Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257564 times)

dunetraveller

• Noob
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #920 on: March 21, 2011, 12:57:57 AM »
Hi all. Long time gamer. Been playing since around 1978 or so. Many different games, but I still play D&D 3.5 and soon to be playing "zero level" for the first time since those early days. I remember being able to fit a whole character comfortably on a 3 x 5 index card... ahhh the days of long ago. I also remember dying.... A LOT! :banghead  Ahhh the days of long ago.

John

beserking

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #921 on: March 21, 2011, 01:35:59 AM »
Hello. I'm relatively new to D&D, been playing infrequently for about a year. At first I dismissed the game but it was rather more engaging than I thought after I first tried it. Here's hope to more years of gaming!

Silver Night

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #922 on: March 21, 2011, 02:01:21 AM »
Hey there, bit of a D&D newbie. I like the complexity offered by 3.5, I think, mroe than the rules for 4. Anyway, howdy.

Awesomo Moustachio

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #923 on: March 21, 2011, 03:00:14 AM »
Hello all,

On and off gamer, bouncing between Vampire: The Requiem and D&D 3.5e.

I hope I am able to contribute to these forums with some of my experiences...

slento

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #924 on: March 22, 2011, 05:50:40 AM »
Hey I'm from Washington. I hope to learn so voodoo magic or something and carry it back to my group to make our play style less hack and slash

ILM

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #925 on: March 22, 2011, 01:41:19 PM »
Hey all. Old time gamer, used to play 3.5e in college, then started working and all so had to give that up. For a while I did some monstly abstract character optimization and build search, just because it amused me to kick the rules in the shins :). Apparently this is the new scene, so here I am :).

groendraakie

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #926 on: March 23, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »
Hi All,
I've been playing since 1990 or so. Started with Advanced D&D and got stuck in 3.5th edition, which I play regularly here in Almere, Holland.

P.S. I agree with Ze Rulez

NeBr8D

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #927 on: March 25, 2011, 03:21:39 AM »
Hoy Hoy,

I've been browsing here for close to a year now and figured I should prolly join.

I've been playing D&D since late 80's.  I mainly played Advanced 2nd Ed back then but I did play a bit of reg AD&D and basic.  I really liked the Advanced 2nd 2nd Ed rules.   :banghead

We switched to 3rd when it came out and then to 3.5.  We basically refuse to switch to 4th.  I've never even tried it. 

Aliek

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #928 on: March 25, 2011, 11:31:31 PM »
Well, here goes a little introduction.

I'm not so experienced on the D&D side of life, but I like it a lot, and I've been lurking on these boards for a couple weeks. Just today, I've decided to register, so I could be a part of this community, instead of just an observer.

Socko525

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #929 on: March 26, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »
Long time lurker, looking to actually start contributing!

TheAbyssDragon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #930 on: March 27, 2011, 04:07:44 PM »
I feel like I created my account ages ago and am just now getting around to activate it.

I'm a long time player and DM. My older brother plays, so I was introduced at a young age. I follow the belief that you should build strong characters and that it doesn't hinder your ability to roleplay. Unfortunately I've had a rough time staying in an active campaign, so most of my builds get archived and go unplayed.

Acolyte346

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #931 on: March 27, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
Been playing for a couple years, got drawn in by the Artificer's Handbook, then the Complete MacGyver, and it just spiralled from there.

Mostly playing 3.5e/Eberron/Pathfinder or Palladium.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #932 on: March 28, 2011, 04:55:40 AM »
Hi, I was a big fan of the WotC optimization boards, but since 4e and the 3.x boards falling apart, I started looking around and found this place.

I have been playing 3.x since 3rd came out, and have tried but disliked 4e.

Heavyman

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #933 on: March 28, 2011, 03:56:58 PM »
I'm Heavyman, a name I've earned in most games for being the tank, or the guy with the machinegun. I've been playing 3.5 for five years now, and I have yet to play a game of 4th Edition. At first glance, I was a bit hesitant to play it, but now from what others have told me, it might be fun. I'll check it out whenever I get the chance. I would like to play second edition at some point. My favorite classes are warlock and duskblade....

I can't really think of much else to say.

