Author Topic: Save me from the holy men.... and women!  (Read 4463 times)

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Re: Save me from the holy men.... and women!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 07:59:05 AM »
Hmm... I wonder if you can talk your way out of this?  Meh.

Seal up all the doors and windows. Go to the top of the tallest tower and open a gate to the Elemental plane of water. Now make some effigy crabs, octopi, squids, and giant clams. Make sure to template the heck out of them. Don't bother with using undead. they'll only use them against you, but you can't easily turn a construct.
If they get too close to you, flee through the gate and have as many surviving pets follow you as you can salvage safely.

I like this!

IF the do-gooders get through your defenses, just cast Freezing Sphere and incase them in ice. Problem solved.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 11:24:35 PM »
Psionic reformation to pick up otherworldly as your first level feat?

Screw being undead, I want to live!
You still wouldn't have a metabolism, but you'd be immune to turning.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 11:40:45 PM »
so, um, whats your character build? what time frame do you have to work with? resources?

i like surrounding evil characters with innocent live characters that think the world of them. let the pally's swarm in and slay all that oppose him...

i like illusion defenses.

i like extra planar escapes.

got gate? got effreti?

The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 11:38:54 PM »
Get yourself some Quells; let's see:
1. They hate all divine casters. With a passion.
2. They are Incorporeal.
3. They can "Interdict" divine casters; basically works like a Turning attempt, but instead of turning the caster, you cut them off from all deific help (spells, turning, all that jazz) for one minute, or 24 hours if there are enough quells! You would need about 36 to Interdict a 20th level cleric though, unless your DM rules that advancing the Quell's HD would let it Interdict more powerfully.

They are my favorite undead, by the way; if my group ever lets me do the necromancy thing, I'll have at least 1 of these guys around at all times.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 11:50:07 PM »
how about a nice mix of shadows / ghosts and unbodied.

the shadows and ghosts might get turned but the unbodied wont.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 12:08:20 AM »

I'm surprised only one person has asked what your build is  :P Seriously its hard to suggest much without knowing class and level at least. And how much does your GM optimise?

If you were a Wiz I'd suggest you Scry and Die way before they hit your keep. Whats that, you need 8 hours uninterrupted rest to regain your spells? Oh too bad. Heres a Balor to make up for it.

Also if you want to be a bit more machievellian about it, any other undead powerhouses that might end on the Holy Shitlist? You might be able to swing an Undead Union Against Postlife Vigilantes.