Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257509 times)

Marflarius

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #1180 on: September 11, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
Nickname's Marflar, Marflarian Templarian, Marflarius, or any other variation beginning with the first 7 letters!

True Name is Marfalarfagus, the Heavens Asunder and Obliterator of Galaxies.

Real name is Matt, Matthew, Autry, and any variation/combination of aforementioned, I am a SPC in the US Army and am CURRENTLY serving in Afghanistan, and am just now barely reaching my 4th month into this 12 month long tour. Pleasure to meet y'all!

Also I've been playing all forms of DnD since I was 7 (roughly 17 years ago now), and am a Husband + Father + Gamer + Soldier!

Jim.Davenport

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1181 on: September 11, 2011, 02:07:14 PM »
I've recently quit smoking and I want to punch the world in the face so these forums might prove a good distraction.

johnnya4344

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1182 on: September 12, 2011, 01:55:56 AM »
Name's John.  Sophomore in college who reminisces about the good old days of playing 3.5 in high school with my friends.  Now attempting to port over all of my builds to pathfinder so I can play.

sidneysockosai

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1183 on: September 12, 2011, 03:57:53 PM »
I'm a laid back D&Der in SoCal, been running about 5 years now.  I've got to say I enjoy a long running game with depth and realization of character goals rather than your typical dungeon crashing game.  I do my best work on the player side of the table but I'm known to run a couple scenarios.

Kethrian

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #1184 on: September 13, 2011, 02:27:52 AM »
Hi!

Longtime 3.Xe player, just stumbled across this forum and I'm quite glad to find that there's one that still caters to 3.Xe D&D players, and that's current!

Crippen

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1185 on: September 13, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »
Handle's Crippen, pleasure to meet you all.

I play primarily PF, but I'll try anything once.  Just started a new campaign, so I'll likely start looking for a little advice right off the bat.

LordMG

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1186 on: September 13, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »
Hi! I'm LordMG, but I'm actually a chick. LordMG is a reference to a character name. I'm joining 'cause I'm gonna be gaming with a group of friends from college. :0) I don't game real often, but it sounded like fun. If I game, it's WoW, generally. I have a level 40-ish night elf, but I haven't played in awhile. Nice to be here!

Thrallherd

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1187 on: September 14, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
Hey there!  I'm Thrallherd, but you can call me Thrall, TH, Herd, etc.  Most people just say Thrallherd.  The first D&D I played was the most recent edition, 4e, but after a while, I started exploring D&D 3.5.  I now play version 3.5 as PbP games, and dabble in 3.5 optimization, including, but not limited to, Ur-Priest abuse and dual-role builds.
Good to meet you all, and I hope to get to know you well!

patriciab_1

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1188 on: September 16, 2011, 01:57:16 AM »
G'day,  Overhere Aust. I'm  known as a 1935er, which ages me a bit but know matter  I.ve still got a brain that works and Genealogy has been my call these last few years,  it has taken alot of my time but then again I have the time.  My Elliot ancestors arrived in America in 1800's,    cheers,  Trish   ;)

sarlinspellweaver

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1189 on: September 16, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a long-time gamer (15+ years) and long-time lurker with an interest in pretty much all D&D up to Pathfinder (was introduced via my parents' heavily modified copy of the original game). Haven't really tried 4e, but having read most of the books that have come out, it doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

Tend to prefer spellcasters (who doesn't?), but usually builds that are high in flavour, and match the backstory of my character. I also collect and paint models, which I have by the tonnage.

Looking forward to being able to interact with the community here :)

sarlinspellweaver

jupi

• Monkey bussiness
  • I for one welcome our new steam-powered overlords
« Reply #1190 on: September 16, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »
Hello, all. This would be me introducing myself. I'm Jupi, in case you couldn't tell. I'm pretty new to D&D format roleplaying, but I've been on online roleplaying forums for longer than I care to admit.

I'm not sure what else to say. If I think of something, I'll add it later. :)

Snakebyte

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1191 on: September 16, 2011, 05:01:29 PM »
[Insert typical greeting here]

Twin Agate Dragons

• Monkey bussiness
  • Lord of Sarūnia
    • Sarūnia: A Pathfinder RPG Inspired Campaign Setting
TAD Sounding Off!
« Reply #1192 on: September 17, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »
Hello all! Twin Agate Dragons here!

I am a vlogger (aspiring for more subscribers), gamer and creator. My passions are The Sims 3, Pathfinder (and Pathfinder compatable products), watching movies/tv shows and drinking water.

I live to homebrew (and creating houses for my Sims). My main Pathfinder project is , but sometimes I can get burnt out on it and I work on side projects.

Lifter

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1193 on: September 17, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
Hello!

My college roommate introduced me to DnD back in 1985, and I've been gaming with the same group of guys off and on ever since.  My 14 and 11 y/o sons now play as well.  We currently play 3.5 a couple afternoons a month.  I have not participated in forums before, but am eager to learn from others who love gaming.

Debihuman

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1194 on: September 18, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »
Hi. I'm Debby and I've been playing table-top rpgs for almost 30 years.

I've written on other forums, mostly about monster creation in 3.5, and worked on several net-books including the Liber Mysterium and Bhu's Cat Burglar (a shout out to Bhu for introducing me to this forum). I was formerly a Forum Leader on WotC's Previous Editions' Monster and Races forum (using Debby and Debihuman there), helping people with their creations. I still critique the entries for the monster contests on the homebrew forum on Giant in the Playground's website.

Got a question or need feedback, don't hesitate to ask me.

frater

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1195 on: September 18, 2011, 09:07:35 PM »
Hello,

been playing since the 80's. Stumbled across this place researching character builds, seems like a good community. Looking forward to chatting

Paradox77

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1196 on: September 19, 2011, 03:18:10 AM »
Hi everyone.
Paradox here. 33 year old Australian, been gaming since 1990, starting with the old Red Box D&D set. Been enjoying the sites handbooks for some time, figured it was time to join the discussions as well.

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #1197 on: September 19, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »
Hi all, been gaming for about 20 years now.  I stopped by here for some CO info for my new 3.5 campaign and found it to be an interesting place^^ 

I'm a writer by profession, and I enjoy game theory as a hobby.  The main systems I get to play are Shadowrun, Star Wars SAGA, and D&D 3.5, though I really enjoy reading rpg rule books, so I know quite a few other systems as well.

Looking forward to contributing here =)

hymdohl

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1198 on: September 21, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
Hey! new here!, been gaming for a while now and sticking with 3.5  and pathfinder .. havent liked what I see in 4.0 :)

NorskVind

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1199 on: September 22, 2011, 04:45:42 AM »
I'm NorskVind and I want to use the search bar! :D

Also, I pretty much only drop by to check the handbooks section for pf or 3.5 when I need help with a particular class.