Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257422 times)

Drakon

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #1220 on: October 05, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »
Fledgling min/max'er, mathemagician, player of things cute, cuddly, and capable of ruining campaigns in one round or less.

Xor111

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1221 on: October 05, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »
Hi theren I'm mostly playing anima beyond fantasy right now but I may get back to DD at some point. Loving the numbers!

Smythe_R

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1222 on: October 07, 2011, 01:57:38 AM »
Here for the first time, for my first play-by-post game!

DocMeringue

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1223 on: October 07, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »
Here for the first time, for my first play-by-post game!
Also here for the first time - uber noob.

MrWiggles

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1224 on: October 08, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »
Hi, I'm Mr.Wiggles.

I've been role playing since I was about 5. My first rp game, was larping WoD, in Seattle Washington with the creators. I was my mom's wolf pup.

I'm amateur game designer, stuck in the awkward transition between needing art, and money.

I love all games. Well, except spelling games. Spelling games can go to hell.

I'm currently making a mush, (a text based role playing game), based heavily on Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher. It would take a long while to describe everything going on their.

I'm currently developing a wargame for smart phones. A science fiction space ship battling game. The catch here, is that its infinite in scale. Table tope wargames games, can either let you have capital ships, or fighters. If you have capital ships, fighters are abstracted. Vice versa. With it being on a smart phone, you can control both capital ships, and fighters, plus ships of in between scale, somewhat workable, with all the paperwork being behind the scene, handled by the smart phone.

I have an outline for a shonen comic mostly done. (Again, trapped by the lack of art and/or money.) About Alien invasions, the trials of being a hero. I have the main character die at the hands of one of the main characters.

I have very rough start on an X-Com/Stargate game. Somethign fun, that game from designing this game, is that you're x-com/sgc can become independent to Earth. Then they're allowed to come back, and invade Earth.

I have a rough start on a Civilization to Master of Orion 4X game. This has been very fun to design for. You have to marry the expected features of both.

I have an idea for a comic, about a squad of soldiers. Elite or something. And it host a host of ready to go stand by characters, as every mission they go on, I would randomly decide who would die.

appending_doom

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1225 on: October 09, 2011, 11:52:07 AM »
Hello, DND afficianado, occasional DM, player, and half-hearted plotter.

magotter

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1226 on: October 09, 2011, 01:51:09 PM »
Hello Lads and Lasses,

I'm a long time veteran of RPing; started in the late 80's at my FLGS. Spent most of the 90's between AD&D and WoD, with the occaisional Shadowrun game. Early 2000's saw me switch to 7th Sea for a very, very long time. However, since that section of AEG has completely gone under, I swapped back to D&D 3e a bit after 4e came out. Mind you, 4e's pretty okay, but it just feels too repetitive for me.

Can't really say I have a history of M/Ming, aside from being efficient with flaws in my WoD/MET days. Likewise, for a long time I tended towards roguelike PCs, but have since moved on to playing more Casterish types, with the occaisional gish.

Tao_Tzu

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1227 on: October 10, 2011, 08:30:42 AM »
"Hello all,

Don't mind me.  I just stepped out of the shadows to say 'Hi.'  <Casual wave.>

Ayup.

Alrighty then, you can go back to what you were doing."  <Ninja vanish.>

Ellohime

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1228 on: October 11, 2011, 02:28:27 AM »
Hey all.. I just wandered here looking for some build help.. im a slightly private person, so I just wanted to say hey.. and maybe ill add more when i get to know you guys a bit

KolyaMollari

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1229 on: October 11, 2011, 10:31:57 AM »
Name: Kolya
Games: DnD 3.5, White Wolf, chez geek, munchkin and the like
Why I'm here: for the past 6 years I have played White Wolf games exclusively, and from what I've read so far this forum has the most knowledgeable, and respectable people to help me get back into the fantasy genre of gaming

Bookethed

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1230 on: October 12, 2011, 11:22:45 AM »
Hey everyone!  I've tooled around on the forum for awhile but just now decided to make an account.  I'm mostly into DnD 3.5, with the occasional 4e, and i casually play video games, that is until skyrim comes out when i will proceed to isolate myself from the world, only getting up to get food.  In my group of DnDers, I'm the motivated one, the guy who tries to get everyone together to play and spends time on his characters.  I enjoy reading all of the min/max shticks, but my DM would smite me with the vengeful wrath of god if i ever took too many super powerful options, so most of my characters try to play off of only one shtick. Favorite class is barbarian, but I'm about to play a dwarf fighter/transmuter Gish.  I'm also an avid musician, playing the euphonium, trombone, and bass guitar. 

KristofferA

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1231 on: October 12, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »
Hi, my name is Kristoffer... And I'm an...
wait, this isn't a meeting.

Libertad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1232 on: October 13, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »
I'm Libertad, a long-time player of Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition and also dabbles in World of Darkness and Mutants & Masterminds.

I find out about this board from TV Tropes.  After checking out the "Handbook List" thread, I wanted to join.

JohnnyBravo

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1233 on: October 13, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »
Hi all!

I'm a mid-thirties gamer and have been playing D&D for some time now.  I could certainly broaden my RPG set as I've stuck primarily with 3.x D&D, Vampire: The Masquerade and a frail attempt at the original Shadowrun (oy what a mess).

I've recently resurrected my homebrew 3.5e setting - a magic-heavy world known as Majeria (forgive the obvious-ness; I came up with the name years ago).  If you're interested, check out our OP page http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/majeria.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

TryMeIke

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1234 on: October 15, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »
err. I'm a new member, joey stevens, who likes D&D. that's all I am willing to post at this point.  -_-'

gabrion

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1235 on: October 16, 2011, 12:32:14 PM »
I'm a left over from the 3.5 generation who needs forums from time to time to get my fix.  :)

RacerX103

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1236 on: October 16, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »
Like the above poster, I am a leftover 3.5 player who has been killing downtime building characters I will likely never get a chance to play.

Achillides

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1237 on: October 17, 2011, 02:29:11 PM »
Needs some advice to get the most out of my characters

VonKrieger

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1238 on: October 18, 2011, 06:55:21 AM »
Just here trying to find optimized builds for a Rogue/Chameleon for 3.5

Hektwr

• Noob
« Reply #1239 on: October 18, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »
Hi Ppl!!!  :D.....
That does not sound like me.... anyway I just to learn more about more stuff. Have a nice day and a better night