Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257453 times)

KStrong9118

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #500 on: August 09, 2010, 03:15:43 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Anthony, I'm a full time student, history, been gaming since middle school, was a closet nerd, we code named it rugby. I'm out now.

Sstrad

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: August 09, 2010, 10:43:52 AM »

Revenant

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2010, 05:34:28 AM »
Hey all,

Came for the 3.5 charop board, stayed for the podcast.

Also, I'm an RftG addict.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #503 on: August 11, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
guess i should leave some mark here, though i went right for what i was interested in and missed this part of the board totally.... *^^* this board kept turning up in my google searches for all those nitpicky how-can-i-bend-but-not-quite-break-the-rules related questions and the how-can-i-force-the-rules-to-do-what-i-want-for-my-character-concept and whatnot....

*pawprint*
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #504 on: August 11, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
Well, this part of the board is pretty new, though the thread isn't.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

noluit

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #505 on: August 12, 2010, 11:08:40 AM »
Oh hai guys!

Tramadombra

• Noob
« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2010, 08:33:30 PM »
hi guys!

:D

ScarfNinja

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »
Hey all. I also go by Kholai on various haunts when I remember to. I try to appear as unbearably uninteresting as I can manage whilst planning megolamaniacal schemes in my head, which is a fairly standard part of the British conspiracy.

Also, I have never swan dived into a six foot deep vat of jelly.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2010, 11:37:57 PM »
Hey all. I also go by Kholai on various haunts when I remember to. I try to appear as unbearably uninteresting as I can manage whilst planning megolamaniacal schemes in my head, which is a fairly standard part of the British conspiracy.

Also, I have never swan dived into a six foot deep vat of jelly.
You haven't? Man, you're missing out.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #509 on: August 14, 2010, 05:47:12 AM »
Hey. Not sure what the WOTC Rebellion is, but I used to post on the Wizards charop forums in the 3E/3.5 days, got kind of less interested in it as practical op sort of fell by the wayside. I came here via a link off 4chan's /tg/ and pretty much liked what I saw, so hi.

arcanabanana

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #510 on: August 14, 2010, 07:34:19 PM »
Hello, my name is Nic, also go by Nicci sometimes. I actually registered using the wrong name because I'm a genius, and typed in my gmail name, oh well... 

:clap

Been gaming a fairly long time, but got super rusty when everyone in a 200 mile radius stopped altogether. I guess WoW is more interesting or something. *gag*

Dont know just how busy I'll wind up becoming here, but this is where my journey begins!

:D
~Nic Bee~

Deusnocturne

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »
Hey folks, found this after checking out the old CO boards after not playing for almost a year... Glad to be back into it now on to the optimization  :evillaugh

Andras

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
2nd post actually, sorry about that.
Name's my s/n. Got the link from the WOTC CO board.

RedHarvest

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #513 on: August 17, 2010, 04:12:47 AM »
Greetings.

This is my first time on any gaming-related boards, so please be kind. I've been playing D&D and other RPGs for about five years now, Magic for much longer than that, though only sporadically after they finished the Urza cycle. I discovered Character Optimization through the Gleemax board when I got roped into a 12th-level campaign last year, and while the campaign bombed, I was cranking out damage on par with everyone else who had gestalted their characters.

I now run a campaign (first time DMing) in Japan, where I teach English to ungrateful high school kids. My players are ECL 13, and I turn once again to the CO boards and the fine people of the Internet to help give the blighters a thoroughly immersive challenge, and hopefully to break free of the railroads I had to start them on.

Regards
-Red, who is of the masculine persuasion.
PS: The campaign is not run for the high school kids. The campaign is for other native English speakers who are also teaching in Japan. If my kids could play D&D, they would not need me to teach them English.

Irbisgreif

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #514 on: August 17, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »
Hi, moving here from Google Wave, which is going down but was so nice for RPG's while it lasted.

Most of my experience is in D&D, WoD.

faranya

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #515 on: August 18, 2010, 12:45:52 AM »
Hey folks,

I'm new to the whole D&D thing, working through my first ever campaign. Hoping to find some helpful information here with you guys.

I-C

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #516 on: August 18, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm I-C otherwise known as Insane Cheese. Occasional lurker of these boards, I primarily signed up so I could search and ask questions of the CO people (and hopefully they won't be amazingly stupid questions :P ) Being playing 3.5 for about 2 years now, had a few sessions of 4th ed and figured we would stay with 3.5.
Well that's all I can think of for now.

Cheers.

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #517 on: August 18, 2010, 04:59:03 PM »
Hello, I am also known here by Ruam, but since my account has been broken since the last time I posted with it I finally got fed up waiting to join the PB-game I am in I created this (seems it is quite hard to fix it). So until it is fixed, this is my new face (use bhu for confirmation, should you doubt). Anyway, monotremes for life!
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

gs1990

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #518 on: August 18, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »
Hai, i'm a college student that likes to play games, all games, and i like to be "good" at the games i play. I would also like to say the only thing i may like more then games is money  :smirk

Torq

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #519 on: August 19, 2010, 01:14:08 AM »
Hi all.

Been playing D&D for nearly 15 years on and off.  I fell back in love with it when 3.0 came out and even moreso with 3.5e.

Anyway, hope to share some ideas on DM'ing and playing with some of you bright folks.

Torq