Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257411 times)

voslin428

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #740 on: December 01, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »
Hey, hoping to find out more about character creation than I can seem to find on my own.

The Sach

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #741 on: December 02, 2010, 05:45:38 AM »
Hi,

Belgian Australian, currently residing in Perth.

Been playing since I was about 14, and just hoping to get some advice on various matters... Hopefully I might be able to provide some of my own as well...

Tivan

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #742 on: December 04, 2010, 02:46:51 AM »
Hello all,

My name is Paul, im 40 and ive been playing RPG's since 1985 with my first D&D toon.. human fighter named Tivan.. been using that name in every game since.. Robotech, TMNT, Marvel Superheros, Shadowrun, Rifts, etc etc etc.

i stopped playing anything board based around 98 and started playing online FPS games..

friend introduced me to City of Heroes online.. moved to EVE online did that for aobut 2.5 years and Warcraft for 5 years now..

my current Gf introduced me to some of her friends and thay have a monthly D&D game.. so i started back up about 4 months ago.

forgot how much fun live gaming actually is.

so here i am looking for info and hopefully some friends.

Jdshots

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #743 on: December 05, 2010, 06:55:36 AM »
Hi, I'm a geek. ( crowd response in unison, Hi Geek!) I play D&D video games and am a nerd. You can go from there.

Havvy

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #744 on: December 06, 2010, 04:28:16 AM »
Hello forum.  I am Havvy.  I care about the http://dnd-wiki.org/ Wiki, and really, if I post here, it will be because of that, or something I already posted there.

I play DnD 2 to 3 times a week, and outside of that, walk everywhere I want to go.  Online I study anything I can find, including economics and mathematics.  I have no signs of being in a fight, because I've never been in one.  As such, I, among others, consider myself an observer of the world more than a participant.

Chromeshadow

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #745 on: December 09, 2010, 10:14:05 AM »
Hi,

I am Chromeshadow, I hail from Germany. I used to play a lot of AD&D, and now I find myself in a D%D 3.5 group. I also LARP and play in the SCA.

Best Regards

CS

Eviltedzies

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Live life. Otherwise you have none.
    • Email
« Reply #746 on: December 09, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
Yosh! Names Eviltedzies and I'm from good old Texas.

The old wizards forums are boringly slow so I decided to make an account on here.

Heres to shinanigans and doom for all!
Light in the Darkness.
Darkness in the Light.
It is truly a neverending cycle of nightmares.
Yet that is what we have been given.
Find your dreams where you may.
And live life like no other.

Kigvan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #747 on: December 09, 2010, 07:00:36 PM »
Hello, I've been playing DnD since AD&D2nd, currently DMing and playing in 3.5 games, but I also enjoy 4th, the wizard boards are pretty good for 4e info, but it looks like these ones are much better for 3.5 stuff.  Mainly I am interested in being able to use the search bar.

Malgrim

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #748 on: December 10, 2010, 08:34:25 PM »
Hello folks I'm Malgrim, hope to add to the community.

mthor

• Email
« Reply #749 on: December 10, 2010, 10:33:27 PM »
hey,
the name is Thor
you'll probably see more
of meeeeee

anyway im 17 living in South Dakota or California (spiritually)
and i cant spell
I play dnd any my favorite classes are the binder(tome of magic) the druid(of course) and the wilder/psion (psion if i can swing a psionic flavored reserve feat or wilder if im going a really heavy gish) i dont own tome of battle therefor i dislike all the TOB related stuff.... ( link plz)
thanks
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Murdoc Marbrand

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #750 on: December 10, 2010, 11:42:59 PM »
Hello all.  New here, recommended to this place by a friend of mine.  Starting up a group for the first time in a long time.  This time I'm DMing and we've been thinking about running the World's Largest Dungeon, but there seems to be a lot of restrictions with that...in any case this place looks great and I'm looking forward to contributing. 

Buttfort

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #751 on: December 12, 2010, 06:15:12 AM »
Hullo

I play D&D 3.5 mostly but haven't been able to put a group together in some time, so mostly I just kill time reading up on character builds. I figure I've been reading up enough to possibly contribute something, but hey, who knows. :{|

DeJay

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #752 on: December 12, 2010, 07:07:59 AM »
Hello all, I'm a big fan of D&D v3.5. In my 30s, been playing one version of D&D or another since I was 9. I don't play as much as I want anymore but I very much enjoy reading about it and discussing it.

braininthejar

« Reply #753 on: December 13, 2010, 11:12:58 AM »
Hello.

In short:

I'm from Poland

Rather experienced in RPG but new to GMing D&D. Looking for advice on builds mostly.

c0w3h

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #754 on: December 13, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »
Hi, I'm c0w3h, and I'm from the UK.  I've been playing 3.5 for about 3 years now, and have just recently found the char-op boards :D

Iskajir

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #755 on: December 13, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »
Hi! I'm kinda shy. I play 3.5 D&D. I enjoy complex strategy, but also beating up orcs and taking their stuff. I've been lurking a while, but never posted before.

Grobmotorix

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #756 on: December 13, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »
Hi, I'm a clumsy roleplayer from Germany.

Other interests are the usual(board gameing, tabletop...)

Temji

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #757 on: December 14, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »
greetings...

I've been a D and D player since basic {{ca. 1977 in My case}}... currently play 3.5, but have played them all with the exception of 4.0, which Honestly just looks silly to Me... I DM, I play, I build bad guys and worlds...

favorite characters... My first, of course, and any number of permutations of this guy...

elven of some flavor, multiclass fighter/mage/rogue...

I like the flavor of warlock, but not the essence...

I'll stop there, though I could go on a looooooooong time here...

be well,

Temji Sho Khan

DonQuixote

• What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
« Reply #758 on: December 14, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »
Well, I stumbled along these boards after finishing my first Dungeons and Dragons campaign this fall.  I've been puttering around with some ideas and am excited to start tossing some of them around.

I'm a college student in Pennsylvania and I'm breaking every rule of tabletop gaming by dating my DM.  Of course, with this particular DM, that just means that I die more often.

My first--and, thus far, only--character started out as a bard and ended up as the party tank.  I'm still not entirely sure how that happened, but it was certainly a dramatic shift in playstyles.

I have a freakish obsession with dragons.  I should probably warn you about that now.  Possibly earlier, but it's too late for that at this point.

DarkKnight45757

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #759 on: December 15, 2010, 03:43:16 PM »
Hello,

I am a gamer of sorts. My hobbies include Halo, CoD, WoW, D&D 3.5, and Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Yeah.
Looking to help break some characters and to toss around some ideas for D&D 3.5.

-Thanks.