Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257404 times)

darrow

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #840 on: February 06, 2011, 07:48:07 PM »
IAAL. Been lurking forever, but decided to make it official. I don't play much anymore, but have been kicking around the idea of running a 3.5 e6 campaign, and will want to bounce some ideas off the boards.

kharmakazy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #841 on: February 08, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »
New poster, long time reader.

I look for things. Things that make me go.

JollyGreenGargant

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #842 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »
Long time gamer here, I started on 2nd edition, and slowly spread out from there over the years.  Tried Inquisitor, World of Darkness, Shadowrun (3rd), and GURPS (3rd and 4th); but once I learned 3.5 I never looked back.

eternalflame

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #843 on: February 09, 2011, 11:51:54 PM »
Hello

zapato2

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #844 on: February 10, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »
Hi there! Here to discuss on how to break DnD characters and make your DM cry  :).
"It is not enough that I succeed. Others must fail!"

willpower

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #845 on: February 11, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »
Hi.

I'm Allyn. I live in Portland ORegon. I have been a gamer for a little over 20 years.

I mainly came here because Wizards community for d20 isn't what it used to be and everytime I look for things this forum comes up a lot. So I have been a reader here off and on for a while now, but this is my first post.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #846 on: February 11, 2011, 04:49:39 PM »
I mainly came here because Wizards community for d20 isn't what it used to be and everytime I look for things this forum comes up a lot. So I have been a reader here off and on for a while now, but this is my first post.
That's because BG is what the "Wizards community for d20 used to be". :p There was a migration some time back.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Dellvin71

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #847 on: February 11, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »
hi love D&D an other stradgy games just hate spelling ........... lol peace all :lmao

Vicorth

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #848 on: February 12, 2011, 06:52:03 AM »
Hello all, I am Vicorth. I almost exclusively play 3rd or 3.5 D&D. I've dabbled in rifts, cyberpunk, marvel superheroes, vampire, MtG. But I only have a passion for D&D. Primarily, I play spellcasting classes and can't learn enough spells to satisfy my appetite. Magic items are a similar temptation and my current character in play is a gestalt Artificer/Wizard.

PowerMaster

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #849 on: February 12, 2011, 04:09:08 PM »
Hello,

I am from Italy. I play Dungeons & Dragons since 1997 (AD&D 2nd).
Then I started mastering in 1999.

I have experience on playing 2E, 3.5E, d20 Modern and some custom d20 rulesets I created. I also played and mastered 4E for some sessions.

2 years ago I decided to have a pause due to burn out...

Currently I decided to return to play and mastering 3.5, because 4E simply doesn't appeals to me.

My mainly concerns are about game complexity, both in combat during sessions but also during planning. I just love 4E for his encounter and moster creation rules, but there is all my love is, for the moment I will stick to 3.5 or Pathfinder... with some house rules.

I love storytelling (people say I am skilled, especially writing long and complex prophecies/scripts in rhymes), role playing but... I really like a good brawl.

I hope you will tolerate my bad English and my stupid questions, I want to improve my skills in playing and mastering.

Cheers

The Power Master

In the name of Master, the Power and the Play... INITIATIVE!

Mystic Lemur

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #850 on: February 12, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »
I'm a long time (mostly) lurker from the WotC boards. Now I'm here. Sucks to be you, I guess. ;)

Barringer

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #851 on: February 13, 2011, 11:09:57 AM »
Long time player, long time lurker of the wizards forums.  Recently linked to this forum and I enjoy it immensely.  All the best.

Carnap

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #852 on: February 13, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
Hey, I'm new here.

Bard

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #853 on: February 14, 2011, 10:27:37 PM »
Some more cannon fodder for the forums has arrived!
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

Mulletmanalive

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #854 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:22 PM »
New here, I'm known as Mulletmanalive on most forums I frequent.

Worked on various games over the years, presently trying to get my Victorian Steampunk game finished and theoretically publishable but like as not that will never happen because of the byzantine mess that is my magic system at the moment.

I've played relatively little on the fun side of the screen and became somewhat disillusioned with GMing after the last time someone told me where to shove my plot because I wouldn't let him get rich instantly by searching the pockets of poor murdered commoners.

My longest running project for the enjoyment of others is a thing on Giantitp, where i've been trying to convert sufficient fairy folklore into games material to make it playable but that's a slow slog and i'm now more than a little behind on my work.

Summary: keen and inventive designer of mechanics and an erstwhile dreamer of complex and diabolical plots. Never one word where 6 will do...

Gelscressor

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #855 on: February 16, 2011, 05:17:20 PM »
Hello everyone.

I was introduced to DnD through Baldur's Gate II and eventually found my way to PnP due playing on some Neverwinternights Persistent Worlds. I've actually played few PNP games, so my practical experience is limited. However, my knowledge of DND theory is fairly decent; thanks to many hours of lurking around on forums and book reading.

This looks like a relatively laid-back and censor-lite environment, so I decide to sign up. Mostly here for  the ''Thinktank''; although I'll probably have little to add when it comes min-maxing (...not that I don't find it interesting).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:50:30 PM by Gelscressor »

unosarta

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #856 on: February 17, 2011, 12:53:30 AM »
I just came over here from GiantitP. I have been playing D&D for probably 5 years, and I have been doing other creative things but without the context of D&D for... a long time before that.

I mostly came over here because Vorpal Tribble got kicked off GitP and I wanted to still see his work, as well as that the forum is widely quoted and known of, and it seemed prudent to join.

taman

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #857 on: February 17, 2011, 11:23:59 PM »
I haven't had a lot of gaming experiences over the past several years, but my first experience was with AD&D when I was about 13.  Then started playing All Flesh Must Be Eaten for a few years starting when I was 18, mixed in with some 3rd edition D&D in the Ravenloft setting (you can tell the DM and my friends were into the horror genre).  Over the past several years, I have enjoyed listening to various podcasts on gaming, such as Modern Death, and a few other random ones here and there.  My rpg itch has started getting worse the past few months due to the fact that my wife and I have started a small collection of board games, which got me thinking about pen and paper games again.  I just started listening to the BG podcast a couple of weeks ago and love it!  I don't really do forums much at all, but I hope this community will be a great source of advice and feedback as I intend to attempt some one on one Shadowrun sessions with my wife soon.  Thanks for having me!

DraconicDon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #858 on: February 18, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »
Hello, any name works for me.  I tend to play mostly 3.5 but will try almost any game.

Kerberos

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #859 on: February 18, 2011, 06:59:48 PM »
Hi, I'm new, I found the foum looking for Char Op Info since I'm somewhat new to D&D 3.5. Baldurs Gate and NWN is abou the closest I've gotten to 3. and 3.5, though I have plays other RP games.