Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257448 times)

John Michael Crovis

• Monkey bussiness
    • Raven Lake Games
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #1100 on: July 20, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »
Hello.

My name is John - I'm the webmaster of Raven Lake Games. I'm an amateur RPG author with only one game under my belt, so far. I've joined this forum to get feedback on my games and perhaps make some new acquaintances. Other than my own home-brew stuff, I'm a fan of D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder. I'll see you around on the boards...

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #1101 on: July 21, 2011, 02:06:40 PM »
Hi Welcome.  Wait, that came out wrong. . . .
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

peat

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1102 on: July 21, 2011, 11:06:11 PM »
Wotcha all.

My GM talked me into not being a prejudiced git who hated on D&D simply because it was trendy on various WoD boards (I was brought up wrong I was) and giving a game a go, so I promptly started looking for advice on how to make a good character.

And ended up here, and thought it would be rude to lurk. I've also ended up not really taking the advice, but that's a different matter...

Epistethi

• Monkey bussiness
  • All I do is win, win, win no matter what...
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #1103 on: July 22, 2011, 05:10:56 AM »
My GM talked me into not being a prejudiced git who hated on D&D simply because it was trendy on various WoD boards (I was brought up wrong I was) and giving a game a go, so I promptly started looking for advice on how to make a good character.

WoD? As in...World of Darkness? I haven't played that in a LONG freaking time. Since at least 2001.
\'Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation.\' -St. Augustine

ShoelessRob

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1104 on: July 24, 2011, 10:32:03 AM »
My name is Rob.  I play with D&D with some friends.  Tired of making boring characters and wanted some spice in my character so I came here.

CDTalmas

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1105 on: July 25, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »
Good mafterning folks,

I suppose you could call me CDT (pronounced "Cadet" or just by the letters themselves).  I'm 29, going on 30 in just a couple months.  I'm an avid D&D gamer and have played both 3.5 and 4E (I did play 2E AD&D for a few sessions, but we soon converted up to 3.0).  My group burned out on 4E and its many "new twists and turns" that Essentials and post material have provided, so I'm pretty much JUST a 3.5 player now :).  We play differing games every week, so there's almost never a dull moment.

I've been a fan of the BG forums for quite a while now.  Min/Maxing is a brand new world to me and I never fully realized just how much material was available out there.  So many magazines and books and combos I just never thought of.  At the moment, I'm looking for help with my cleric so I figured I'd join and ask!

lycanther

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1106 on: July 26, 2011, 01:46:00 AM »
I've been playing computer RPGs and MMOs since the 90's. I started playing a campaign based on 1st edition AD&D a few years ago, and am now playing 3.5 regularly.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #1107 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »
Hi!
From the nice little land called Finland. Live in Helsinki. Rpg career started as 16 years ago. Cthulhu, Paranoia, Cyberpunk, some other future games but mostly 2nd and 3-3,5 d&d. Some tabletops to, but never owned an army. Been lurking for a while now and got some inspiration from the boards for a few builds and now I need to make some simple questions.

The group I play in/with doesnt care for powergaming or any kind of optimazion.  I`m happy if they remember their bab correctly, (bonuses to hit? forget it). But we are having fun.  :D

Loosing my sanity one book at a time.  (Becouse books should NOT be burnt! Not even Mythos books. :smirk)

Now I need an avatar. Halp!
Heading to RopeCon this year? Before you ask, no, I am not from Helsinki.

Handy Links

hurricane

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1108 on: July 27, 2011, 06:15:14 PM »
Hi, I am female and I have too much time on my hands that I devote to very productive activities like gaming. (it is more fun than cleaning)
I try to keep out of trouble.

Zeegen

• Monkey bussiness
Hey everyone I'm Zeegen
« Reply #1109 on: July 27, 2011, 08:37:14 PM »
I'm a 21 yr old male from Indiana. I'm a D&D DM of many years, I prefer 3.5 and Pathfinder.
A friend of mine showed me this site, and so far it looks amazing.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
Re: Hey everyone I'm Zeegen
« Reply #1110 on: July 27, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
I'm a 21 yr old male from Indiana. I'm a D&D DM of many years, I prefer 3.5 and Pathfinder.
A friend of mine showed me this site, and so far it looks amazing.

Where in Indian... PF? Nm...  ;)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #1111 on: July 28, 2011, 07:46:08 AM »
Hi, I am female and I have too much time on my hands that I devote to very productive activities like gaming. (it is more fun than cleaning)
I try to keep out of trouble.
Very, very productive indeed.

Handy Links

Blind Sight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • What am I doing there?
    • Email
« Reply #1112 on: July 28, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
My name is Timothy. I've only been playing 3.5 for about a year, but I own all and have read most of the books. I love designing campaigns and mapping dungeons in my spare time, and I like to optimize when I can, but I always stay true to the flavor of the character I'm trying to make. Currently running a Tiefling Conjurer, only ECL 2, the finished build is Conjurer 5/ Divine Oracle 2/ Lore Master 4/ Initiate of the Seven Fold Veil 7/ And probably a level of Archmage to quickly pick up Spell Power to my CL.

Merkwerdigeliebe

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1113 on: July 28, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
I'm 23. Relatively new to 3.5, but have a personality that compulsively lends itself to optimization. Been lurking the forums here for the past few weeks. Hope to one day feel confident enough with the rules to contribute.

MythMage

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1114 on: July 29, 2011, 01:23:58 AM »
Greetings and salutations! My name is David, and I'm a game designer for Pathfinder RPG looking to broaden my forum horizons. Discovered this site courtesy of a fellow from Dicefreaks, which is my usual RPG stomping ground. You can see my work over there and in the upcoming Mor Aldenn Campaign Setting from Headless Hydra Games. I'm currently playing PF and Mage: the Awakening.
Everything I wanted to know about the planes I learned at Dicefreaks.

Project leader of Songs of the Sidhe (Developing fey and Faerie with cohesive flavor and mechanics that extend from 1st level to high-epic)

Caiphon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1115 on: July 30, 2011, 07:45:12 PM »
Hey guys!
Well, Im a writer, I'm male and I met d&d a while ago, started with 4th edition and was recently introduced to 3.5, so I'll be lurking and commenting here every once in a while, hope to talk to you soon
Caiphon  :)

EruditeWarApe

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1116 on: August 03, 2011, 01:17:20 AM »
Hello!

I've been playing for 16 years or so. I love DMing, and I'm here to get advice on running better games.

sinistas

• Monkey bussiness
  • I Await The Waves
    • Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal
    • Email
« Reply #1117 on: August 03, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
Hey, I'm Scott.  Played 2E a bunch back in the day, had a lull of about 10 years, just got into 3.5.  We'll see how it goes, lol.
My band, Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Estariol

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1118 on: August 03, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Andrew and i am from Greece! I started playing Dnd back in the early days of 3rd Edition and i have been playing ever since...
I am currently a player in 3 campaigns (one is Pathfinder system based) and i am DMing two other campaigns (one 3.5 edition campaign set in a custom made world and one 4th Edition, set in the Dark Sun campaign setting).

I 've been reading these forums for quite some time, and decided it was time for me to make an account so that i can post & comment from time to time, so i guess  I'll be seeing you around... :)

Estariol
A wise wizard once said: "A player is never late nor is he early...He arrives precisely when the plot dictates he should!"

The Tygre

• Monkey bussiness
  • Veneficus Esoterica
    • Email
« Reply #1119 on: August 04, 2011, 12:18:06 PM »
Hi howdy, everyone! I'm from over on GitP and finally decided to join up here. Hope that we can all get along!
"And he said, 'Dance before us, atrocious nothing.'"