Author Topic: Battlemaster (Heavy melee prestige class) [PEACH :D]  (Read 1480 times)

MasterVega

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
Battlemaster (Heavy melee prestige class) [PEACH :D]
« on: December 11, 2010, 08:24:53 PM »
This is another experiment to see if I can make a melee character who can actually scale properly against monsters of "appropriate" CR. First draft, so balance will probably be a bit out of whack. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :D

The BattlemasterPrerequisites:
BAB: +9
Skills: Intimidate 12
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, 5 other Fighter feats

HD: d10
Skills per level: 4+int
Skills: Climb (Str), Craft (Int),Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana, History, Local), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).

Class Features:

Proficiencies: Seriously, what prestige class gives you proficiencies?

Battle Thirst: Whenever a Battlemaster strikes a foe, he gains a +1 morale bonus to attack and damage. This bonus stacks with each additional strike, but resets if the Battlemaster goes more than 2 turns without directly dealing damage to a foe. This ability stacks a maximum of 10 times.

Glacier Stare (ex): The Battlemaster learns to take further advantage of his intimidating presence. He can attempt to demoralize an opponentwithin 30ft as a swift action, and may choose to sacrifice his bonus from his Battle Thirst ability to add an equal competence bonus to the intimidate check.

Improved Power Attack (ex): At 2nd Level, the Battlemaster gains Improved Power Attack as written in the Frenzied Berserker entry (The Complete Warrior, pg. 35).

Commanding Presence (ex): A 3rd level Battlemaster gains limited control over those affected by his intimidation. Whenever he successfully demoralizes a foe, he can give the creature a single command (no verbal effect necessary; the target must be able to see the Battlemaster, however). He can force the creature to either charge, halt, or flee for one whole turn. A creature can only be affected by this power once every 24 hours. This is a mind-affecting ability.

Battle Elation (ex): A 4th level Battlemaster becomes more confident as the situation becomes more dire. He gains a +1 dodge bonus to armor class for every opponent adjacent to him (swarms count as 1 opponent for the purpose of this ability)

Herculean Strike (ex):
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:15:42 PM by MasterVega »
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

MasterVega

• Email
Re: Battlemaster (Heavy melee prestige class) [PEACH :D]
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 01:43:21 PM »
Yeah, it kinda does. Isn't Blood in the Water more about critical hits, though?

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

MasterVega

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »
Better balance wise or better as in more useful? Well, I'm sure it's more useful, but is that a problem?

Current PbP Games:

MasterVega

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 04:00:04 AM »
Alrighty. Thank you for reading and responding. Is there anything that seems too weak, powerful, or just unhelpful (IE: fighters/melee characters already do enough damage argument)?

Current PbP Games: