beren's Creek, even to the point of putting up with crap from those of the village.  Basically he tries very hard to be accommodating for fear of being without a home yet again.

Dibs on Purple Mandoor.  I used it first :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:58:46 PM by Hallack »
Placeholder - T'tosc

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:08 PM »
The reason why I mentioned putting armour on might be an issue is that at level 1, your buffs don't last that long. If you buff the party then spend time putting armour on, the spell(s) might run out before you are ready to rock and roll.

My 24 hour Bless says otherwise :p
Of course, this might change in a level or so, but for now the only buff I have to make sure is running in combat is Bless.
Figured I could save the Lesser Vigors until after combat.
Entropic Shield only helps me, which means that the only one crying if I don't cast it will be... well, me.
Deathwatch will probably not be cast much. Hopefully.

Don't have a slightest clue how Substitute Domain would work with this system. I would loose either the extra turning, which I need, or the re-roll, which I like.
I also don't know which other domains my goddes provides, appart from the rather obvious War. So I don't think I'll be doing this.
Regardless, it's not a factor until three levels from here.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Mandoor

« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »
Yeah, Tosc is not much of a fighter either.  Many, particularly those that do not know him well may take him as being a bit peculiar and crazy.

He tries to be friendly to everyone as part of his way of carving out a place amongst the peoples of Beren's Creek, even to the point of putting up with crap from those of the village.  Basically he tries very hard to be accommodating for fear of being without a home yet again.

Dibs on Purple Mandoor.  I used it first :P

Is Brown taken?

I have another game on another server.  I notice it was nice, if people put their Char name in their sig.  It makes it easier to identify the Char with the post.  I know this might not work, if you have more then one games going on in the same server but it would be nice.

Or put your name in front of your post, pls.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:38:00 PM by Mandoor »

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »
Claude will take blue then.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
Krak will switch to yellow after his last post

will always try to ahve Kraks name mentioned in the first sentence or so of a post.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »
Arcos will use bolded black if there's no objection.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Mandoor

« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »
krak, that yellow is very hard to read.  Will you, please, consider changing and saving my eyes?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:53:12 PM by Mandoor »

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2010, 12:06:19 AM »
sue hows this is this readable enough?

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2010, 12:08:38 AM »
The pink is a bit hard to read too.

Mandoor

« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2010, 12:12:33 AM »
I believe Pink is easier then Yellow to read.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2010, 12:19:08 AM »
If you need me to I'll find a new color in place of pink, but with the large number of players I think we will quickly run out of readable colors.

what I have done to help with hard to read text is just highlight it with my mouse.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2010, 02:46:09 AM »
If you need me to I'll find a new color in place of pink, but with the large number of players I think we will quickly run out of readable colors.

what I have done to help with hard to read text is just highlight it with my mouse.

Yeah, basically. If it's hard to read, then Ctrl+A will probably fix the contrast.