Author Topic: Help me build a BSF!  (Read 8555 times)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
Re: Help me build a BSF!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
Sneezing and choking powder?

Oh wait you said that fouses on the build.
There's the gatling gun chain tripper.
The killer melee gnome.
Jack b. quick.
The master thrower.
Not sure about 10th level though. Really the thing is there's just not enough things there that can be used without killing the hole party all at once, like a charge build that cleaves.
Best to make a Warblade or a Warblade/Swordsage.
A warblade/fighter with karmic strike would work really well too.
... Or hell even a Crusader X.

There are many many ways to got there... can you give us more info? Party composition maybe?

Edit:  Stupid me. I got it. Make a Fear Monger. Barbarian/Fighter/Prc, you really only need one level of barbarian.

Imperious Command + Instaneous Rage + Intimidating rage (+ Skill Trick never outnumbered) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=72827

If you need directions to all those feats and classes let me know... I'll take a sec to point out the origins if you go that way.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:34:14 PM by Midnight_v »
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 07:23:34 PM »
There's always Tiny von BigMcLargeHuge. You don't have to add psionics in, but it sure helps!

Also, you can use items to get a similar effect.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 10:48:05 PM »
The idea was to have no supernatural effects (spells, psi, inc, etc). true seeing and the like are required as part of BBEG status. I want the party to say "He's just 1 guy with a sword, how is he beating us?!"

Edit: Would greatly prefer no ToB, since the players think it's OP and need to be taught a lesson in that regard.
Edit2:Would also prefer to avoid the classics like chain tripping and charge builds. I just want a guy that walks up to you and lands a crit over and over and over.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 11:13:07 PM »
I...
Did you miss my posts? None of what i suggested was supernatural. He's just a really scary fucking guy. . .

As for a guy that walks up and crits over and over. . . You say you already have disciple of dispater right?
that plus improved crit should actually do what you describe.
Do you mean you want him to get extra attacks off his crits or something?
Edit: Would greatly prefer no ToB, since the players think it's OP and need to be taught a lesson in that regard.

Then... shouldn't you be sending Codzil...
 :twitch
Ah. Nevermind.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 12:09:07 AM »
If it's a 12th level dude, you could forego the magical defenses and just let the party curbstomp him.  Maybe you could have him jump out of nowhere and eviscerate one party member first, and then let the rest of the party curbstomp him.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »
if you want another really stupid fighter build you can try

Draconic Half Orge
Barbarian 4 / Fighter 2/ Frienzied Beserker 3/ Bear Warrior 1/ Primeval 10
using LA buy off  base strength from the rage and frenzied and primeval form should be right around 60

use a Keen Jovar (planar handbook) will be 3d6 with a crit of 15-20 x2 ( primeval form should be a dire ape to have the arms to use it)

you get all the fun charger stuff has a shot to 1 round about anything with all the damage and really is almost as stupid as it gets

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 02:17:22 AM »

Draconic Half Orge
using LA buy off  base strength from the rage and frenzied and primeval form should be right around 60

use a Keen Jovar (planar handbook) will be 3d6 with a crit of 15-20 x2 ( primeval form should be a dire ape to have the arms to use it)

you get all the fun charger stuff has a shot to 1 round about anything with all the damage and really is almost as stupid as it gets
Look at Exotic Weaponsmaster. The Uncanny Blow special ability. With an extremely high strength, that adds more damage than anything I've seen (other than perhaps Greater Mighty Blow)

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 08:18:27 AM »
If you just want to chew your player's up, here's a nice blender that crits like mad.

Fighter 6/ Warblade 6
Human: Combat Reflexes
Flaw: Quick Draw
Flaw: Two Weapon Fighting
L1: Combat Expertise
Fighter 1: WF: Light Maces
Fighter 2: Lighting Maces
L3: Imp. TWF
Fighter 4: Double Hit
Fighter 6: Weapon Spec: Light Maces
L6: Deft Opportunist
L9: Melee Weapon Mastery
L12: Robilar's Gambit
WB5: Improved Initiative

Use the warblade aptitude ability to switch all your feats over to the keen kukri's you have. Take blood in the water with warblade. You make two attacks of opportunity each time an opponent attacks you, at a +6 from feats alone. You have 6 attacks in a hasted full attack and get an extra attack every time you threaten a critical(15-20), and a +1 to atk and dmg for one minute every time you confirm. If you took exoticist fighter you could use the EWP's from it to get heavy kukris with strongarm bracers they could be large, for 1d8(15-20)x2.

