Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257409 times)

Bigwig

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #540 on: August 28, 2010, 10:49:31 AM »
Heya, old school COer here, recently picked up the hobby again. Mainly running 3.5 & Pathfinder.

kalkyrie

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #541 on: August 30, 2010, 10:45:51 AM »
Hi. I'm activating the search function ^^.
(3.5 edition player, in amusing campaign which has given us far too much money for our level. Curious what can be done with it)

WeAreLegion

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #542 on: August 31, 2010, 01:32:45 AM »
Hello world!

Clarkington

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #543 on: August 31, 2010, 09:49:06 AM »
Hello all!

Ravi

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #544 on: August 31, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »
Hi there!

Ravi is the name of my first 3rd edition D&D character. In real life my name is John Stanton. I have been playing D&D and other RPGs since 1977. Hmm... 33 of my 48 years. Our group has been playing once a week for around 30 years; most of us went to high school and college together.

Our group is currently playing 3.5. We gave 4.0 a try when it first came out, but it just wasn't our cup of tea. So we are back to 3.5. We have been using the Eberron setting for several years now. Before 3rd edition, we were playing EGG's Mythus. We boycotted 2nd edition because of the evil woman who corrupted TSR. I still buy lots of stuff from WotC (including DnD Insider) but I really don't use any of it; I love the company, but I think they have lost their way. We might give Pathfinder a chance eventually.

I live in sunny San Diego. Professionally, I am a recovering software engineer who saw the light and became an academic librarian. I enjoy reading science fiction , fantasy, and a huge array of non-fiction as well. I was a Lost fanatic since I saw the first episode at Comic-Con. I am currently awaiting The Event and No Ordinary Family.

One of my favorite hobbies is creating 3.5 characters. I play around with PCGen (using CMP's data sets), HeroForge's excel sheet, the TOS+ excel sheet, and anything else I can find on the web. I am always on the hunt for something better... I welcome suggestions.

I found this site via Google and have been reading posts here for a couple years now. I figured it was time to join the site. I am glad to be here!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:31:22 AM by Ravi »

ElMorte

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #545 on: September 01, 2010, 04:43:05 AM »
Much fun stuff here.

Some guys definately have too much time. *g*

Keep up the work.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #546 on: September 01, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »
Much fun stuff here.

Some guys definately have too much time. *g*

Keep up the work.
Too much? Or... not nearly enough? :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Balog

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #547 on: September 01, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »
Hello all,

glad to see Balog was free on this board. It's my handle on every single forum I post on, except GitP where some /mumbles obscenity took it before I got there. So I post as Jolly in that neck of the woods. And yes, I did prepare explosive runes this morning...
Pathetic nerds who talk tough on the internet about games in order to try to not feel like the pathetic losers they are amuse me.

Uroshnor

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #548 on: September 02, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
Hi Everybody!

I've been lurking for a while, mostly on the CO boards, but I haven't actually posted anything yet. Seems like it's time, since they apparently disabled search for everyone with 0 posts.

Foxwander

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #549 on: September 03, 2010, 12:57:55 AM »
Greetings,
Well I found this site awhile ago after the last wotc boards frak up- I mean "update".  Anyway, all the handbooks and such were screwed, googling found them here and now this site has a permanent spot on my bookmarks toolbar.
Standing in uffish thought.

Seethyr

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #550 on: September 04, 2010, 12:44:51 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and actually followed the rules to post here first!  I'm amazed I wasn't fumbling around for months before I came on this thread.

My gaming history is this.  At the age of ten my neighbor came over with a big red box and a cool looking dragon on it and some really bizarre dice.  From that day forward I worked my way through editions and each book I wipe the dust off of reminds me of some other time in my life.  Some are addicted to drugs, some alcohol, some gambling, etc, well mine was Forgotten Realms aand I've been gobbling up bits of lore ever since.  I pretend 4e Realms does not exist  :banghead

Somewhere in 2e the "alternate earth" subsettings of FR drew me in and I just haven't left after all this time.  Right now any setting that isn't completely European myth-based is my passion, but it may change.
Come find adventures and accessories based on Aztec and Mayan myth at Maztica Alive!

kaniada

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #551 on: September 05, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
I'm 28 and I started playing d&d 3.5 about a year and a half ago.  I have found this site extremely useful in opening my eyes to the possibilities that exist in character development.

HolyCause

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: September 06, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »
Me wants to use search! I assume it's only one post away...

Anyway, I doubt I'll post much. I'm more of a lurker. I'm opinionated and talkative in person but online I'm a bit quieter unless provoked  ;)

I might say that I do love these forums though, a lot of (good) information.

kelsar56

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #553 on: September 06, 2010, 03:25:07 PM »
hey,

I have been playing dungeons and dragons for like 8 years or so.  Started off with 2nd edition and went to 3.5 after a little bit.  I like to think I know a good amount about the rules and stuff so if anyone has any questions feel free to send me an email.  I have worked mostly with the core books, but have been expanding into some of the non-core books with some of recent characters.  Anyway, just wanted to say hi and make an account so I can post about crafting in 3.5 and just how screwed up the rules are on it. 

Well nice to meet you all

Trippies

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #554 on: September 07, 2010, 05:19:03 AM »
hey guys Im new to the site, joined because the wotc site is pretty  much dead. This site looks like it has way better layout, not sure what the rebellion is about but glad to see something good at least came from it.

Scorpio

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #555 on: September 07, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »
Hello my name is Cory.

Eymerich

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #556 on: September 07, 2010, 06:19:58 PM »
Oh hai  :)
D&D Player and DM here since 2002-ish... - from Milan, Italy
Popped by to get info for my next Faerun character, hoping to get out of here less confused than before.

AlcariTheMad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #557 on: September 07, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »
Hi!
I've been playing D&D for a little over a year now.
I'm an aspiring computer programmer, and as such I tend to optimize everything I can(yes, I know that's the root of all evil).

fallen-angle

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #558 on: September 07, 2010, 10:47:42 PM »
Hello there,

I am a long time Lurk of the Min/Max and character optimization boards. Finally decided to get registered so I could post a proper Master Transmographist Handbook. Hopefully now on a forum that won't delete all its threads...WotC...
Master Transmographist Guide (In Progress): http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9277.20

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #559 on: September 08, 2010, 01:47:31 AM »
Well I finally got the system to let me register so now it's time to share my ideas in the min max boards. Been roleplaying for years and am currently engaged in the d&d Red Hand of Doom campaign. Thought the gm was going to have an anurism when I came up with a plan to destroy the dwarven bridge with badgers.  :D