Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257487 times)

Newbiegamertim

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #420 on: December 03, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
Welcome, Tim.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Sorry, I had to.

Hee. I use that sound clip at the end of the slide show for a training class I'm teaching.

dwennon

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #421 on: December 07, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »
Hello i'm a new comer to this forum even though I have looked through it for optimizing before, I'm not that experienced in actually playing role playing games even though I know and could probably play fairly well in a couple of systems, I am making my own game and it's getting ever closer to being testable :smash, and that's all I can think of to say right now.

Pika...

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Pika-Pi?
    • The Planet of Origin
    • Email
« Reply #422 on: December 09, 2009, 05:42:24 AM »
Hello i'm a new comer to this forum even though I have looked through it for optimizing before, I'm not that experienced in actually playing role playing games even though I know and could probably play fairly well in a couple of systems, I am making my own game and it's getting ever closer to being testable :smash, and that's all I can think of to say right now.

Hey, welcome!

It is nice no longer being the new guy. (Pants him gals while I get the wallet  :D)
Thank you Gary Gygax for so much.
I know you never intended for such things when you made your wonderful game, but you helped me in so many ways. If it wasn't for you I would probably still be completely alone and isolated in my life. Now I am ready to move on with my life, and it is in a large part thanks to you and your creation.
Your body will not float endlessly in the astral plane, for you are beyond that. ~Me

I am a proud tester for Barn Cat Software's DM Secretary software.
Please give it a try:
http://barncatsoftware.org/

It is free and a wonderful aid to DMs!

phoenix6e

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2010, 01:27:37 PM »
hello guys, i never introduce myself correctly so let me correct that, i'm a guy from quebec and i go to the university. i found you by a friend (alstar). fan of DnD since the cegep (i'm more like a addicted bitch), i am not quite a professional optimizer, i prefer funny concept, but i am in the good path to become one. so that's pretty much it nice to meet you and see you next time

bue52

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: February 15, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »
Hey all, I guess you can call me bue, I live in Singapore, and started gaming 2 years ago. But I have very little experiences with regards to table top roleplaying. I found this through the Giantitp forums (In fact, its thanks to Oots that I joined the hobby.) Incidentally, before gaming, I played free form forum rpg, which had no game mechanics whatsoever, and sadly, I have yet to have the income to try out other games, other than dnd 4e. Especially with the inflation and exchange rates, which makes it harder to get books.

Indigo

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #425 on: March 11, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
Hi there !
I'm a french guy who's been roaming this place for a few months, and I thought that it was time to present myself as I'm going to participate a bit (actually, going to need your participation  :D ).
Actually playing D&D3.5, I'm more a theorist than an actual experienced gamer due to lack of people to play with, but that has just changed, so here I am with my questions and stuff.

Feel free to PM me about language misuse(s), and see you on the boards.  :)

Oh, and I also found you through GitP (I just love that comic strip !)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: March 12, 2010, 08:26:30 PM »
French? That is interesting, I can only point out one other French guy around here. Welcome!

Handy Links

Indigo

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2010, 04:45:53 PM »

Mutterfingers

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #428 on: April 06, 2010, 02:14:18 AM »
I've been trying to be more forum active lately and I realized the other day that I have had an account but never posted on the BG boards.

I'm 24, living in Tennessee, I've been actively role-playing for about seven years now and running games for close to six. I'm traditionally a D&D player, partially due to group interest, but enjoy taking GM opportunities to butt expectations.

My other geek niche include comics, indie music and of course, podcasts (such as: 3.5 Private Sanctuary, Coverville, The Dharma Dummies, Funnybook Babylon, The History of Rome and Radio Free Hipster.)

Yep, that's all.

First post accomplished.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2010, 05:29:36 PM »
Hey.

I'm a guy in my late 20s on the west coast of the US, interested in optimizing but somewhat hampered by my poor memory and short attention span.  I remember the CO board exodus and became aware of these forums at that time, but then sort of drifted off.  I browse the forum now and then but don't often have much to say, so I don't.  I mainly signed back up hoping to ask some specific help for a situation that could screw up easily, in the near future.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Rekcuf

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »
Hi there!

My name is Matt, and I'm in my later 20's and living in DC.  I'm a long time gamer, but new to the optimization scene.  Really looking forward to getting new ideas and help from the brilliant minds here!  Thanks for everything!!!

Tanenjo

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #431 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:43 PM »
Hello all, I'm Josh. I'm 22 in Memphis and I'm glad to be here.

Much love and respect for the Handbook section, so I just had to start posting finally.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #432 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:50 PM »
Hello all, I'm Josh.
...uh oh.

*insert Highlander pic here*
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cuindless

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Occam's Razor
« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »
Hello everyone. I just found my way over here from the old gleemax forums, which appear to be defunct. I spent some time overseas with the military where internet access was limited, and came back to discover that my beloved Character Optimization boards had pretety much dried up and disappeared. Thank you Brilliant Gameologists for taking over!

About me: I'm a pretty serious gamer. I play a LOT of D&D. I enjoy both the optimization and roleplaying aspects of that game in about equal measure. I also play White Wolf, Shadowrun and even the occasional Rifts campaign. Non-RP I am an 1850 rated chess player and an avid fan of wargames like Risk and Axis & Allies. I would like to get into tabletop wargaming at some point, but it's so hard to find grognards these days.  :(

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #434 on: May 13, 2010, 02:07:14 AM »
Gleemax isnt necessarily defunct, Wizards just made it worse.

Cuindless

• Occam's Razor
« Reply #435 on: May 13, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »
Eh, it's defunct for all intents and purposes, IMO. Most of the threads that I followed religiously and/or referenced repeatedly are either missing or difficult to follow. The Surrealodex is largely non-functional. I'm finding I like BG's format much more. I just wish there were more handbooks. I'd write one, but I'm not nearly as good at optimization as guys like Dictum and Treantmonk.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #436 on: May 13, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
Theres a thread on here somewhere about using the wayback machine to find the old threads.  Hopefully people port the content over to keep it going.

Cuindless

• Occam's Razor
« Reply #437 on: May 24, 2010, 01:58:10 PM »
Yeah, I've started the porting over process for a few of the Handbooks that I really enjoyed. I've brought over the Choker Handbook and I'm looking at the Bard Handbook.

Odinson

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: May 29, 2010, 03:17:32 AM »
Hey all. I stumbled on BG scouring the web trying to learn more about Duskblades (to no avail...yet).

I'm not exactly a serious gamer, but I just threw my hat in for what will hopefully be a lengthy D&D 3.5 campaign. Other than that, I stick mostly to tabletop wargames, chess, and some more physical activities.

fauntix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • In search for the legendary "I win button" ~Lilium
    • Email
« Reply #439 on: May 31, 2010, 02:34:25 AM »
Hello I am Fauntix. I have played D&D 3.5 for 5 years and never learned how to optimize or min/max a chara. I hope to learn quickly here on how to do that. Most of the time I feel like I am against the wall  :banghead with my group claiming to have broken charas and what not... but none of them are using any tier 1 classes. So I decided to jump on here and show them what for. lol
Current PCs:
Level 2 Artificer
Level 11 Rogue