Author Topic: Consolidated Binder Handbook  (Read 109559 times)

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Consolidated Binder Handbook
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »
I think I had gotten the rules confused with a previous character I played, a justicar with hogtie. Not a terribly powerful character, until he got dominated and turned against the party by a vampire. He almost took out the party single handedly through a combo of sneak attack and hogtie. Cleric managed a still silent spell to break the enchantment before being knocked unconscious.

When playing with that dm always play a caster and expect lots and lots of undead. I had tried playing something different from my norm and gotten burned hard.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2011, 02:12:46 AM »
Reading over grapple again unless you wanted to stop an enemy from speaking why would you pin them at all?
Preventing most actions while leaving your target alive (or at least incapacitated as you kill them) is actually not a bad idea most of the time, so long as you can pull it off with regularity.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
Except for speech though everything else is blocked by the grapple itself unless the opponent wins a grapple check, which they get while pinned anyway.

To bring this back to Binders though I'd love to try the Zagan bind as a halfling, goblin, or kobold. Counting as large for grappling would be great fun. Especially in an urban campaign where most of your opponents would be humanoids.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2011, 05:15:55 AM »
Oh, and let you find out what is happening the next day, who's planning what, etc.
Not true. Knowledge checks don't tell the future. Contact other plane is outside a binder's tier

Unless I'm missing something. Also your link is bad on the triad
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2011, 05:17:34 AM »
Oh, and let you find out what is happening the next day, who's planning what, etc.
Not true. Knowledge checks don't tell the future. Contact other plane is outside a binder's tier

Unless I'm missing something. Also your link is bad on the triad
um, you do realize that post is from two and a half years ago, right?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2011, 09:42:51 AM »
With Zceryll at Summon Monster VII you can summon a Movanic Deva which gets Divination 3/day and Commune 1/day in addition to 3 Knowledge skills at a +12 check. So you may as well be getting information from the future. Beats out Aastaroth the Diabolus of Baator with his one divination every 5 rounds. :)

Aastaroth alone gave my DM headaches with my ability to ask as many questions about an upcoming situation as I could think of. With the summons each question is coming from a different caster so has improved chances of being correct though it may take longer to get a successful check. (79% chance of success per casting of Divination)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2011, 04:43:38 AM »
um, you do realize that post is from two and a half years ago, right?
That's why I rarely use this subforum  :pout
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2011, 12:57:31 AM »
Wouldn't a one level dip in artificer maxed ranks in use magic device and binding 'Astaroth, the Unjustly Fallen' make one of the most potent crafting builds out there, since you'd have 90% of all crafting feats and 100% of all spell at your finger tips.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2011, 01:12:51 AM »
Wouldn't a one level dip in artificer maxed ranks in use magic device and binding 'Astaroth, the Unjustly Fallen' make one of the most potent crafting builds out there, since you'd have 90% of all crafting feats and 100% of all spell at your finger tips.

Potentially, but you'd probably want more levels in artificer; not only does it give you extra item creation feats (remember that Astaroth can only give you one item creation feat at a time, so if a certain feat has another item creation feat as a prereq you're out of luck), you might also want the ability to take 10 in UMD checks. Plus crafting reserve, which as small as it is at lower levels, is still better than using your own XP.

EDIT: Nevermind, the take 10 ability is only at level 13.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 01:16:14 AM by Kuroimaken »
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2011, 10:04:17 AM »
I'd recommend 5 levels in artificer for the ability to recycle XP from items and craft humonoculuses. If you were going to be craft focused. See if your GM would allow you to use anima mate with it and apply free Meta magic to your items during crafting without raising the crafting cost. Persist when applied to spell prerequisites that qualify can reduce the base cost of an continous use item by half, per the spells with duration of 24 hours or higher clause of the custom items table.