Have him use shield other with a minion, as well. Add a ring of counterspelling (dispel magic) and a ring of spell battle to fuck with the party caster. Your players will hate you.

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 08:43:20 AM »
Can you fit in Karmic Strike?

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 10:19:50 AM »

Draconic Half Orge

Look at Exotic Weaponsmaster. The Uncanny Blow special ability. With an extremely high strength, that adds more damage than anything I've seen (other than perhaps Greater Mighty Blow)

its a thought but i was figuring that once going into epic relms this would go with War Hulk to get around the draw back.   and send strength into the high heavens.   another thought would be to use the maul of titans and add in belt of giants strength and gauntlets of ogre power.  if i remember starting at the base 8 int you end up with 4-5 int when this build is all said and done.  may be able to get it to that 3 int as well for being on par with a druids animal companion for int....now if we can get the share spell feature added to his list of class skills....

rasmuswagner

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »
Okay, so what the OP is actually looking for is a 10th level BSF build. preferably a Revenant Blade with no ToB content.

Elven Ranger 2/Barbarian 1/Fighter 2/Revenant Blade 5

Feats:
1: Bladebearer of the Valenar
Fighter 1: WF: Valenar Double Scimitar
Fighter 2: Power Attack
3: Improved Bull Rush
Ranger 2: Two-weapon fighting
6: Shock Trooper
9: Leap Attack
Revenant Blade feats: Great Cleave, Improved Critical, Weapon specialization (or whatever).

Class features:
Pounce (Lion Totem Barbarian)
Rage 1/day (+4 str, extra attack, all attacks at -2, +2 ref save)
BaB +10, Fort +9 ref +4 will +4

Assuming NPC WBL of 16,000 gp, we'll buy a +2 strength item, a +1/+1 double scimitar.

With strength 18, +2 from levels, +2 from magic and +4 from Rage, a charge looks like this: +17/+17/+17/+12, all 15-20/x2, 1d6+45 (or 1d6+75 with the "6 damage per -1" interpretation of Leap Attack).

With a total of -12 to AC from charging, dont bother - get miss chances or swift/immediate teleportation instead. Add a potion of flying to deal with fliers.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »
Get the talisman for another bonus feat. Only cost 1800 gp.

I'd also drop Great Cleave for something more useful. The chances of you dropping TWO PCs in a round is negligible.

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 11:13:05 AM »
Can you fit in Karmic Strike?

With a bloodline, sure.

Is there any other way than Revenant Blade to get Str+1/2 (and/or other two handed benefits) with two weapon fighting?

rasmuswagner

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 01:20:38 PM »
Get the talisman for another bonus feat. Only cost 1800 gp.

I'd also drop Great Cleave for something more useful. The chances of you dropping TWO PCs in a round is negligible.

Yeah, but it's a freebie from a very, very limited list.

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 01:41:30 PM »
I think a fear-based debuffer is the way to go

Desert half orc half-orc paragon3/monk2/paladin of tyranny5

ACFs: holy warrior, righteous fury half orc paladin subsitution and other half orc paladin subsitutions, overwhelming attack monk

Skill trick: never outnumbered

Feats:
1-dreadful wrath
3-intimidating rage
monk1-power attack
monk2-improved bullrush
6-imperious command
9-shock trooper
holy warrior-divine might

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »
A psychic warrior can be fully capable of looking like he's mundane. All it takes is a few Concentration checks and skillful use of feats, powers, and description.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

SolEiji

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Summon the Meteor Pony!
    • D&D Wiki.Org
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 06:07:02 AM »
Have you considered a Falcata from the APG if you want to focus on the criticals?  A 19-20/x3 looks very tasty to me.
Got homebrew?  I keep all my 3.5 homebrew on the D&D Wiki.org!
Current Count: 1333 pages by me and climbing!