Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257399 times)

ThisGuy01

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #860 on: February 18, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
...I...well...i like turtles ;)  that's just how i roll....and if you couldn't guess by my ambiguous name, I'm a male.  21, live in North Dakota and work in a bar, but I promise, my redneck is at a very minimum.  I've played Anima, D&D, M:TG, and I've sampled other things, but I've always come back to good ol' 3.5 D&D, because I know that my books and dice will always comfort me.

twoswords

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #861 on: February 19, 2011, 12:46:19 AM »
New guy. Played all kinda games for a long time. Found this place as I was looking for info for a new campaign, as a GM. Now also browsing to try to find info as a player in a new campaign.

Xavier319

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #862 on: February 20, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »
Hey there, long time D&D player, new poster. Mostly just read stuff up until this point.  Had a couple of rules questions, and could not figure out how to post it except in an existing thread, so figured I might as well say hi.  been playing D&D for about 19 years, love it.  Keep on keepin' on!

Slider

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #863 on: February 21, 2011, 03:58:12 AM »
Hey folks, long time player of D&D, (longer than I care to admit)  :P
I just recently found this sight (dang new-fangled computers) liked what I saw, decided to join into the discussion.

Slider

beardman

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #864 on: February 21, 2011, 06:04:54 PM »
Hello there.

I recently found this site and decided to join.  I've played DnD for the last decade or so and M:TG before that.  I uh like um stuff.

Aedh

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #865 on: February 22, 2011, 01:53:56 AM »
I just started playing D & D 3.5e.  The last time I played D & D was when 2.0 just came out and whoaaa, the game has changed.  Mental overload. o.O

Lots of good threads here so thought I'd join. /cheers
"People are rendered sociable by their inability to endure solitude, that is to say, their own society. They become sick of themselves  It is this vacuity of soul that drives them to intercourse with others..." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Sancho

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #866 on: February 22, 2011, 05:02:41 AM »
Well I've been playing D&D for about 12 years, have played Rifts for about the same (however less extensively), I also play MTG, and World of Warcraft.  For the most part I find the D20 system to be the easiest RPG base I've ever played or run, and as far as I'm concerned 4th ed. never happened.

Oh, and I strongly dislike Hippies.

:shakefist damned hippies.

karzzak

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #867 on: February 22, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

player/gm since the end of the 90's, i used this forum to create some of the vilains of the planescape campaign (d&d 3.5 with the background of the 2nd) i'm running since 2 years and finally decided to join (never too late ;) ).

Played many games but d&d's still my favorite

Safety Sword

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #868 on: February 22, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
Hi all,
I'm new to here but old to D&D. My friends and I are pretty much die hard 3.5ers and not planning on going any higher with edition numbers at this stage.

Currently DMing a FR campaign and loving it.

See you around I guess!

PhillyG

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #869 on: February 23, 2011, 12:46:32 AM »
married to a wonder man, who I met (oddly enough) on the WotC boards.

Shazam!

the_antigamer

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #870 on: February 23, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »
I've lurked here for a while, making an account to investigate Vorpal Tribble's ban from GitP.

I'm finishing up college, have been playing D&D since the start of third edition, and use 3.5.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #871 on: February 23, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »
married to a wonder man, who I met (oddly enough) on the WotC boards.

Shazam!
Not to be sceptical, but you have checked her sex, right? WotC forums and women seem not to go well together.

Handy Links

mishra

• Monkey bussiness
  • Phyrexian Artificer
« Reply #872 on: February 25, 2011, 05:54:29 AM »
Been lurking, just found this page out and what I've been missing.  :bigeye

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #873 on: February 25, 2011, 06:11:55 AM »
Hmm... Did you come in from the MW forums? I know there's a guy (substitute your preferred description) named mishra around there.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

mishra

• Monkey bussiness
  • Phyrexian Artificer
« Reply #874 on: February 25, 2011, 06:17:31 AM »
Hmm... Did you come in from the MW forums? I know there's a guy (substitute your preferred description) named mishra around there.
Yeah, that's me from MW, I've been enticed to BG by some of the other members both here and there.

Stallion

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #875 on: February 25, 2011, 10:46:07 PM »
Well, I'm not entirely new here, I've lurked around the handbooks and used the advice on here several times, as well as advice and stuff on Giant in the Playground. Just a player, got a few campaigns planned out.

Herp and Derp.

gustaphsum41

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #876 on: February 26, 2011, 10:42:57 AM »
I'm someone interested in RPGs

hagbard

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #877 on: February 27, 2011, 07:38:52 AM »
Hiho folks

I'm playin D&D 3.5 for a few years and my favorite Munchkin card is "Stick to the rules, raise a Level"  :)

stycotl

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #878 on: February 27, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »
hey, i'm aaron. i like hiking, climbing, mountain biking, reading, writing, drawing, sculpting, gaming. i am going to school for digital media and illustration, trying to specialize in 2d and 3d concept art and illustration. i'm married and have two crazy kids and a 3rd on the way in april. i served 4 years in the usmc infantry.

i am a regular on giantitp, and a few years ago made an account on wizards before deciding that that place was a magnet for douchebaggery, and haven't been back. i've watched bg for quite a while, and have been tempted to make an account in order to participate in the homebrew forums, but free time and effort required have kept me away. but vorpal tribble getting booted from giantitp kind of convinced me that i should broaden my forum horizons a bit. so here i am. maybe i'll get into the pbp here if i have time.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #879 on: February 27, 2011, 10:48:51 PM »
Sure are getting a lot of GitP migrants lately.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."