Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257398 times)

nags187

• Monkey bussiness
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #640 on: October 13, 2010, 11:01:59 AM »
nate from ohio

Fabolous

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #641 on: October 13, 2010, 02:39:17 PM »
hi all i'm Fabio, from italy
a D&D 3.5 player..a WOW layer..a SC2 player...mmhh

rezby

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #642 on: October 14, 2010, 07:27:37 AM »
I'm just a guy who likes to play various games and try out new ones. I'm currently DMing my first D&D game (3.5, it started in the lich king's domain, not a tavern), and I've been playing 3.5 for a couple of years now.
For another couple'a months, some pals and I have been getting together and playing D&D: Star Wars Saga edition, or known to some as 3.75 with 3.5 character creation and a combat reminiscent of 4e but without the sillyness of powers (with talents instead!). The best part about this D&D Star Wars is that Evasion and Improved Evasion are now one talent which you can get with a single level dip into Scout - there's no more multiclassing penalty, and the system looks like its intended for its characters to be severely multiclass. So imagine a giant wookiee - with improved evasion. lol, prettty much the best thing ever. I love to bother the guys about how 'I'll be fine, I have evasion' because I've survived battles at nigh-full health while they were pretty much near-dead. Its the best mental image ever.

So yeah, I like to talk and rant. Hi. *waves*

Acathala

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #643 on: October 14, 2010, 09:44:42 AM »
I agree, and I'm a gamer from Scotland.

DubiousKing

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #644 on: October 14, 2010, 10:28:47 AM »
Hello,

I've been playing RPGs since I was about 10 when my parents bought me D&D 3e and I've since expanded into virtually every mainstream system (WoD, Fate, GURPS, etc) and a handful of not-so-mainstream that I can't really list off the top of my head. I'm on a large number of forum sites, typically with this username, so it shouldn't be that hard to find me. I also play a lot of online video games with this username, so if you run into a DubiousKing while playing Team Fortress 2, it's probably me.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #645 on: October 14, 2010, 08:00:06 PM »
Hey folks.

A play-by-post gamer here, most of my games were Mutants and Masterminds, but I try out other systems too. My other interests include anime and video games. And giant robots. And video games about giant robots.

A few people I knew are already on this forum, so I joined in. Also, I hope this will be a good home for a Let's Play I am running.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #646 on: October 14, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »
Hey folks.

A play-by-post gamer here, most of my games were Mutants and Masterminds, but I try out other systems too. My other interests include anime and video games. And giant robots. And video games about giant robots.

A few people I knew are already on this forum, so I joined in. Also, I hope this will be a good home for a Let's Play I am running.
I've been expecting you. *strokes cat*

Here's an M&M thread from Agita (aka Jm2c, aka Associate). Oslecamo's been working on the robots.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:25:52 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

dracoemyrs

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »
Hello,
 I've been gaming for awhile, mostly dnd 3.5, but was just introduced to min/maxing a couple years ago. I have been trying to find a good balance between min/maxing and rp based char. It is a real struggle, but I am almost there.

Malachei

• Monkey bussiness
    • Malachei's Board
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2010, 06:50:12 AM »

I have been playing and DMing D&D from BECMI on, then AD&D 1st and 2nd eds., finally 3.0 and 3.5. Playing offline, online and play-by-post.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2010, 07:03:18 AM »
Hey folks.

I don't know you, but I heard of you.
Yesterday. :p Anyway, welcome.

Here's an M&M thread from Agita (aka Jm2c, aka Associate). Oslecamo's been working on the robots.
:embarrassed The first build in the thread is crap; I've been meaning to rebuild it. Not a good first impression.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

wargamer1972

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #650 on: October 16, 2010, 12:33:46 PM »
Hi,

My name is Jeff.  My online personas are wargamer1972 for anything RPG/wargame related and CHDedalus for anything PC game related.

I have been a gaming RPGs and wargames since the early 1980s.  I enjoy writing rules and have some self-published through Lulu and Wargames Vault.  I am a supporting member of The Miniatures Page and Miniature Wargaming.  Besides my games some of the games I enjoy are:

RPGS: D&D, GURPS

Wargames: DBA, DBM, HOTT, AD&D Battlesystem, Song of Blades & Heroes

geki

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2010, 02:54:38 PM »
Hello, I am Giacomo, from Italy.
I played many different RPG (starting from D&D). I am still trying to find the way to play those here in Boston, where I live, and listening to the podcast let me "feel" a gamer, even if I am not playing.
Best
Geki

Di Bastet

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2010, 08:02:49 PM »
Hello, my name's Diego Erik, I'm a very happy brazilian geek (married with my own RPer geek wife, two dogs with geek names and with my own "RPG Room", a sanctuary to geekness (and iroing clothes...) in my house) and I'm a lurker here on these forums for how much time I can't remember, really.

I'm a full-time DM, love D&D and mostly create my own house-rules and "3.5 fixes" to play. Whenever I play with another person as a DM (a rare instance indeed) I find some time to ask "What are your opinions about the power difference of casters and non-casters? And what do you do about it" before I just "play what I like".

I'm a sucessful person in inserting the taste for good rules and semi-optimization in my players, but I have a heat torn apart between being a CO and a RPer.

Oh, and I'm not lurking because I need some opinions on some new rules.

Xander_Phoenix

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
Hello, everyone. Just want to use your search. Sorry for being that straightforward.

sammysir

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #654 on: October 18, 2010, 11:15:27 AM »
Hi from Ireland.

3.5 player always looking for a stronger build!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #655 on: October 18, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »
Hi from Ireland.

3.5 player always looking for a stronger build!
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

DaRob

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #656 on: October 18, 2010, 09:32:32 PM »
Hi - my name is Rob. Not much of a PnP gamer but I am interested in the mechanics.

Wilb

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Troll Blooded Bone Knight at your service!
« Reply #657 on: October 19, 2010, 12:08:14 PM »

drummermp

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #658 on: October 20, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »
Hi, I'm Mark. I'm play D&D 3.5, Magic, Warhammer 40,000, and pretty much any other game people recommend.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #659 on: October 20, 2010, 01:08:56 AM »
Hi, I'm Mark. I'm play D&D 3.5, Magic, Warhammer 40,000, and pretty much any other game people recommend.

Huh. I recommend The Game.

In other news: I just lost. Again.

[spoiler][/spoiler]