Author Topic: A touch of evil  (Read 9873 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: A touch of evil
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
Blindsense and Blindsight both tell you the exact location of a creature.  Blindsense, however, doesn't allow you to see them unless you can actually see them, so unless you have some other means of perception they still have total concealment.  Blindsight allows you to "see" them even if you're in total darkness or whatever, so they don't get concealment.

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »
I figured I'd bump up this thread instead of making a new one, since this query pertains to the same character:

If he ever reaches level 18 (Dread Necromancer 8/Pale Master 10), my character will have many of the undead type immunities without actually being undead. Getting the Ghostly Visage familiar from Dread Necromancer makes him immune to mind-affecting effects, Pale Master 7 grants immunity to disease, non-lethal damage and stunning, and Pale Master 10 imparts immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, death effects, critical hits, ability drain, and energy drain, as well as damage to his physical ability scores.

That leaves only the blanket immunity to effects that elicit a fortitude save, as well as having to eat/sleep/breathe. If the character could protect himself from those, he'd effectively be an undead with a constitution score (and without the undead type, which is means he can't be turned either).

Any tips on snagging those last two factors? I figure it'll probably be more viable to simply boost the fortitude save as much as possible if not going for necropolitan.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 09:19:05 AM by Emo_Duck »

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2010, 08:29:29 AM »
Get a few of those headbands from the MIC that allows you to make a Concentration check in the place of a Fort save.

Vistella

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2010, 09:57:54 AM »
Clear Spindle Ioun Stone: Sustains creature without food or water.
Iridescent Spindle oun Stone: Sustains creature without air

solved^^

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2010, 03:50:44 PM »
Get a few of those headbands from the MIC that allows you to make a Concentration check in the place of a Fort save.
That, or Martial Study: Mind over Body, or a Ring of the Diamond Mind with that maneuver.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »
You already have Tomb-Tainted Soul, no doubt... Tomb-Born Vitality takes care of eating and sleeping.  You'd still have to drink water, though, but the water could be the most fetid crap ever given your other immunities.