DDNF

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #934 on: March 29, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »
'lo!
I'm Johan, a 20-year old university student from Sweden.
I'm, sadly, not that active as a D&D player, still in my learning phase. I do however play a crapload of videogames whenever I get the free time.
And read nerdy books. And comics.
Cheers!
Who was that man? Where did he come from? Why was he here? And WHY did he have half a cantaloupe on his head?

Malistroi

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #935 on: March 29, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »
   Hello, I'm a veteran of 1e and 2e (from about '86 to '96) in his late 30s who basically missed all of 3e and 3.5 due to med school/internship/residency and so forth. Lately the tabletop bug has bitten me again hard, and after getting the old group back together and looking over 4e and Pathfinder, we decided to go with Pathfinder as our core setting. While I was a very savvy 1 and 2e player, the research I've done thus far has served only to show me how much I DON'T know regarding how much the game has changed. I hope to get to know everyone on these boards, and with luck you can bring me into 21st century tabletop so I'm not playing a gimp.  :lol

Our group will be running the Carrion Crown AP, starting in a couple of weeks, and hopefully with the insight of these boards I can build an effective and interesting character. I've played virtually every class over the years but Wizards were usually my niche. I look forward to some great theorycrafting and discussions!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #936 on: March 29, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
   Hello, I'm a veteran of 1e and 2e (from about '86 to '96) in his late 30s who basically missed all of 3e and 3.5 due to med school/internship/residency and so forth. Lately the tabletop bug has bitten me again hard, and after getting the old group back together and looking over 4e and Pathfinder, we decided to go with Pathfinder as our core setting. While I was a very savvy 1 and 2e player, the research I've done thus far has served only to show me how much I DON'T know regarding how much the game has changed. I hope to get to know everyone on these boards, and with luck you can bring me into 21st century tabletop so I'm not playing a gimp.  :lol

Our group will be running the Carrion Crown AP, starting in a couple of weeks, and hopefully with the insight of these boards I can build an effective and interesting character. I've played virtually every class over the years but Wizards were usually my niche. I look forward to some great theorycrafting and discussions!
The most important thing if you're entering 3e from 1e/2e is, as far as I know about the latter two, to forget any and all assumptions and look at 3.X as basically a different system. All of them. It will make everyone happier.

And while I'm posting, welcome to everyone on this page (and everyone before that, I guess, but I'm lazy).
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Grimderp

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #937 on: March 31, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
Hello! I'm obviously new here, so...

I'm in my early twenties, and I love roleplaying. I'm not sure how good I am at it, but I do enjoy it. I am generally willing to try most systems or settings out, and enjoy playing different characters. Though, admittedly, for a while I stuck almost specifically to rogues, bards, and bard-rogues. I like reading about new settings and character concepts, since I don't think I'm particularly good at crunch and mechanics. I've played nWoD, DnD 3.5e and 4.0e, Unisystem, Paranoia (I believe it's the latest, though it may have been XP?), d20 modern, and I'm going to be in an Exalted game starting this coming week. Those are the only ones I've actually played, though I do have a list of other ones I'd love to try at some point in the future/near-future. I used to play video games a lot, almost rpgs exclusively, but lately have found myself disinterested in actually playing them. Sometimes I just like watching other people play them. I enjoy books on occasion, and...honestly I don't really have much more to add, I guess? So, uh. Hi.

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #938 on: March 31, 2011, 01:01:08 PM »
Well hello there  :D I figured that as much time as I spend reading this site I should start getting involved in it and doing that communication thing :o So about me, I like long walks on the blasted planes of existence, drinking the blood of my enemies, and smiting zombies with my shotgun

For gaming purposes I am mainly a PC gamer who dabbles in the 360, and yes I am a DnD (3.5) addict who is about to explore pathfinder. So hello again :D
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

CrimsonDeath

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #939 on: April 01, 2011, 09:18:34 PM »
I used to frequent the official WotC Psionics, Character Optimization, and Theoretical Optimization boards prior to and shortly after the release of Fourth Edition.  I even suffered through Gleemax.  Some of you may remember me from such threads as the 2007 Halloween Character Optimization competition.  (I hear Oliver still gives Krusk nightmares.)  I'm still playing 3e and my friends generally consider my characters as evidence that characterization and optimization can coexist fruitfully.  I may not say much on the board, but when I do, I'll try to make it helpful and relevant.  Don't be surprised if I disappear for months at a time; I'll probably be back eventually.