Author Topic: Sundry Discussions  (Read 42562 times)

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Sundry Discussions
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2010, 03:59:07 PM »
Not entirely sure where Carl got 140 gp but ill run with it...
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2010, 04:06:26 PM »
I have no armor, and only one weapon that costs money. I just never spent most of my wealth. I've got the equipment that I felt made sense he would carry, and only cold weeather gear, not furs.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2010, 04:49:42 PM »
Still do u suppose I could borrow some of that gold. I could use a couple gold pieces in RL  :D
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »
Fixed both problems with this: Silverbrow Human -> Human. Nymph's Kiss -> Dragontouched (to reobtain the dragonblood subtype). Now the question becomes, is Dragontouched (pg 18 Dragon Magic) allowed?

Our starting gp is the maximum of the class's starting wealth. Bards get 160 gp.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
Crafting is instantaneous. If you have the gold and XP, I will assume that you have been working on it as you walk around/camp/adventure.

Dragontouched is in.

Parchment made from animal skins is probably your best bet in terms of paper and its analogs. There are inks available (even the Inuits IRL get to tattoo themselves). Stuff carved on rocks = runes maybe? :)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »
Sweet, I think I may well go ahead and take Scribe Scroll then.  I like the flavor of using natural goods to really get the primitive feel for the feat.  :D
Placeholder - T'tosc

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
Are Virtuoso and Sublime Chord allowed prestige classes?

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2010, 11:07:11 PM »
Just a heads up: I'll be unable to post for roughly the next 48 hours.  Going to see family.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
Sublime Chord and Virtuoso, yes.

Regarding "crafting is instantaneous", what I meant was that it is instantaneous "in camp". So, if you guys camp for the night, you can wake up the next morning and the item is ready. I didn't mean that you can whip out a wand of fireballs during a fight or a stack of scrolls of enemy immunity just before an encounter. Just thought I needed to clarify that further.

Let's aim for a Monday start. That is Aussie time, so it would probably still be Sunday US time. The Euros will be somewhere in the middle. That will be in about 3 days' time, giving everyone the chance to get over the weekend hangover and start the week afresh. I am not really celebrating Christmas and have the week between Christmas and New Year off, so I will be online quite often during that period. Just letting you guys know.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2010, 09:38:43 AM »
Sunday is good, though I work from 3:15 to 11:30 PST. Fucking retail job during the holidays! At least it pays the bills.... and for the armory...

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2010, 09:47:55 AM »
Heh heh heh. I just realised we have 8 people. This is going to be more appropriate than I expected  :smirk

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2010, 10:47:21 AM »
I guess I really need to get my back story written down then.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »
Regarding "crafting is instantaneous", what I meant was that it is instantaneous "in camp". So, if you guys camp for the night, you can wake up the next morning and the item is ready. I didn't mean that you can whip out a wand of fireballs during a fight or a stack of scrolls of enemy immunity just before an encounter. Just thought I needed to clarify that further.

Yeah, that's what I had figured.

I'll get my sheet done soon.  Had my gear done but apparently forgot to save it before closed Mythweavers grrrrrr.
Placeholder - T'tosc

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
well wall o text is in place on my character sheet. I tried to write enough to give you a feel for who my character is without dictating things about the setting.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2010, 02:07:35 PM »
It's finally end of the week, so I can finally catch up on my sleep and regain my higher brain functions late Saturday. Hellish week at Uni. So expect my cleric to be up and about around 30 hours from now.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Mandoor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
Hey, if there is still room in the game, I will like to make a char too.

I am planning to play a scout if allowed.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2010, 06:14:33 AM »
Mandoor, Flay is playing a Swift Hunter Ranger/Scout already, IIRC. Do you want to rethink your concept or are you OK with two same class combos in the party?

Mandoor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2010, 02:39:09 PM »
I'm fine with if everybody else is ok with it.  I have may other char ideas to explore, if i need to change.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2010, 03:16:46 PM »
Hmmm, I certainly don't mind another Swifthunter.  Flay, are you going the mostly Ranger route? 

Looks like Mandoor is planning on only one level of Ranger.  Could be the builds will be significantly different though similar themes.

Plus, having a trap monkey (which the scout can be) might be good. 
Placeholder - T'tosc

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2010, 05:21:28 PM »
*sigh*

I've been over the domains half a dozen times by now and I'm not impressed.
It has gotten to the point where I would rather design a Domain myself, set extend spell as bonus, use normal cleric spells at their normal levels as Domain spells and just play with that 1 domain than use 2 normal ones. I wouldn't even care I loose 9 spells known. :witsend

I realized that there are a few nice group buffs that could be persisted (Bless, Divine Protection, Prayer, Mass Lesser Vigor, Recitation, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful etc) so I'm contemplating Planning now.

I've narrowed it down to Community, Renewal, Luck or Strength for my other one.

The plan is to play a support cleric, with buffs and heals. I'm not interested in beating face, not at all.
Tertiary mode would be some debuff/BFC, but I doubt I ever will have any spells known left for that purpose.
Suppose what makes those Bigby's Hands spells a little more attractive.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.