Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257433 times)

scarletsorcerer

• Noob
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #1000 on: May 10, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »
Hello all!

I stumbled across this website after reading through a handbook on another website. I tried to search the forum for one I was looking for (favored soul, at the time) but it said I had to be registered to search. So here I am. Sorry about that. :P

- scarletsorcerer

Antious

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1001 on: May 12, 2011, 05:44:47 AM »
I'm Antious, or Ant if you prefer, and I'm here to browse and such :)

andrikos

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1002 on: May 12, 2011, 01:18:41 PM »
Hello,
I am well another D&D fanatic and I am here to (lawfully)rock...

I do agree on the terms,

Cheers

Spring Haze

• Monkey bussiness
  • Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
« Reply #1003 on: May 16, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »
I am new. I hope to get optimisation advice for spellcasters.

Mordanekain

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1004 on: May 18, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
I used to be with it, then they changed what it is, now what it was isnt it any more and what it is is strange and scary to me.

Al Ciao

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1005 on: May 19, 2011, 11:44:55 AM »
Hello, im relatively new to rpgs in general, but i have devoured various rulebooks for games (3.5, 4e, mutants and masterminds, gurps and gurps powers, rifts, the primal order, and star wars saga edition), and am reading several more (fireborn, icons, amber diceless, hellas, nobilis, dungeons the dragoning). My play experience has thus far only been 4e the last six months, during which i subbed several times as dm in an encounters session and got good feedback.

I like optimizing characters, but i try not to overdo it, cuz it can really alienate people. As a dm, my style is rather permissive. I fudge numbers sometimes (usually in players favor), arbitrarily decide whether a monsters power recharges (if half the party is down, it doesnt recharge, for example, or if the pcs are kicking butt, it definitely recharges), and try to let creative efforts be at least partially effective. Basically, the kind of dm i woulld like to play with.

Jrussell82

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1006 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
Hi.  I'm a male in the late 20's.  I'm also a Sagittarius who knows how to spell check when necessary.  However, my gaming experience currently consists of a weekly D&D 3.5 ed game, one as a DM and one as a player.  I've also played Shadowrun 4E, GURPS 3E, D&D 4E, and a few others as well that I can't think of off-hand.  I'm also familiar with a decent number of other rulesets (L5R, nWoD and a decent handle on Paranoia!).

I've been lurking the forums for a long while now and was re-directed here originally from the old Gleemax boards and from GitP, primarily from the CO and TO boards.

AshleyJoe

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1007 on: May 20, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »
I'm a gamer chick that has been playing 3.0 and 3.5 for years. I usually play rogues and sorcerers... my group is doing gestalt chars for the first time and some of them have come up with some pretty complex characters... I have decided that unless I ask for help, my character is going to be very weak compared to theirs, so I NEED HELP!!!!!

cmakonline

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1008 on: May 22, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
Hey all!

I have played 2.0 and 3.0 for a number of years.  I haven't had a chance to play in a while, and just getting back into it.  They are using 3.5 and I need some help with char stuff

clash42

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1009 on: May 22, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »
Hi All!

I'm a late 20's full time college student, and I love RPG's.

tuesdayscoming

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1010 on: May 24, 2011, 04:46:59 AM »
Howdy, everybody! Name's tuesdayscoming, and I'm new to these boards as a poster (obviously), but have been reading them for a while now. I've been more active on Giant in the Playground forums, where I go by the same moniker.

I'm thrilled to become a contributing member of this community, which has already done so much for my own personal gaming experience!  :D

Spatulaodoom

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1011 on: May 25, 2011, 01:09:19 AM »
Greetings folks, I'm Spatula of Doom. I came across the messageboard through DnDonlinegames and decided to stop here for a spell and look around. Glad to be joining this community of (hopefully) fine people.

I just recently left my job to go back to school in hopes of picking up a degree.

savagehominid

• Monkey bussiness
  • I get my own jokes
    • Email
« Reply #1012 on: May 26, 2011, 01:11:03 PM »
I am SavageHominid, aka Justin. I'm 22 and I want to be cantankerous old man when I grow up, like my hero Ric Flair.

I've been listening to the BGess for awhile, and I finally decided to join the boards. I like old PC games, and my favorite Tabletop games are Burning Wheel and Lacuna.

Here is my twitter, where I post inane shit all...the...time. https://twitter.com/#!/savagehominid

My Blog - http://lifeofahominid.blogspot.com/
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/savagehominid
I am: Comedian 81% - Instigator 81% - Rules Lawyer 50% - Drama Queen 44% - Do-gooder 44% - Combat Monster 44% - Goldbricker 13% - Munchkin 6%

(figures don't it?)

axel0rd

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #1013 on: May 27, 2011, 05:28:29 AM »
Hi! I'm Axel0rd :D

Tve

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1014 on: May 27, 2011, 07:36:50 AM »
Hi all..

Long time reader, finally pulled myself together to reigister - so here I am :)

/ Tve..
"Hexblade unplayable you say, mmm? I'll take that challenge - fetch my books!"

damoncasale

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1015 on: May 27, 2011, 02:05:36 PM »
Since the rules are that I have to reply to threads twice before I can search or start a new thread, I'm replying here, but I'd rather just post and get an optimization question answered.

Thanks...

Damon

Mudkipz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1016 on: May 28, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »
Hello, I am teh Mudkipz, who was recently directed here from Giant in the Playground.

DeSt

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #1017 on: May 29, 2011, 02:59:55 AM »
Hi, i'm DeSt, long-time lurker.

CaligstroSmith

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #1018 on: May 29, 2011, 03:41:15 AM »
Hey, I'm Caligstro Smith, or Cal, or Calig, or Smith, or however you feel like shortening that mouthful, as long as I can tell you're addressing me.   :)

I play 3.5 D&D, Exalted, Rifts, and I've played Stars Without Number, 1st edition D&D, and Bunnies and Burrows. 

I found this place googling an optimization, and I've decided this is a pretty cool forum.  Thanks for this awesome community. 

Bandari

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #1019 on: May 29, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »
Hi, I'm Bandari, and I'm an alcoholic, I mean gamer.  Been playing for longer than I can remember, and I'm not quitting now.