Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257412 times)

Grim

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #780 on: January 04, 2011, 04:09:58 AM »
I'm a guy that just wants to be able to search for now...
Maybe I'll stop lurking now that I actually made an account

Bejemmed

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #781 on: January 04, 2011, 06:27:36 AM »
Greetings and salutations!~

My name is Chris. I am a 30 years old, lvl 3 expert (skill focus: profession pharmacist) cross classed with 17 lvl's of internet searcher. Mostly, I am here to read and enjoy other member's ideas of the popular role playing game dungeons and dragons.

DoNotFeedTheHipsters

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #782 on: January 05, 2011, 03:40:39 AM »
I'm a just a man...

A man who wants to use the search function.

AtomicKitKat

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #783 on: January 05, 2011, 05:06:10 AM »
Some may know me, from GitP, and the WotC boards. I play most games except 3D FPS types(motion sickness). D&D-wise, I'm all for buffing non-casters, particularly enjoy Barbarians, and in the great Ninjas vs Pirates conflict, I am fully supportive of :ninja. I've only recently started my 3rd decade of *something* on this planet.

GrokThis

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #784 on: January 05, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
Hi. Guess I'm here to learn from other players and maybe give back some of that knowledge as well.

I play D&D 3.5 primarily, with occasional forays into D20 Modern and World of Darkness. I'm in my 30s, getting married soon, going back to school, and have a lousy service job. Hence the going back to school. Oh, and sometimes I write, but nothing published yet.

P.E.A.C.E.

Volfogg

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #785 on: January 06, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »
I am new to the boards and just wanted to say hi all.:) As far as some interesting tidbits about myself here are a few:

• I have been gaming for around 20 years or so.
  • I usually DM ... I never get a chance to play.
  • I love going through the optimization boards looking for interesting ideas.
  • I am married to the most wonderful woman.:)
  • I also managed to get an article (a prestige class to be exact that I created/co-authored) "published" on the WotC site back in the day.

Well that should suffice for now.

Cheers
Volf

Miran

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #786 on: January 08, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »
Uuh... hi.... I'm miran. I'm a sadist, and I'm somewhat annoyed at having to introduce myself here before I get to the stuff that's actually worth my time >.>

Clefable

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #787 on: January 09, 2011, 09:09:53 AM »
Hi. I like maths and optimization. And optimization with maths. Most importantly, I like to be able to search.

Riodrian

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #788 on: January 12, 2011, 05:14:46 AM »
*waves*  Hi, longtime lurker, both here and on the old WotC boards.  Been roleplaying for almost 30 years now and a big fan of most editions of D&D, though the newest incarnation has left me somewhat jaded.

Looking forward to reading more CO madness!

Jagerphage

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #789 on: January 13, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
I'm Jagerphage, also on NearbyGamers.com, and I love this site.  I'm a long-time reader of D&D C/O handbooks and a big fan of Dictum Mortuum's work.

I've played Werewolf: the Apocalypse and D&D 3.5, but I'm interested in learning new games and systems.

I'm a recent college graduate, fa/tg/uy, and root beer snob.

It's good to be here!
"Talent is a pursued interest.  Anything you're interested in you can do."
"...there's a little fireball."
"We need the dark in order to show the light."
"...and since this is your world you can do anything in your world that your heart desires."
"Don't fight it.  Let all of these little things happen.  Learn to use them."

MunchausAscendant

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2011, 10:12:32 PM »
I'm an old-time table-topper (started with Red Box in 1991) who has only recently started to see what all this intertube forum stuff has to offer up about my favorite games.  I got onto Brilliant Gameologists a couple months back when I happened upon the Tier system post and have been learning new and exciting ways to abuse the rules ever since.  :smirk

In my non-gaming hours I play a lot of WoW, home-brew both campaign settings and beer, and occasionally write books.  Also college.  Yeah, lots of that.  Philosophy/CS dual major.  Being an adult student is fuuuuuunnn, let me tell you, but at least I have ready access to a lot of potential victims players, on both sides of the DM screen.  :D

I learned how to internet back before there was such a thing as forums, so I never really developed the habit of using them.  As such, I probably won't post very much, but I'll try to keep what I say cogent, thoughtful, pithy and maybe even witty.  Cheers!

Gabool

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #791 on: January 16, 2011, 06:17:29 AM »
Hey ya'll.I'm primarily a non DnD roleplayer. GURPS, WoD, the like. But when I do play DnD I play to win. Right now I'm working on an arcane trickster build, trying to get it good to run before tomorrow's game. So Far I've got 1 Rogue/3 Wizard/1 Rogue/2 Unseen Seer/10 Arcane Trickster/ 3 probably won't play the campaign long enough to get here. Message me if you've got any ideas on how to better utilize the sneak attack damage, or a way to get into arcane trickster faster than level 8 (there's got to be a way I know it.)

Gondram

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #792 on: January 16, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
Hello all. I am an active D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder player/DM. These forums look like a good place for some ideas.

davidsensei

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #793 on: January 17, 2011, 06:03:31 PM »
Hello there, long time lurker, first time poster, yadda yadda yadda...

I play lots of RPGs when I have the time and think this forum is a nice spot to find inspiration/ideas/people who share some passion for RPGs.

StreamOfTheSky

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #794 on: January 18, 2011, 04:33:30 PM »
Hi, I'm StreamOfTheSky.  I use the same sn on ENWorld and WotC's forums.  Been reading threads here for a long time, especially the handbooks.  Didn't join before because I was content with all the forums for D&D and other things I was already active with, but now that I'll be gradually lessening my activity on ENWorld, figured I'd join a new gaming board.  Nice to meet all of you.

Kamaei

• Noob
« Reply #795 on: January 19, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »
Hello my name is Kamaei, this is my first post on the forum and was introduced to d&d 3.5 mid year 2010. I'm still oblivious to most rules and classes and hope to learn and experience the game better :D

Pimpforged

« Reply #796 on: January 19, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »
Hello to all, my name is Pimpforged and I play mostly DnD 3.5 as well as a few other D20 games like Black Company, a bit of Pathfinder, Warlords of the Accordlands, Etc. I am also currently helping to playtest a system called C.A.G.E. (Cyberneticly Altered Genetically Engineered) a system that a friend of mine is working on and hopes to publish soon. I have checked out BG from time to time for ideas, and I finally decided to join.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #797 on: January 19, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #798 on: January 19, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
I wanted to play a Pimpforged once in a game themed around organized crime. I didn't get in, but the concept lives on.
Pimpforged gains the official Agita Seal Of Approval (which I totally did not just come up with). Rock on.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Pimpforged

« Reply #799 on: January 19, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »
Thx, I'm waiting for an opportunity to play a pimpforged artificer so i can make my pimpcane of awesomeness but my DM is trying to run a more serious game at the moment.