Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257391 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Quasi-official Introductions Thread- Now With Poll-Freshness!
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2008, 05:35:09 PM »
I am a number two.

Handy Links

munin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • I may or may not be a Quantum Taoist
    • MemEng
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2008, 02:11:56 AM »
Hi, I'm that one guy who has a tendency to show up on a board, become deeply involved in it to the point where he gets a reputation for at least seeming like he knows what he's talking about, and then sort of lurks until he's needed.  I've got a strange sense of humour which my players frequently decry as being in violation of the Geneva Conventions.  I DM from time to time whenever I can get the group together, and we usually have a pretty good time.  I tend towards the not-so-serious (as I'll do anything to break out the "Mass Broadway Musical" spell) but have been known to run a fairly decent horror game now and then.

I also may or may not be a Quantum Taoist.  It's probably best not to ask.
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan/A stately Pleasure-dome decree/Where Alph, the sacred river, ran/Through caverns measureless to man/Down to a sunless sea

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2008, 09:34:26 AM »
Erm, well, Llochlyn here, Lurker 3/COer 2/Dm 2

Most of my activity is concentrated on french boards, and I shamelessely use the tasty brains of the english speaking community whenever I need people with more involvment in cheese (paradoxal, french people are more fluff than cheese in games).

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2008, 01:27:15 PM »
Erm, well, Llochlyn here, Lurker 3/COer 2/Dm 2

Most of my activity is concentrated on french boards, and I shamelessely use the tasty brains of the english speaking community whenever I need people with more involvment in cheese (paradoxal, french people are more fluff than cheese in games).
Llochlyn!  *pounces*
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2008, 05:10:39 PM »
Somewhat Superman-esque action there. "My dear friend! DIE!"

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »
Yeah, but Superman sucks  :eh
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Deadeas

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Hmm...My common sense is tingling...
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2008, 03:47:31 AM »
'Ello all, found the show not too long ago and decided to join.

I'm a long time video game player, and am attempting to start an RPG group in my hometown...Sadly, most people around here prefer guns to dice...

Kari

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
Howdy, folks.

I'm known as Kari at both the WotC forums, and over at Mortality.net, and maybe even at ENWorld (I think I have an account there? Maybe?)

Over at WotC, I was found most commonly in the Classes, and Psionics boards (as well as a strange little place known as the Castle of Fun, but no one knows about them.  :smirk )

Had I known about this wonderful place before, I surely would have joined earlier. As it is, I found out about it in the wake of a certain board administrator's poor actions over at a certain set of official boards now ruled by a Magic the Gathering in-joke. *Coughcough*

You folks will probably find me most over in the 4E section here, at least for the time being.  :)

CoarsestGrate

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Wisdom begins in wonder.
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2008, 03:46:43 AM »
Hola.  I go by CoarsestGrate, and I came over from the WotC forum after watching them come crashing down.  I'm a lurker at heart, and my favorite boards from back at WotC were always CO and the Real Adventures boards.  I still look at both from time to time.  I finally decided to post after discovering The Playground and its Riddles thread, and that's where I plan to spend most of my time for now.

:drunk

Nachofan99

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2008, 07:30:49 PM »
Hello, I am Nachofan to the 99th power.

I came here because the WotC boards are full of suck.  Too much downtime, server lag, and terrible admins.  This place looks fun  :)

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »
Per-aps it's kinda late to describe m-self, but here goes. I'm a bit of a lurker on the FailMax boards, but I like the community here better. I favor homebrew madness, tinkering, and redheads and boobies.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Brandon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2008, 12:02:30 AM »
Hello!  I go by Brandon most of the time.  I stumbled across the review of the Battlestar Galactica RPG and enjoyed it so much I figured I'd see what else was on tap over here.

I've been gaming for more than twenty years but I've yet to play anything by Wizards of the Coast.  I'm more of a d6 star wars & serenity kind of guy (but by all means, keep beating up on cortex, it's highly entertaining). I haven't rolled a D20 in about twelve years.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2008, 06:47:36 AM »
I've been around for more than a month, but I've just started straying from the various D&D boards. So: hello !  :cheers

I post on Gleemax still and on GitP (in particular in the PbP areas). I'm a French Californian or a Californian French depending on how you look at it.

I'm not a big fan of podcasts but one day I'll get around to listening the BG ones ! :)
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Googleplex

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »
Sup guys? I saw a link over at WotC and decided that I'd come over and see what it was like over here!

Feyd

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
Got linked here from Wizards forums - howday!

katans

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • All hail the Cheese!
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2008, 10:47:55 AM »
Hi there...

I'm a 26 y.o. gamer from France currently living in Germany. Heard about this place, came to have a look, and here I am. I've been gaming for the last 10 years, mostly Vampire DA, Shadowrun, Warhammer FRPG, L5R and more recently D&D 3.5.

You can also find me on ENWorld under the nick Kat'. I used to be on the WOTC boards but haven't been for a while; my nick there is katans as well.

See you!

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
Welcome to our little party!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

arioch

• Monkey bussiness
  • Large print giveth & small print taketh away
    • Bloodhammer
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2008, 01:09:41 AM »
Hey Guys,

I just joined after listening to a few episodes of the BrilliantGameologists. I really like the format of the show and enjoy the content. And that Meg! What a voice!

I live in Sydney and have role played for 25+ years. Man does that make me feel old. I have been married for about 10 years and have a 3 1/2 year old son. I, like you guys was an actor but that was many years ago (although I did play Theatresports for a few years). Now I work in IT as a Business Analyst.

Keep up the good work - all of you. I loved the banter on the bonus episode about GenCon. I even enjoyed the clam gag to the very last.
Sometimes, when I drive across the desert in the middle of the night, with no other cars around, I start imagining: What if there were no civilization out there? No cities, no factories, no people? And then I think: No people or factories? Then who made this car? And this highway? And I get so confused I have to stick my head out the window into the driving rain---unless there\'s lightning, because I could get struck on the head by a bolt.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2008, 02:38:09 AM »
Yay!  Welcome!  I hope you have fun here.  Check out our show talk section to be sure- we're always looking for ideas and suggestions!
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2008, 04:20:55 AM »
I'm a dual citizen, for now. Kurashu here and there (and most everywhere else, too). I don't really listen to podcasts or do anything...really. I work in retail! I'll sell you a tempur-pedic bed! Or a massage chair. You know, stuff. Stuff you'd be better off without because you could buy gas and food and beer and other stuff that isn't my stuff.

I've been playing D&D for a while. And by a while I mean a few years. By that I mean like two, maybe three.

I speak a little German, know no Japanese (despite what my screen name may lead you to believe), listen to mostly "loud and abrasive" music as it has been described to me (mostly metal, some of the -core stuff, post-hardcore, & hardcore with a little hard rock for good measure), spend too much time with my nose shoved into a fantasy book or with my eyes glued to my Pokemons (I show them to you), in my spare time I cuddle with my girlfriend and kiss her on the nose.

That's really about it.