Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257563 times)

Hoebagger

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #1120 on: August 04, 2011, 11:41:04 PM »
Hello, I have been playing D&D unofficially since the mid 90's and officially since 2003.

I DM mostly and have put hundreds of hours into crafting campaigns that have all gone off with great success serving around 20 different players (so far). I am a big stickler for obeying rules, and very seldom allow home brewing (without reason), this is done primarily in a search for truth and purity in my gaming without allowing disgustingly weighted and unbalanced decisions to rock the boat of a relatively stable game system. 

I suppose I go for optimization, which led me here years ago after Wizards reformatted their forums.

glassgnawer

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1121 on: August 06, 2011, 03:20:05 PM »
Hello,

My name's Mike, i've been stalking this forum for quite a long time, came here via google when i was searching for a cleric handbook. I am an RPG player since 1996, but i don't have much experience with d&d system (i used to regard it as 'shallow' due to some silly superstitions). I discovered d&d 3.5 about a year ago and immediately fell in love with it, despite its balance issues and sometimes silly rules. I hail from Poland.
"Power is not a means, it is an end. (...) The object of power is power." - G. Orwell

ikaazu

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #1122 on: August 06, 2011, 09:55:44 PM »
Hello.  I am new to this board.  I am hoping that this forum will be a good place to get good game information help and tips.  Thanks.

parinho7

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1123 on: August 06, 2011, 11:20:21 PM »
Hi

I am parinho7, 26. Fanatic dnd player and metalhead. I'm from greece, also like football and olympiakos ftw:p

First played DnD when I was 19.

ryoso

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1124 on: August 06, 2011, 11:57:55 PM »
Hi!  I'm Rys, and I've been gaming for . . . dang, 21 years?

I'm a sometimes GM, but more devoted to playing quirky but competent PCs.  My group's current system kick has been Pathfinder.

PsionicRanger

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1125 on: August 08, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
Hi, PsionicRanger here!  Looking for a good community to bounce ideas off of, etc.

dmanus

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1126 on: August 08, 2011, 08:35:58 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I found out about this forum when I tried to find some old D&D 3.5 CO stuff.  It seems WOTC decided o use implosion on any 3.5 fans.  So far I've been really impressed with th great conversations here.  I look forward to urking and possibly contributing if I have time.   

FarmerGiles

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1127 on: August 08, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »
Hi ya! I'm a returning gamer in my late 20's playing DnD 3.5 again. A few of us are attempting to play a campaign using online software as we're all scattered across the UK. Should be cool but I need advice as it's been so long. Hope to learn a lot here!

KaNT

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1128 on: August 09, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »
Hey people, name's KaNT, been role playing for years. I play DnD, but when I GM, I tend more towards Scion, don't know why.
The only unforgivable mistake is a common one

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
(It started in a forest)

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #1129 on: August 09, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »
Hey people, name's KaNT, been role playing for years. I play DnD, but when I GM, I tend more towards Scion, don't know why.
Welcome, KaNT.  Most of my 3.5ers are in a Scion game as well (though I'm not).
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Lammler

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1130 on: August 10, 2011, 03:26:07 AM »
Hi,
after playing a few years some other RPGs like Earthdawn our GM had to settle somewhere far far away. So we returned to the system we have spent the most money on sourcebooks. Thats D&D 3.5. Gladly one of our players upped to be the new GM, meaning the rest of us needed to come up with new chars. As many of you will surely know the wizards forum is kinda.... well.... (fill in your own words of feeling about the wizards forum here). So I've been searching and searching and I found this forum. Thank god there are still people playing 3.5.

Lammler

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #1131 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:02 AM »
As many of you will surely know the wizards forum is kinda.... well.... (fill in your own words of feeling about the wizards forum here).

We have. Several times over.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Daedroth

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1132 on: August 10, 2011, 06:08:49 AM »
Im new here, im spanish and i have know this web since i saw  http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3452.0 searching on google.

rydhus

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1133 on: August 10, 2011, 09:28:08 AM »
Hi all!
My name is Jimmy and I play DnD for about 10 years now.
I've played almost all different classes, but I prefer a sneaky backstabber.

I'm looking to improve my skills as Rogue so I'm very interested in new build / ideas!

StatMonkey

• Monkey bussiness
  • I'm the Stat Monkey
    • Paradigm Concepts
    • Email
« Reply #1134 on: August 10, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
Greetings!

My name is Pedro Barrenechea, been a fan for some time..

I'm one of the guys from Paradigm Concepts (the guys who created Arcanis and Witch Hunter) and one of the lead system designers for the new Arcanis Role Playing Game that premiered at Origins this year. 

I'll be at Dragon*Con this year and hope to maybe, finally, meet the crew :o)

I have gamed one way or another for most of my life... (kind of scary when I think of it) and have played more systems then I can remember... (again kind of scary)

I play Table Top RPGs, Computer Games, Board Games, and once in a wile I might CCG... when I use someone else's deck.

Any questions... i might answer them... depending just on how much trouble i might get into.....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:55:12 PM by StatMonkey »
Pedro "StatMonkey" Barrenechea
Director & Rules Developer
Lesser God of Typos
Paradigm Concepts
Miami, Florida

Aranel

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1135 on: August 10, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
In all honesty I don't like leaking my life on the internet, so don't expect much. All I will say is that I've been playing D&D since about 2004/2005 and I prefer playing online campaigns. This is mainly due to the fact online ones are easier to organize. They do come with a drawback though. Chat lags, crashing, and the likes are not uncommon. Not to mention when people don't follow a specified posting order thus resulting in one or more players getting ignored during the dialogue/plot mode. The latter is mainly a DM issue though. Aside from that little rant I do live in the states, but which one will not be specified. My age shouldn't be important, but it will be stated to prove that I'm old enough to be here. 21.

superglucose

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1136 on: August 11, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
I'm Superglucose, some people 'round here might recognize me from the gitp or xkcd boards.  Here on a mission as it were ;)

hollowzen

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1137 on: August 11, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »
Im hollowzen
Just looking for help and ideas on various boards. Usually for greater flavor.  Favors 3.5

Placebo_24

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1138 on: August 12, 2011, 04:49:24 AM »
Hi.

I am a younger gamer who has been playing DnD with friends for awhile now.  I stumbled upon this site by accident, and decided to join because it was a great source of information.  I hope to learn a lot here.

Harald

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1139 on: August 12, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »
Hi everyone ! My name is Harald. Please pardon my English as it isn't my first langage ! I've played 3.5 for a few years, and I'm always lookinf for advices on how materialize a cool concept with an effective crunch behind.