Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257430 times)

Aldrick

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #880 on: February 27, 2011, 11:55:40 PM »
I've seen a lot of links pointing to these forums recently - especially through Google.  I've been working to build a new 3.5 D&D character and from all that I've seen these forums appear to be the ideal place.

godzilla5939

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #881 on: February 28, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »
Hi all,

I enjoy dungeons and dragons 3.5 and pathfinder. I recently started experimenting in character op and heard this was a place with a good community who would be helpful so I'm here  :D

Oblivion

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #882 on: February 28, 2011, 12:50:54 PM »
Hello! Some friends at GitP recommended that I join here, so here I am! ^_^

oni5115

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #883 on: March 01, 2011, 10:38:30 PM »
Hiya, not entirely new here though just registered. Used to lurk the forums back when my main group played D&D for CO information.  Playing D&D again and the WotC forums are a mess (blue screen of doom links) so I've come back here to stay.  This really seems to be the place for 3e CO and information.  So much good stuff here.  :D

I played a couple games Magic The Gathering, D&D 3e, Munchkin, GURPS, Vampire the Masquerade, and maybe a few others I can't recall at the moment.  Currently going to be playing D&D 3e again - and maybe something else if the other group ever stops playing COD and stuff long enough to make characters and play a game session.  :lol

I am male, if that matters, and currently reside in the frozen wastelands of hell... err I mean Michigan.  Same difference right? <insert buried in snow smiley>

Illian

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #884 on: March 02, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »
Just Joined a DnD game after being away from the hobby for a while and this seems like the best place to get character building advice  :)

EnigmaTrain

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #885 on: March 02, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
Hey, I've lurked two handbook threads for a couple weeks to get a good handle on the Psion and Sorcerer characters I'm building for two budding 3.5e campaigns in my area - looking to get a membership for advice tailored to me :D

PipTheBlue

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #886 on: March 03, 2011, 06:02:32 AM »
Hi!

I'm pretty excited about the d20 system in general. Since my tabletop sessions are pretty scarce these days and I have loads of character ideas I'd like to try out, I thought I'd give PbP a shot.

Also, I sometimes roam these boards for advice on my slowrunning tabletop game.

zeroasterisk

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #887 on: March 03, 2011, 07:35:34 PM »
Lame high school student enjoying his 'senior spring' - here to get some 3.5 D&D advice.

miz redavni

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • all your planets are belong to us
    • Email
« Reply #888 on: March 04, 2011, 10:44:03 AM »
hello there peoples. i am miz redavni. i am 21 and im not really sure what to say...

Noble Von Blunderbus

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #889 on: March 04, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »
I came here to see what sort of insane and broken things that other people with access to 3.5 edition come up with. I hope to contribute along those lines... Otherwise good to be here! :D

Omarvelous

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #890 on: March 05, 2011, 12:36:53 AM »
Hello, my name is Omar and I'm a gamer in Florida.  I'm dating SheWolf and friends with AfterCrescent through her.  I have very little DnD experience (very sporadic play since High School) but am now part of a group that plays regularly with either one of the two aforementioned DMing.

tmittelstadt

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #891 on: March 05, 2011, 08:23:03 PM »
I was introduced to D&d as a kid in the early 80'. Been playing weekly since the mid 90's (3.5 the last 5 or 6 years). Tried my first bard about 1 1/2 years ago, and went through 3 or 4 bards in a couple sessions. Trying to make the bard work led me to these forums. The handbooks have been a great help.

Trog

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Trog's Head
« Reply #892 on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:56 AM »
Er... Hi.

*looks around*

This isn't the twelve step program is it? Trog was just looking for the bar and uh...

*stares at someone off camera for a bit*

It isn't? Introductions are done here you say?

Very well.

*puffs a bit, thinking*

Trog is a troglodyte. Which means that trog is a bipedal lizard-like creature with a uh... fin... atop his head. Which uh... got house-ruled in from a previous edition, really.

What people may not know is that the stench of troglodytes is usually something attributed to our fierce habit of chain smoking. And our supposed evilness comes from either too much drink or too little. Mostly we're cuddly, really. And perhaps a bit snarky in a good-humored self-effacing sort of way. Or at least Trog is. The other ones Trog doesn't speak for really.

Anyhow uh...
*raises hat* Pleased to meet ya.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #893 on: March 06, 2011, 11:35:03 AM »
More GitP migrants? Tis the season.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #894 on: March 06, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
I'm left to wonder just how much word-of-mouth propaganda Prime has been doing.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Trog

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Trog's Head
« Reply #895 on: March 06, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »
Not here due to anyone's propaganda. :P

Just due to a... let's call it a difference of opinion... and to meet new cool people.  :D

And uh... get my geek on. >>;

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #896 on: March 06, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
Of course not. :ninja (Shush Agita)
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Trog

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Trog's Head
« Reply #897 on: March 06, 2011, 02:43:34 PM »
Of course not. :ninja (Shush Agita)
Heh! I'm liking this place already.  :marx

dasbif

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #898 on: March 06, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »
Hi all, I'm new here, and pretty new to DND.  I'm currently playing my first campaign that has lasted more than three sessions, and am all the while brainstorming new character ideas and concepts.

I'm here to ask questions and learn new tips and tricks I wasn't aware of!

Avehn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #899 on: March 07, 2011, 12:33:01 AM »
Hey, Avehn here. I'm new, getting back into D&D after an extended absence, thought it'd be nice to chat about stuff somewheres.