Author Topic: The Town Crier  (Read 1187 times)

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
The Town Crier
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:43:39 PM »
Recent reading has inspired me to try a different approach to the normal adventure.

3.5e

Somewhat odd character creation:
Will be starting at level one.
Level one will be gestalt, while the rest will be regular single progression. This will allow for +1 races/templates or a second class.
32 point buy.
Two flaws, one trait, are allowed, but not required.
Max starting gold for your class, the higher of the two if you decide on a second at first level.
No penalties for multiclassing.

Most 3.0 & 3.5 sources will be allowed, dragon material is out just to save me headaches.
Using Invisible Castle for dice.
Character sheets should be posted on Myth-weavers.

The game will have dangerous hack/slash, role-playing, and require creativity in solutions. It will be urban based, and run to level four.

Ban list
Vow of Poverty
Magic item crafting feats
Sovereign types
Races/templates over +1 LA
Necropolitan

The adventure will be set in Nundinae, a smaller sized town, in the middle of several trade routes. Your characters can have basically any back story you want. They will have arrived at Nundinae within the last day, meaning they do not know the lay out or all that much about the city.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Rulings
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:34:40 AM »
Rulings:

• Greenbound Summoning is a +2 metamagic.
  • Skill trick training checks have been waved, but the time needed for training has not.
  • Unless you are able to auto succeed on ordering an animal, with a handle animal check, you must roll.
  • Druids get one free action handle animal check, for their animal companion, a round.
  • Stat swapping via Illumian power sigils is allowed to carry over to psionics. In addition, any sigil that only increased caster level, may increase manifester level instead.
  • All skills may have masterwork tools tied to them, but the items must make sense.
  • Due to the removal of magic item crafting feats, artificers may now select metamagic feat instead. In addition, warforged artificers, may select warforged feats instead of the crafting feats.
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress