Author Topic: Steadfast Survivors  (Read 3370 times)

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Steadfast Survivors
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:50:31 PM »
Post links to your character sheet here, with the name of the character being the link.

Please, select a color for your character's speach.

Among the Living:

Klammeri - Dwarf - Swordsage 1// Barbarian 1 - Flay Crimsonwind
Eldon Oakleaf - Deep Dwarf - Druid 1//Cloistered Cleric 1 - LordBlades
Peter Stanfield - Human - Dragonfire Adept 1//Binder 1 - McPoyo
Watcher John, the Cursed - Human - Crusader 1//Warblade 1 - Amechra

NPC:

The Smith - Psiforged - Fighter 1//Artificer 1 - AndyJames
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:04:51 PM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: Steadfast Survivors
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:02:36 AM »
The Smith

[spoiler]
A warforged. What more needs to be said? He was built for battle, with full armour plating and the ability to take incredible amounts of punishment. The Smith was called something else in those days. A letter and a number, mainly. "Hey, you!" at other times, or simply "Golem". With the ending of the great wars, and the release of the warforged from their bondage, the Smith has moved on from destruction to construction. But ironically, his knowledge only allowed him to create implements of war.

To this day, he wanders the world, making and selling his wares which are still in great demand. The kings and nobles might have proclaimed publicly their wars are over, but the people knew better. The war continues. In the shadows, on the borders, in raids without end.

He takes pride in his work. It is productive, useful and tangible. Having no need to sleep, not subject to fatigue and exhaustion that plague mortals, and caring about the passage of time (which does not affect his immortal body), the Smith can craft items of incredible detail and workmanship. The longbow strapped to his back is testament to his skill, an item that has taken him years to complete.

His wanderings have taken him to the little town of Nundinae, a town in the middle of several trade routes, perhaps a town where he can hang up his boots and settle down to a peaceful life of making things, and certainly a town small enough where he might be judged on his merits without too many fingers and mouths wagging and making things uncomfortable. The local tavern would be the best place to spend the night, not to drink, for he did not need it nor has the patience for the stupidity that such indulgences invariably create, but to observe the locals and see what sort of people they are.
[/spoiler]

Colour is navy (damn you, DM; I was going to take purple, since the guy IS purple (or his body is because of the adamantine).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:53:48 AM by AndyJames »

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 04:25:07 AM »
I'm gonna have to drop. Looks like you guys should get on well enough without me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:38:27 AM by bkdubs123 »

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:11:14 AM »
Eldon Oakleaf

Stealing Green for speech.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »
Peter Stanfield, Dragonslayer

I choose Maroon.

[spoiler]
Journal entry 37

I've come to a town named "Nundinae". Looks peaceable enough, and in my brief time wandering the streets I saw no-one who was hunting me about their daughter. I don't know why they try, I explain to every one of them that their daughters seduced me, but they refuse to believe it. Perhaps that's because I don't believe it myself. Never hurts to try, after all. Shame about that last one, she was quite the looker. Had I known her father to be the Captain of the Guard, I would have avoided her like the plague. Guard Captains always seem so touchy about their daughters' "purity", though she was anything but pure, believe me.

I've still got some money to tide me over, so I'm not actively looking for work just yet, though if a juicy job plopped into my lap, I'd take it. The boredom gets to be too much before long, after all. I've heard there's a tavern run by a dwarf with pretty good drink, I'm thinking I'll drop by sometime in the afternoon, maybe see if I can stir up some trouble or some work. The two tend to go hand-in-hand I've noticed more often than not.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:50:17 AM by McPoyo »
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:39:54 AM by Amechra »
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 01:41:58 AM »
Would anyone mind if I reflavored the binding process as more like a seizure? Seems more appropriate, for me at least.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »
I don't mind at all.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »
Alright then, one crusader/warblade who scratches the signs for a given vestige into his own skin each morning while convulsing coming up!

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 01:57:09 AM »
Meanwhile, a long time ago, in a galactic bar far far away....

..... Just kidding. Upstairs is a guy named Klammeri, Dwarven Barbaric "Brawler Sage" of some status, and when he wakes up, he'll still be pissed in both senses of the word.

He speaks in RED!..... blue, meant blue..... damnit........

History to come....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:00:33 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »