Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257413 times)

levant2004

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #680 on: October 26, 2010, 05:05:00 AM »
Hey all, I'm Matthew. Lived in the USA all my life. I've been playing D&D 3.0 and 3.5 for years, tried a few other systems here and there. I'm currently managing a job and studying at college in hopes to get a career going, naturally.
I used to run and play some in-person gaming groups, but things have mostly fallen out of there. Currently I play D&D 3.5 online when I can, giving Pathfinder a shot sometimes, very new to it.
I'm a DM at least as often as I am a player, and I have my own setting worked up, fluctuating with events as the players leave their marks on the running game. It's a fun hobby and I don't intend to discontinue it in the midst of being busy if I can help it.

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #681 on: October 26, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »
Hello,
I'm a player of something that started out as D&D, and has evolved into some amalgamation of D&D, variant rules, World of Warcraft roleplaying game, d20 future (mostly the mutations - the spaceships are mostly arbitrary), and a dash of lemon juice for flavor.
Nice to be here.

Flickerdart

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #682 on: October 27, 2010, 12:14:02 AM »
Hello.
Canadian design student here. Prefer 3.5 to 4E. Loathe Apple. Drink my coffee black, my vodka straight and my tea with lemon and two sugars.  :)

crichelle

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #683 on: October 27, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »
Hi, I am new here as well.

I am 29 years old and have been roleplaying since elementary school. My favorites are Robotech, Street Fighter, Champions, and D&D.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #684 on: October 28, 2010, 09:07:37 PM »
I was thinking of having my Hulking Hurler give up the Fire Wine ...

but I prefer semi-infinite damage, to not playing D&D.

(not that the linky idea isn't a good one)

Grogg Tree

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #685 on: October 30, 2010, 12:14:46 PM »
Greetings from GT.  Just working on learning 4e while I continue playing 3.5e and Pathfinder to maintain my sanity. :D

-GT

Mara Palina

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #686 on: October 31, 2010, 06:35:56 PM »
Hi there,

I'm playing D&D 3.5 since 2004 and guess I'll never change to 4th Ed...   :)

Greetings from Europe!

deadlogic

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #687 on: October 31, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
Hey I've only been gaming for 3 1/2 years. I play d&d 3.5 and 4.0, pathfinder, scion, nwod in its many incarnations and i'd really like to try a star wars or mechwarrior rpg. p.s didn't like 4.0 in a lot of ways but will play if its the only game around

Salgod

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #688 on: November 02, 2010, 02:29:52 AM »
Hiya Folks :)
I am a 17 year old male who has been aware of D&D for quite some time and keen to try it out but have only recently started my first campaign(3.5) into just about any form of gaming as well as D&D and in my final year of high school :) 3 weeks to go!

Oh and I am Australian, that makes me awesome :P

blueamm11

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #689 on: November 03, 2010, 01:52:08 AM »
I am a beginning d&d player who loves pixies

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #690 on: November 03, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »
I am a beginning d&d player who loves pixies
I believe we have a couple of pixiephiles here already.  Welcome.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Templario

• Monkey bussiness
  • Wait! Just ONE more buff and I'm ready to battle!
« Reply #691 on: November 04, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:36:17 AM by Templario »

KnightHalcyon

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #692 on: November 05, 2010, 05:34:15 AM »
Ello everyone!

My name is Adam, I've been a gamer most of my life, and about eight years ago my friends and I stumbled onto DnD, and never looked back. Our collection of books and sources grew slowly until college, where it has exploded. Players in my crew have been using all your ah, amazing ideas, for sometime now, and I figured it was about time to make some attempt to pay you all back, thank you, and learn even more tasty amazing secrets you all have hidden in your minds.

One thing though, I blame this bored for hours of new players being teased to the sound of "Neeneer, Neeneer, Tier 5 Tier 5!"

That being said, I look forward to being part of the community!

mcspella

• Monkey bussiness
  • mmrow
    • Email
« Reply #693 on: November 07, 2010, 10:39:48 PM »
Hello 19 year old male here

I've been a gamer most of my life and d&d is one of the few hobbies I have. I play a lot of Magic the Gathering with my friends and play d&d with a group of my friends weekly. Not too long ago some of us stumbled upon this forum so I figured I might as well become part of it :D

IlPazzo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #694 on: November 08, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »
Hello, I am a 17 years old guy from Palermo, Italy.
I've been introduced to D&D (3.5) last summer by a couple of friends, that was my first RPG (except from RPG videogames, which are not even as role playing as joking about D&D)... what can I say, that destroyed my routine, as I currently spend a couple hours/day in reading manuals and web discussions about D&D. I just love it!
I've only played one campaign by now, but I am finally beginning my second (and first "almost optimized") one next week. You couldn't believe how hard it is to find players here.

What's more? umh... I hate elves, for some parts of the Lord of the Rings with way too much elves pissed me (don't tell me about Lothlorien :D)

p.s. about the poll: I found this board by google, searching guides to optimize my first druid.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:18:51 PM by IlPazzo »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #695 on: November 08, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »
What's more? umh... I hate elves, for some parts of the Lord of the Rings with way too much elves pissed me (don't tell me about Lothlorien :D)
Welcome to the club!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

hyriu

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #696 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:38 PM »
Hello everyone

My name for purposes of this forum is hyriu but my real name is Rob. I'm a geek at heart like probably most of everyone here. I stumbled with this nice forum when looking for ideas for my new PC.
I've been playing RPGs since I was 16, now 32 I took a 8 yr leave due to personal life but now I'm back in full action. Playing in a DnD 3.5 group still trying to adjust since my last game was in 2nd. Running a CP2020 campaign as well. The reason I'm joining is because I want to learn and master the art of making a good realiable character both in storyline and game mechanics.

Hope to make great friends here.

Hyriu

bigbadslog

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #697 on: November 09, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
Online I am BigBadSlog, but in real life my name is Mike.

A friend introduced me to the boards as a source of CO advice, dirty tricks, and interesting thinking.
I've played DnD in one incarnation or another for almost two decades now. Also Shadowrun, GURPS,
Rifts, H.O.L.E., Gamma World, and various white wolf games on and off throughout that time.

pride80

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #698 on: November 10, 2010, 10:29:23 AM »
Hi everybody, my name is Andrea, and i live in Florence, Italy. (andrea is a male name in Italy, so don't send me sex PMs  :D)

I play D&D from 2001, and i also played Magic, WoW, Confrontation. I prefer 3.5E to 4E. 

stedmaen

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »
Hello,
I'm Jason 36 years old living in Detroit, Michigan and have been DMing and playing for a long long time.  Came over after a post from an RPG Subreddit which was discussing class tiers.  My players are devious sorts so I figured more research on the hyper-optimized builds will help me to better be able to combat them.

Regards!