Author Topic: Next Campaign Character Build  (Read 1615 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Next Campaign Character Build
« on: December 05, 2010, 09:36:48 PM »
So after much talking to the DM about what we're going to be doing, and what substitutions we can make, we've finally decided on what we're all taking. My character is going to be a Factotum with a +2 CON and +2 INT bonus. He said that he's even doing up LA differently so I'm likely going to take a level of Phrenic Creature for +2 INT and +2 CHA so I can take Imperious Command at level 3.

After reading up on the handbooks (yes, plural), and looking over the classes they recommend, I think I've got a build.

Factotum 3/Duskblade 3/Mindbender 1/Marshal 1/Factotum +8/Exemplar 4.

For feats, I was thinking Font of Inspiration x3, Imperious Command, Supernatural Transformation, Insightful Strike or Combat Panache, True Believer (if I can find an awesome enough Relic). I don't think I want Practiced Spellcaster. Wouldn't be worth it. Intimidating Strike might be, but if it's an undead campaign, which I suspect it might be, that's not going to work in my favor too much either. I've seen the other feats that are in dark blue, or flashy sky blue, but I'm staying away from familiars and animal companions for obvious reasons, and the Knowledge Domain has been revised due to its "power". We usually average 24 levels, but I'm leaving three of those open "just in case". You never know what may happen. I've got two immediate LA that I know I'd have to deal with if it came up, but you never know. I had a potential for 11 originally, so I'm okay with this. I'm half expecting half of those to creep up too. If I do get to go up more class levels, it'll likely be more Factotum.

I have no idea what weapon I'll be taking yet, other than maybe a glaive, at the start. Tripping won't likely be my forte since that'll be what the tank's kind of planning on doing, and the majority of what we face off against anyways is Huge or bigger, after 4th-7th level. For armor it'll eventually work its way up to an animated shield and a probably a mithril shirt. For enhancements, I'll probably just go with what's on the handbook for extra initiative bonuses, etc.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Next Campaign Character Build
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 10:09:59 PM »
factotum 8/chameleon 10/warblade 1/crusader 1 is also a very good and flexible build.  and if it happens to be undead focused for a while, chameleon has you covered.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 10:19:24 PM »
factotum 8/chameleon 10/warblade 1/crusader 1 is also a very good and flexible build.  and if it happens to be undead focused for a while, chameleon has you covered.
It's a very nice build IF you can take Able Learner. I can not. Therefore it is not a very good and flexible build for myself.

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 10:29:21 PM »
Knowledge devotion is almost a must.

I'd go 3 levels of marshal for motivate charisma and motivate intellegence

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
Knowledge devotion is almost a must.
Only if it's not house ruled. Ours is.

I'll have a look at the Marshal class again. It would be nice to get the INT stuff boosted too.