Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257410 times)

chuji

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #960 on: April 13, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »
Hello folks,

Law student, twenties, cooking virtuoso, dedicated gaymer (yes, you read it right) here. Been playing roleplaying games since I was like 12 or something. About 5 or 6 years ago me and my fellow friends decided we would give D&D a fair chance, and to some degree we got hooked on it. So here I am, lurking threads in search for the perfect cheese fondue.

MADDGOAT

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #961 on: April 14, 2011, 11:35:41 PM »
Hi,

New to this board, but have been playing D&D in one form or another for years.

Xan

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #962 on: April 16, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »
Hello there,

I'm from Poland (somewhere between Baator and Abyss, but still in Europe) and I've been playing RPG, especially D&D, for 2,5 years. Not sure what I could say here, I'm mainly gamer who loves mysterious and powerful characters... for their power and mysteries ;]

Playing almost every weekend, it wouldn't be falsehood if I said that I've got some experience in this matter. I prefer D&D 3.5... but saying thing like that is boring!

"Xenshenasa-prietokana'hazhulakhan!", die evil monsters, cos I'm mihty Truenamer :P Now running incredibly long-looking campaign with some crazy DM.

What can I say? Hello, guys, one more time.

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #963 on: April 17, 2011, 02:56:30 AM »
"Xenshenasa-prietokana'hazhulakhan!", die evil monsters, cos I'm mihty Truenamer :P Now running incredibly long-looking campaign with some crazy DM.
ouch...

JK truenamers are very cool and flavorful but please ask anyone on BG what they think of truenamers (solo of course being the exception) and you will get an earful

I just wish they worked. =(
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Benane

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #964 on: April 17, 2011, 09:55:35 AM »
Hi all,
I'm a d&d 3.5 and mtg player, browsing for some d&d 3.5 builds atm

guess we'll meet in other discussions then

rainman

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #965 on: April 17, 2011, 12:31:58 PM »
Hello everyone:

My name is Ray and I'm from Halifax, Nova Scotia. I've been gaming for about 25 years starting with the original D&D and now with the 3.5 edition. I look forward to chating with some of you for amusement and advise.

nimdok

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #966 on: April 17, 2011, 05:08:56 PM »
Nimdok
University student in Taiwan
Was preparing to do 4e with some Ukrainians
but their only GM who would play in English stopped GMing

Now reading 3.5e rules to play in the tabletop club(Not enought 4e translated for them to play)
Preparing to unleash the clericzilla upon the Newbie DM

JynxSilverfoot

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #967 on: April 17, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
Oh hi there, my name is Jeff.   I am 24 years old from South Carolina. I play Dnd 3.5, Mtg, Pathfinder in the near future, and dabbled in Wow. Been playing Dnd since I was 16, currently playing a Cleric, a Monk, and a Rogue in three different campaigns. Hoping I can provide insight to those who seek it and also find some of my own while doing so.
DM "You can do that?????"
Me "Only if you let me. You should say no to be safe."
DM "Ok then, no that isn't allowed."
Me "Good call, I appreciate your learning skills. You level up as a DM and I get to work harder to be amazing. We both win. Expect this meeting to happen every time I level."

Azagtot

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #968 on: April 17, 2011, 10:32:15 PM »
Hello people,
long time DM (D&D and later AD&D originally, in the 90s), but skipped 3.0 entirely and am now DMing a 3.5 game. Disappointed in the 4.0 system, but still find it useful for certain types of gaming. Here to extend, maximize and probably persist, eventually, our 3.5 game. I've really enjoyed your boards and love the community here. I might eventually post some of the builds used by the party, and some of the encounters and adventure ideas I'm using to keep it in peril.

soulseeeker_x

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #969 on: April 19, 2011, 04:34:55 AM »
Early twenties, lost somewhere in between DMing and PCing, but not as good as I'd like to...

Steam

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #970 on: April 19, 2011, 03:19:11 PM »
Early 20s, did a little D&D years ago, currently doing a few online RPs and going to be the mod for one.  Mainly prefer single-player videogames, really.
"While I'm away, will you please take care of yourself?  [Alcohol] is not good for your health."
"Alcohol is humanity's friend.  Can I abandon a friend?"
"Even if people think so, what about the alcohol?"
"It's always alcohol's real wish to be drunk."

SpaceLlama

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #971 on: April 19, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »
I love DnD, I'm constantly scouring through books and it's Spring Break, Woo woo!

Ibenadar

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #972 on: April 20, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »
I'm an old-skool player back from when there wasn't any this monsters as PCs, if you where a non-human that was your class  :fu  I realised I played RPGs for so long last week that some of my dice are older than one of the players.  (Wouldn't be so bad, but she's currently working on her PhD)

Joining up to the forum because I've joined a new campaign where the DM said "If it's in source 3.x WotWC mats you can you use it.".  We gave 4.0 a quick go and decided we didn't want to play Trading-Card (R) RPG.

Got to say some of us have unbalanced the game so enjoying all the info-sources for beefing up the rest of the party.  Although I think next session we should just kill samurai outright.

Viktyr Korimir

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #973 on: April 20, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »
I'm Viktyr Korimir. I play some, I design some, but I don't really claim to be good at either. I'm hoping to get better.

kurohi818

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #974 on: April 21, 2011, 10:29:11 PM »
So far I've only played a homebrew version of VtM, but I enjoy planning out characters from various games and have worked on a few D&D characters.

Otherwise I tend to prefer SRPG's with Disgaea being my favorite series.

krotana

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #975 on: April 22, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »
Hello,
I am from Slovakia, started playing DnD way way back on the high school and hooked up on it since then. Mostly doing DMing, following this board for something over a year by now.
K.

Halna

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #976 on: April 22, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »
I am Halna! I come from Giantitp, where I learned the art of optimization, and wish to improve myself here!

DrPhro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #977 on: April 22, 2011, 09:51:05 PM »
Hey guys I'm pretty new to dnd. I've been involved for a couple of years but only started to get into it more recently. I very much enjoy 3.5 and have been lurking the forums for quite some time so I decided to finally jump in.

Alternator

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #978 on: April 23, 2011, 01:28:57 AM »
Was Lusden Veharo on Gleemax back in the day, though I doubt anyone remembers me.  Only semi-notable thing I produced was the Silly Literalist for the 100^10 challenge, though I'm working on some NPC optimization for low-level games to share.  Mostly I play play-by-post by now.

vagrant_geek

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #979 on: April 23, 2011, 03:59:28 PM »
Hi
I'm 23 y.o., a lazy girl, mostly playing D&D, Pathfinder and (gasp) WoD, but recently reading new and exciting systems to broad my horizons and start my (not so) new carreer as a GM.